Truck Driver Escapes Ban

Three points for doing 36 in a 30 and three points for THIS

Something doesn’t add up. :confused: :confused:

Indeed.

Instead he was given three penalty points on his license, fined £170 and ordered to pay £45 costs.

WTF. Pathetic. Life ban more appropriate imho. No excuses.

I would hope the judge has referred the case to the local TC.

He’s a very lucky boy and it seems a VERY strange outcome.

A second charge of driving without due care and attention was withdrawn.

Unbelieveable !! - especially as there is currently a high profile campaign for this type of incident.

This sends out the wrong message to others - a professional truck driver only gets 3 points so if I get caught doing it in my car then I will not have much to worry about…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i hope he gets hauled in for tea and biscuits with the TC :exclamation: according to the story there was no medical reason for the accident, driver passed out etc etc, that could of very nearly ended in tragedy, i mean imagine if that had been a fully laden fuel tanker and the train ploughed into it at 70 mph, dont bare thinking about.

i know its not the fuel that explodes but the vapour but sure there would of been more than enough sparks created upon impact!!!

out of interest what is the ‘blast radious’ for a fuel tanker going up? :open_mouth:

why only 3 points though? either somethings being missed out in the story or this worlds gone made, surely they had the power to give him more or a short term ban??

Coffeeholic:
Three points for doing 36 in a 30 and three points for THIS

Something doesn’t add up. :confused: :confused:

Unfortunately this is one of the many things in British law that dont add -up You know what I mean, life for armed robbery, 5 years for ■■■■ etc. This plonker should have had his hgv entitlement withdrawn at the very least, imagine if it was a boy racer getting caught doing this would he have got just three points, dont think so, makes you wonder if the magistrate and the driver were shall we say friends or the like.

I always wanted to post this.

TRUMPET :laughing:

Could be that this LGV driver was lacking in his TRAINing :exclamation: :wink:

I know… TAXI !!

■■■■■■■ tanker drivers :unamused:

C-Kay:
[zb] tanker drivers :unamused:

tanker drivers…lowest of the low of hgv drivers dont know how they all have the cheek to call themselves “professional” drivers. :imp: :imp:

compared between the two, tanker drivers make tipper drivers look like knights of the road :exclamation: :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This countrys insane.
This guy got a 3 year ban for driving a toy Barbie jeep while drunk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … river.html

It could be said that if its a --it job then you employ --it drivers. Where I live in Exeter 2, 44 ton J Bale Group Sewage tankers park at night one behind the other without lights in a 7.5 ton weight limit 30 metres from other people’s private homes. Some drivers just don’t help themselves . I would ban all young lgv drivers under the age of 50, its only after 50 that they seem to get some common sense.

Cruise Control:

C-Kay:
[zb] tanker drivers :unamused:

tanker drivers…lowest of the low of hgv drivers dont know how they all have the cheek to call themselves “professional” drivers. :imp: :imp:

compared between the two, tanker drivers make tipper drivers look like knights of the road :exclamation: :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree, tossers :angry:

Maybe he never seen the lights due to sunlight or some other factor played a part?

Download the report, interesting read for drivers of any vehicle.

Just because that idiot was driving a tanker you feel fit to rub all those drivers
who do their job correctly with effluent,oh you pure and innocent persons ,
where the hell are you living not in a glass house surely or the stones you are
throwing would have broken it, please think before posting or is that too
hard, there are quite a few tanker drivers on here and we do not all
drive like the idiot mentioned ,who must have had a lucky day when he went to court.
@depablo when going over a rail crossing ,you are all ways alert as mistakes can happen
sorry if unsure the answer is be even more careful

ROG:

A second charge of driving without due care and attention was withdrawn.

Unbelieveable !! - especially as there is currently a high profile campaign for this type of incident.

This sends out the wrong message to others - a professional truck driver only gets 3 points so if I get caught doing it in my car then I will not have much to worry about…

It’s the same offence wether you’re driving a truck or a car.It was a case of failure to comply with a traffic signal the gates were’nt down and he did’nt actally crash through them as the news report tried to imply.At the end of the report it actually shows a previous precedent of another driver being given the same penalty for failing to stop on red at the same crossing which is probably why this case could’nt be treated any different.It raises the question on level crossings of why use a traffic signal without the green amber red sequence which we get on the road but with much longer times between each one and with the gates on gated crossings being closed much faster and simultaneously with the red light being shown the offence of crossing on red could then reasonably be one of dangerous driving in the same way as crashing through the barriers would/should? be.But as it stands there’s a grey area with rail crossing lights going straight to red with relatively little time between the light and the train arrival when a vehicle may be too close to stop in time and that’s even more dangerous in the case of long slow vehicles.

brit pete:
Just because that idiot was driving a tanker you feel fit to rub all those drivers
drive like the idiot mentioned ,who must have had a lucky day when he went to court.
@depablo when going over a rail crossing ,you are all ways alert as mistakes can happen

Hi brit pete

i do hope your not refering to my TIC post about tanker drivers in reply to and aimed at C-Kay, i said that because he is a tanker driver :exclamation: purely TIC - nothing sinsiter…oh exuse me, must dash my glass house needs cleaning the windows are a bit smeared :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

cheers

CC
:smiley:

depablo:
Maybe he never seen the lights due to sunlight or some other factor played a part?

Download the report, interesting read for drivers of any vehicle.
Report 26/2009: Fatal accident at Wraysholme crossing - GOV.UK

is that the report of the accident in question :question: as the accident happended near foxton… :neutral_face:

Cruise Control:

brit pete:

Hi brit pete

i do hope your not refering to my TIC post about tanker/tipper drivers :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

cheers

CC
:smiley:

Nor mine about them being tossers… :stuck_out_tongue: