E,Kidd Transport

scaniaontheroad:

Bewick:

scaniaontheroad:

Stanfield:
Not the early days but its a start.0

I have some but got to download them.They are from 1988 when i started to drive there,but left in 2005 when we moved to Canada!!

Dosen’t seem to be going far this thread,so here is a question I probably could have asked 25/30years ago,but didn’t.What was the basis of the drivers pay scheme at Ernies,how did it work? Was it the same or similar to that at Nelsons of Arnside and Bargh’s? Over the years when I had negotiations with our shop stewards and at times when these firms cropped up in the piece I used to ask them to give me sight of a P60 so I could compare it with some of ours.Funny,one was never produced,and when at times I would become exasperated and say the "gates there " go and work for one of them!!! Funny,none of our drivers ever did that either!!! Just curious thats all!! Bewick.

We were payed for 40 hours then 10% of the load,i think that was how it went.Not sure how they pay now been 7 years since i left.Think the pay was very much even all round the area.i got some photos to put on next time im on my days off.Hope your keeping well Dennis and all the best!!![/quote

Found on the net.
ERNIE KIDDS SCANIA TANKER.jpg

Stanfield:
Found on the net.0

Them dirty solvent tankers,dont miss them at all,but the milk tanks were a very good number!!.

Good Photo of Ernie you put on scan ont rd just had him on holiday with me afew months back in ireland hes still as sharp as ever cheers bibs

I know this hasn’t been commented on In a while but I was wondering if anyone remembers my Grandad Derek wattam? He used to drive about with a blue plate on the front of his wagon till he past away in 1995. I followed in his footsteps and gained my class 1 license though I can’t get any work seems they won’t touch me till I’m 25. I think the last Scania he had was F *** CEC and the one before was D ***LAT sorry cant remember the numbers but i was only 8 at the time when he passed. I would to hear any stories people have of him.

Thank you
Scotty boy.

Scottyboy87:
I know this hasn’t been commented on In a while but I was wondering if anyone remembers my Grandad Derek wattam? He used to drive about with a blue plate on the front of his wagon till he past away in 1995. I followed in his footsteps and gained my class 1 license though I can’t get any work seems they won’t touch me till I’m 25. I think the last Scania he had was F *** CEC and the one before was D ***LAT sorry cant remember the numbers but i was only 8 at the time when he passed. I would to hear any stories people have of him.

Thank you
Scotty boy.

Yeah i remember Derek.I started work there in 1988 and left in 2005.Had a few nights out with him over the years,that was when you could go out and risk getting plastered when you where away.lol.I ran D***LAT for a while but cannot remember the numbers,i think there is some photos of them on here.I was 22 when i started there and they put me through my class 1.I remember though it was kind of funny in those days about your age,(insurance)!!!.Any way good look with finding work.

BIBS:
Good Photo of Ernie you put on scan ont rd just had him on holiday with me afew months back in ireland hes still as sharp as ever cheers bibs

Hey Bibs,good to hear he is doing well,not heard much about any of them since i moved to Canada 7 years ago.You will know my old fella ■■■■ Haston.I spoke to Martyn Park about a year ago,as i needed i referance for a job,working in an opencast coal mine now,had my fill of trucking for a while.Any way all the best for 2012.

A load out of Workington!

Gone from a Scania to one of these!!

860e-1k.jpg

F986CEC.

BHK893X A195UTX D548LAT

scaniaontheroad:
Neil Bruce,the best fitter Kidds had in a long time!!

That was a shock,Neil lives 2 miles up the valley from from me,somewhere in the middle of nowhere Western Canada,great guy.

A195 UTX D548LAT

flat to the mat:

scaniaontheroad:

That was a shock,Neil lives 2 miles up the valley from from me,somewhere in the middle of nowhere Western Canada,great guy.

Yeah,Lumsden,i moved to Saskatoon a year after Neil,he was working in the steel works in Regina.Ive lost touch with him since i moved to Alberta!

Thank you for the reply Scaniaontheroad.

Thanks for the reply and thank you for the pictures I remember going to the yard when I was a teenager and asking if they still had my grandads scania the gentleman who I spoke to then said yeah but it was mainly used for shunting duties the day I was there it was out on the road. Don’t suppose anyone would know if it’s still going? I’m currently a bus driver at the minute I hate it! I really really really want to be a truck driver that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. Think next time I visit my mum in Lancaster I will pop in at Caton road and ask for an application form. Got my license digi tach and CPC all up too date just need to get behind the wheel of an artic and live my dream. Would love to hear any tales of my grandad.

Thanks again
Scotty boy

Scottyboy87:
Thank you for the reply Scaniaontheroad.

Thanks for the reply and thank you for the pictures I remember going to the yard when I was a teenager and asking if they still had my grandads scania the gentleman who I spoke to then said yeah but it was mainly used for shunting duties the day I was there it was out on the road. Don’t suppose anyone would know if it’s still going? I’m currently a bus driver at the minute I hate it! I really really really want to be a truck driver that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. Think next time I visit my mum in Lancaster I will pop in at Caton road and ask for an application form. Got my license digi tach and CPC all up too date just need to get behind the wheel of an artic and live my dream. Would love to hear any tales of my grandad.

Thanks again
Scotty boy

Most of the 112 and 113s got shipped abroad,so they may be still running around in some third world country!!.

The last truck i drove(next best thing to a scania,as there isnt any here)!!

scaniaontheroad:

flat to the mat:

scaniaontheroad:

Yeah,Lumsden,i moved to Saskatoon a year after Neil,he was working in the steel works in Regina.Ive lost touch with him since i moved to Alberta!

Yeah,Neil is still the shop manager there,well liked and respected by all.He’s now a grandad,and to add insult to injury had a hip replacement last September(he blames moto x rather than age).
He and Gill also have a seasonal restaurant/take out at the beach,where they make the best fish and chips to be had in Canada.If you’d like to pm me I’ll pass on regards etc.

what happened to Kidds of brid

turps:
what happened to Kidds of brid

No idea pal,different company altogether!!