E,Kidd Transport

Scaniaontheroad found out F986CEC tax ran out in 2004 so like you’ve said could be still on the road in another country or could of been weighed in lol. That’s last truck of yours looks awesome eh :smiley:

New generation!

New colours!!

1245057271_.jpg

Dont know what you think ScaniaontheRoad but I quite like the new livery,stands out quite well when you see it on the road.

Stanfield:
Dont know what you think ScaniaontheRoad but I quite like the new livery,stands out quite well when you see it on the road.

Funny enough,but i had a Kenworth here in the same colours,i think its better than the old colours!!!.

Not found any for a while.

rob%201000%205770.jpg

Transit still going,it was there when i worked there.

anitas%20pics%201040.jpg

now then tony how are you? how’s them bears?

bit of a surprise seeing us here!

s

sloo:

s

Aye go on give us a clue

scaniaontheroad:

sloo:

s

Aye go on give us a clue

si

sloo:

scaniaontheroad:

sloo:

s

Aye go on give us a clue

si

gotcha.haha.

Anyone got any photos from the early days!!

Not the early days but its a start.
ERNIE KIDDS Scania.jpg

Stanfield:
Not the early days but its a start.0

I have some but got to download them.They are from 1988 when i started to drive there,but left in 2005 when we moved to Canada!!

Do you remember a lad called Charlie Smith who worked for them

Ernie Kidds is one of the names on my “wish I had taken photos” list. I regularly passed their yard in Melling in the early 70s when the wagons were parked up on the road waiting to get in and fill up. They are rapidly losing my interest these days. First they went onto a pink and white livery and now they are putting naff KTL registrations on them.

scaniaontheroad:

Stanfield:

I have some but got to download them.They are from 1988 when i started to drive there,but left in 2005 when we moved to Canada!!

Dosen’t seem to be going far this thread,so here is a question I probably could have asked 25/30years ago,but didn’t.What was the basis of the drivers pay scheme at Ernies,how did it work? Was it the same or similar to that at Nelsons of Arnside and Bargh’s? Over the years when I had negotiations with our shop stewards and at times when these firms cropped up in the piece I used to ask them to give me sight of a P60 so I could compare it with some of ours.Funny,one was never produced,and when at times I would become exasperated and say the "gates there " go and work for one of them!!! Funny,none of our drivers ever did that either!!! Just curious thats all!! Bewick.

Hi,Heres a crappy pic from the mid-70s

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bewick:

scaniaontheroad:

Stanfield:

Dosen’t seem to be going far this thread,so here is a question I probably could have asked 25/30years ago,but didn’t.What was the basis of the drivers pay scheme at Ernies,how did it work? Was it the same or similar to that at Nelsons of Arnside and Bargh’s? Over the years when I had negotiations with our shop stewards and at times when these firms cropped up in the piece I used to ask them to give me sight of a P60 so I could compare it with some of ours.Funny,one was never produced,and when at times I would become exasperated and say the "gates there " go and work for one of them!!! Funny,none of our drivers ever did that either!!! Just curious thats all!! Bewick.

We were payed for 40 hours then 10% of the load,i think that was how it went.Not sure how they pay now been 7 years since i left.Think the pay was very much even all round the area.i got some photos to put on next time im on my days off.Hope your keeping well Dennis and all the best!!!

Loaded with a Volvo Bm,ex lishmans for Southampton Docks,America bound!!