Carlisle trucker jailed for tacho offences

Bet if he/she was an MP,would have not been sent to prison for two years.

Carlisle trucker jailed for tacho offences.

How about a link to the story so we all know what you’re talking about :wink:

tachograph:
How about a link to the story so we all know what you’re talking about

I googled but only found THIS which was from January 09 and does not seem to be the same as mentioned…

nothing on RTA or BBC :question: :confused: :confused: but going by one of toby1234ABC other posts he probably got “inside” information before its released to the media :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :confused:

toby1234abc:
Bet if he/she was an MP,would have not been sent to prison for two years.

At the end of the day, any driver who get’s banged up for TWO years for tacho offences has been doing some serious law breaking and/or they’re a repeat offender!
Two years is a long custodial sentence for something like this, so I’m sure everyone would like this news story actually cofirmed.

Unfortunately most MP’s who claimed these various ridiculous and scandalous expenses were within the law, due to this silly “system” we keep hearing about! :imp:

But it would appear there are a handful of MP’s at least, who did break the law. These low life individuals should be deselected from their positions as members of parliament and charged with fraud.
If there’s any justice at all, they will then be convicted and sent to prison! Let’s be honest - it’s unlikely they will ever go to prison! :imp:

Seen in “The Sun” newspaper,last Friday or Thursday in the text columns,where punters text in comments.

(quote=“toby1234abc”]Bet if he/she was an MP,would have not been sent to prison for two years.[/quote)

I,ve checked the New&Star, The Carlisle paper—Nothing in there. I,ve checked the Westmorland Gazette, the County paper— nothing in that either.

2 years!! People get less for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving FFS. :unamused: :unamused: Although it would,nt surprise me if he /she did get 2 years for being very naughty, and bending/ ignoring the rules in order to get the job done.Especially if he/she was not wearing a Hi-Viz jacket ,and a Hard Hat,at the time.

If it is true, then there will be worse to come.He/she will be treated like a leper on TNUK,for the heinous crime of “Running Bent” :imp: :evil :imp: which is a fate worse than death . :wink: :wink:

Owner driver down this way got fined over £900 and with costs totalled £1,841.00 the other week for being over on three tacho’s. First offence.

If this is actually true, I’m sure when he realised his ‘error’ he can repay the hours (perhaps by sitting in a layby for about four weeks) and it will all be forgotten. :wink:

Any MP will tell you that is all you have to do and then it is ALL forgotten… :unamused:

Dave the Renegade:
Owner driver down this way got fined over £900 and with costs totalled £1,841.00 the other week for being over on three tacho’s. First offence.

probably a bad brief, as there is always a defence under every infingement, unless you’re in france.
i was stopped with 6 tacho infringements. rangeing from 4hrs50mins without a break to 10hrs37mins daily driving.
i had plausable reasons for all infringements written down in my diary. Therefore no offence took place as i had kept a written record.

There are loopholes for mp’s and there are loopholes for us.

the ones for us are things like:

finding safe parking.
diverted due to an accident.
weather conditions.
woken in the night worried for own safety, so moved the truck.

there’s loads of them, just write it down. You have a duty to keep a written record.

peter mill:
Seen in “The Sun” newspaper,last Friday or Thursday in the text columns,where punters text in comments.

Must be true then. :wink:

Can he take a reduction on two years as he is away from home

Harry Monk:

peter mill:

Must be true then. :wink:

looked again and RTA and BBC have glossed over this - normally anything todo with a trucker is headline stuff :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

French love food,it is common in France to infringe driving to reach a restaurant,carefully sign your tacho to that effect,Gendarmes realise this,as who wants to stop in the middle of nowwhere,with no shower etc.Didnt Byran Yeardley have a problem with VOSA,as they dont know how dangerous it can be in Italy for parking with high value loads,and some drivers wrote on tacho,moved on to safer parking.

limeyphil:

Dave the Renegade:

probably a bad brief, as there is always a defence under every infingement, unless you’re in france.
i was stopped with 6 tacho infringements. rangeing from 4hrs50mins without a break to 10hrs37mins daily driving.
i had plausable reasons for all infringements written down in my diary. Therefore no offence took place as i had kept a written record.

There are loopholes for mp’s and there are loopholes for us.

the ones for us are things like:

finding safe parking.
diverted due to an accident.
weather conditions.
woken in the night worried for own safety, so moved the truck.

there’s loads of them, just write it down. You have a duty to keep a written record.

He didn’t have a brief, he was fined in a magistrates court, the case was brought by Vosa after a inspection of his tacho’s at his base. He was a new operator. I think it was harsh, usually see people get fined about £400 plus £300 costs, but this was much more.

ANDY1961:
But it would appear there are a handful of MP’s at least, who did break the law…[Snip]

…If there’s any justice at all, they will then be convicted and sent to prison! Let’s be honest - it’s unlikely they will ever go to prison! :imp:

Sorry to shoot you down in flames old boy:

Labour MP Terry Fields 1991 - Non-payment of Poll Tax, jailed for 60 days.
Ex-Conservative Cabinet member Jonathan Aitken 1999 - Perjury and Perverting the course of justice, jailed for 18 months - served 7.
Lord Archer (Con) 2001 - Perjury and Perverting the course of justice, jailed for four years - served 2.
Lord Watson (Lab) 2005 - Arson, jailed for 16 months, served 8.
Lord Ahmed (Lab) 2009 - Dangerous Driving, jailed for 12 weeks, freed on appeal after 2.

Watch this space. Claiming money for non existent mortgages is theft in my book.

This story is going to run and run. :slight_smile:

Dazza:

ANDY1961:
But it would appear there are a handful of MP’s at least, who did break the law…[Snip]

…If there’s any justice at all, they will then be convicted and sent to prison! Let’s be honest - it’s unlikely they will ever go to prison! :imp:

Sorry to shoot you down in flames old boy:

Labour MP Terry Fields 1991 - Non-payment of Poll Tax, jailed for 60 days.
Ex-Conservative Cabinet member Jonathan Aitken 1999 - Perjury and Perverting the course of justice, jailed for 18 months - served 7.
Lord Archer (Con) 2001 - Perjury and Perverting the course of justice, jailed for four years - served 2.
Lord Watson (Lab) 2005 - Arson, jailed for 16 months, served 8.
Lord Ahmed (Lab) 2009 - Dangerous Driving, jailed for 12 weeks, freed on appeal after 2.

Watch this space. Claiming money for non existent mortgages is theft in my book.

This story is going to run and run. :slight_smile:

Errmmm…you’re missing my point “old boy”.

I didn’t say MP’s had never gone to prison in the past for various crimes. I said it was unlikely that the MP’s in question that actually broke the law regarding the recent expenses row, would end up going to prison.

Read the post properly.

Got a crystal ball, have you?

People were saying the same about Archer, Aitken & co. That they would never be sent to prison as they were part of the establishment. People were wrong back then and they were made examples of. :blush:

I can see this happening again as the public want heads to roll.

Your quote that it was

unlikely that the MP’s in question that actually broke the law regarding the recent expenses row, would end up going to prison.

is a bit presumptuous seeing as the police are involved.

P.S. Nice bit of back-peddling there old boy. I did read your post. You probably forgot what you’d written when you had a go at me. :unamused:

sounds about right,driving must be the only job you can go to jail, for getting off your arse, and wanting to do some work!!! :imp: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tachograph:
How about a link to the story so we all know what you’re talking about :wink:

We never got one, did we?
:laughing: