Truck Driver Escapes Ban

Cruise Control:

depablo:
Maybe he never seen the lights due to sunlight or some other factor played a part?

Download the report, interesting read for drivers of any vehicle.
Report 26/2009: Fatal accident at Wraysholme crossing - GOV.UK

is that the report of the accident in question :question: as the accident happended near foxton… :neutral_face:

No
But the circumstances could be similar…

Carryfast:

ROG:

A second charge of driving without due care and attention was withdrawn.

Unbelieveable !! - especially as there is currently a high profile campaign for this type of incident.

This sends out the wrong message to others - a professional truck driver only gets 3 points so if I get caught doing it in my car then I will not have much to worry about…

.But as it stands there’s a grey area with rail crossing lights going straight to red with relatively little time between the light and the train arrival when a vehicle may be too close to stop in time and that’s even more dangerous in the case of long slow vehicles.

might of read your post wrong carryfast and if so i aplogise but dont level crossings have an amber light first, to alert people to stop if its safe to do so, and the orange light is on for a good few seconds before the red lights then the bariers go down, but the barriers go down in such a way that the exits are always the last to be blocked by the barriers so people dont get stuck on them if they are already on the tracks/passed the PONR when the red lights come on.

C-Kay:

Cruise Control:

brit pete:
Just because that idiot was driving a tanker you feel fit to rub all those drivers
who do their job correctly with effluent,oh you pure and innocent persons ,
where the hell are you living not in a glass house surely or the stones you are
throwing would have broken it, please think before posting or is that too
hard, there are quite a few tanker drivers on here and we do not all
drive like the idiot mentioned ,who must have had a lucky day when he went to court.
@depablo when going over a rail crossing ,you are all ways alert as mistakes can happen
sorry if unsure the answer is be even more careful

Hi brit pete

i do hope your not refering to my TIC post about tanker/tipper drivers :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

cheers

CC
:smiley:

Nor mine about them being tossers… :stuck_out_tongue:

IF you believe that cap fits then yes, :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

in depablos report there were several circumstances that could have caused this event, speeding and the need to exercise the dogs and get back to work for 1pm, that and the fact he still had alcohol in his blood although he had already been at work for 3.5 to 4 hours. The bulbs were dimmer than normal but two other people saw them flash, they even heard the siren activate. this mixed with the fact this bloke didn’t have a driving licence either.

They will eventually be a RAIB report on the above incident later in the year.
Wonder if the tanker driver will be cleared or hungout to dry?

Coffeeholic:
Three points for doing 36 in a 30 and three points for THIS

Something doesn’t add up. :confused: :confused:

you get a bigger fine for forgetting your digi tacho!

Found this, I thought he had stopped on the crossing. Don’t think they will be a report, done and dusted…
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7610172/CCTV-captures-moment-tanker-smashes-through-level-crossing-barriers.html

Cruise Control:
i mean imagine if that had been a fully laden fuel tanker and the train ploughed into it at 70 mph, dont bare thinking about.

but it wasn’t a fuel tanker it was a sewage tanker , why bring something completely different into the discussion ?

miketdt:
It could be said that if its a --it job then you employ --it drivers. Where I live in Exeter 2, 44 ton J Bale Group Sewage tankers park at night one behind the other without lights in a 7.5 ton weight limit 30 metres from other people’s private homes. Some drivers just don’t help themselves . I would ban all young lgv drivers under the age of 50, its only after 50 that they seem to get some common sense.

lol how comes its always the pensioners struggling to back on the bay lol

This thread is going downhill quicker than a Spainard on friday :laughing:

Cruise Control:

Carryfast:

ROG:

A second charge of driving without due care and attention was withdrawn.

Unbelieveable !! - especially as there is currently a high profile campaign for this type of incident.

This sends out the wrong message to others - a professional truck driver only gets 3 points so if I get caught doing it in my car then I will not have much to worry about…

.But as it stands there’s a grey area with rail crossing lights going straight to red with relatively little time between the light and the train arrival when a vehicle may be too close to stop in time and that’s even more dangerous in the case of long slow vehicles.

might of read your post wrong carryfast and if so i aplogise but dont level crossings have an amber light first, to alert people to stop if its safe to do so, and the orange light is on for a good few seconds before the red lights then the bariers go down, but the barriers go down in such a way that the exits are always the last to be blocked by the barriers so people dont get stuck on them if they are already on the tracks/passed the PONR when the red lights come on.

I was trying to make the point in the context of the green,amber,red sequence which we get at road junctions.Assuming that they allow a very large time interval between the amber to red change at level crossings then there should’nt be any argument about a charge of dangerous driving for crossing a level crossing on a red light ? and lowering the barriers instantaneously on the entry side would still be in order but as far as I know there are no barriers on the exit side of level crossings which is why we also hear of cases of nutters weaving around them?.But looking at the actual film a few posts down I’d say that it probably should have been a case of dangerous driving in this case ?.

Wheel Nut:
in depablos report there were several circumstances that could have caused this event, speeding and the need to exercise the dogs and get back to work for 1pm, that and the fact he still had alcohol in his blood although he had already been at work for 3.5 to 4 hours. The bulbs were dimmer than normal but two other people saw them flash, they even heard the siren activate. this mixed with the fact this bloke didn’t have a driving licence either.

A charge of dagerous driving,possible drunk driving,unauthorised use of a vehicle,and/or just putting an object on the railway line likely to cause loss of life in view of the fact that he was’nt actually qualified to be driving a vehicle in which case it ceases to become a motor vehicle being conducted on the highway?.The law is a joke.But how did he get 3 points on a licence which he does’nt have :open_mouth: :question:

depablo:
Found this, I thought he had stopped on the crossing. Don’t think they will be a report, done and dusted…
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7610172/CCTV-captures-moment-tanker-smashes-through-level-crossing-barriers.html

The case for the prosecution for a more serious charge/s than failing to comply with a traffic signal seems a bit stronger in view of that and the possibility,if proven,that he did’nt have a driving licence ?.

44-tonne sewage tanker

McDonald

Perhaps delivering the new special Big Mac sauce to a McDonalds near you?

Cruise Control:

C-Kay:
[zb] tanker drivers :unamused:

compared between the two, tanker drivers make tipper drivers look like knights of the road :exclamation: :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

w@@@@k in a tanker is what they say,i think.

dowahdiddyman:
makes you wonder if the magistrate and the driver were shall we say friends or the like.

What ‘card’ is more usefull than the AA’s…

pete904ni:

dowahdiddyman:
makes you wonder if the magistrate and the driver were shall we say friends or the like.

What ‘card’ is more usefull than the AA’s…

If he’s a Brother then that would go some way in explaining the light penalty :sunglasses:

Steve-o:
If he’s a Brother then that would go some way in explaining the light penalty :sunglasses:

I didn’t say that now before anyone takes offence :blush: :laughing:

bubsy06:
This countrys insane.
This guy got a 3 year ban for driving a toy Barbie jeep while drunk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … river.html

We used to have a group of old boys on there mobility scooters racing up our street off there heads on a nightly basis.