cawthorn and sinclair

i was given some photos from hughie peppers son wesley the other day,they look like they are taken in southern europe. i think theyre brilliant. ]

the first few were from joe codling.he drove the daf after caddys took over mcphersons at durham

Can anyone remember a chap called I think Bill? Humphrey that worked at CS for a lot of years.

tyneside:
Can anyone remember a chap called I think Bill? Humphrey that worked at CS for a lot of years.

Yes he lived in Delves Lane Consett and drove for Glendinnings for a while, he also had his own truck after that and worked for the company who used to be in Abbey Road Durham before Glendinnings moved in.

Any of you C/S drivers remember Ray Thompson, we went to school together, I was his minder, He was called big Ray, & I was called little Lawrence, great lad was Ray, He worked for Elldis for a long time, after his time at C/Ss. There was a fitter there as well Billy Hardacre, he worked for Baxters a couple of times laterley when Bob Kinghorn owned it, Getting back to Ray im sure he was at Van Hees too, . Sadley to say he dosnt enjoy good health his cousin keeps me informed.

hi larry

i worked with ray when he worked for kris kristiansen and jimmy jarvis K & J international pulling for scottish express and frans maas, that was in 89-91ish he had the sister lorry to mine G211 SRG last time i saw ray he was at haulge services newburn few year ago now.

regards

mark

scan0030.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:
Any of you C/S drivers remember Ray Thompson, we went to school together, I was his minder, He was called big Ray, & I was called little Lawrence, great lad was Ray, He worked for Elldis for a long time, after his time at C/Ss. There was a fitter there as well Billy Hardacre, he worked for Baxters a couple of times laterley when Bob Kinghorn owned it, Getting back to Ray im sure he was at Van Hees too, . Sadley to say he dosnt enjoy good health his cousin keeps me informed.

Larry, I remember Ray, he worked at Waugh’s when I was there and your right he went to Elddis after that. He was a big lad and never suffered fools gladly. Give him my best next time you speak to him . Ps Do you know if Bob Kinghorn is still around. regards kevmac47.

Hi Kev, Ray now lives in a home I dont visit him, sadley to say, as much as I would like to, he suffers from A/Zms. So I would rather remember him as he was .We were best mates at school, & it sounds a bit daft that I was his minder, me being a dwarf, but he was very timid in those days, so I stuck up for him, when any body wanted to fight him they had to fight me first, & that got them thinking, whats this little bloke up to, it worked every time they just shyed off. a bluff on my behalf but they didnt know that… I dont know if Bob is still going about I will put a few feelers out, & see what I can come up with. Regards Larry

the sed ak that ray thompson drove. another ex cawthorns driver ,bob hunter had it at knight berkeley. bob and his son with his 1418 merc

Another name comes to mind Bob English, he worked at C/Ss, when they tried 2 new ERFs, Petrol injection RR engines, they were tankers painted Proctor & Gambles colours, flying machines, very quiet, the drivers loved them but they never caught on for some reason or other. Anyone remember them ?.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Another name comes to mind Bob English, he worked at C/Ss, when they tried 2 new ERFs, Petrol injection RR engines, they were tankers painted Proctor & Gambles colours, flying machines, very quiet, the drivers loved them but they never caught on for some reason or other. Anyone remember them ?.

Hullo Lawrence,
What about Dennis Cheeseman ? Why did you send him down to us at MAT in Hull ? :open_mouth:

Cheers, Archie.

Archie I never worked a C/Ss. I new Bob English from another firm he worked for, I do rememeber MAT at Hull, I worked for F.Short & Sons Ltd. they had a depot in Hull in Oxford Street off Wincomblee.