Let that be a lesson to you!

Nice xmas for them boys.

They look like nice fellas… especially him on the left.

image.jpg
Limeyphil, their defence lawyer, will be along shortly. :unamused:

Wow. Lots of ‘disqualified from driving’ there. Look like there’ll be a few driver vacancies coming up :laughing:

The article doesn’t say what the tachograph offences were.

I’m not trying defend the drivers concerned, but is being banned from driving an appropriate penalty for tachograph offences ?

It always makes me smile when i see those words that say, They put other road users at risk due to fatigue yet our own ministry allow us to work and drive excessive hours, so most are already an accident waiting to happen. So who is going to prison, when a driver says in his defense Sorry your honour, but i had been awake for 18 hours, and was so tired, due to the legislation that allows this, and i just struggled to keep my eyes open, when i ploughed into the line of stationary vehicles on the motorway, i too have children, but i honestly didnt mean to kill anyone.

truckyboy:
It always makes me smile when i see those words that say, They put other road users at risk due to fatigue yet our own ministry allow us to work and drive excessive hours, so most are already an accident waiting to happen. So who is going to prison, when a driver says in his defense Sorry your honour, but i had been awake for 18 hours, and was so tired, due to the legislation that allows this, and i just struggled to keep my eyes open, when i ploughed into the line of stationary vehicles on the motorway, i too have children, but i honestly didnt mean to kill anyone.

+1
totally agree, gets my goat when you see a matrix sign “dont drive when tired” but we can do a 15 stint 9 hours rest 15 stint then 9 hours rest then a 13 stint. if you aint tired after that lot you gotta be on drugs. :unamused:

I appreciate where your coming form lads. However, isn’t it the drivers responsibility to asses if he \ she are to tired to drive?

I think it’s different when the driver is FORCED to driver (as stated) when ordered by TM or boss. That’s when the driver should have a 100% input and tell them to get stuffed.

macci:
I appreciate where your coming form lads. However, isn’t it the drivers responsibility to asses if he \ she are to tired to drive?

I think it’s different when the driver is FORCED to driver (as stated) when ordered by TM or boss. That’s when the driver should have a 100% input and tell them to get stuffed.

the E.U. says its ok for us to drive/work so many hours so it must be correct.
they say it’s ok so the firm says it’s ok but if you have an accident due to tiredness then it’s the drivers fault. :unamused:
if a driver “tells them to get stuffed” that’s yet another vacancy in the drivers market or are we all on a different planet than you. :wink:

The only lesson to be learned is…if you are going to fiddle time, do it right…if you get caught ensure you employ a top lawyer…failing that, join the Freemasons.

Armagedon:
The only lesson to be learned is…if you are going to fiddle time, do it right…if you get caught ensure you employ a top lawyer…failing that, join the Freemasons.

Or the house of Lords! :smiley:

gezt:
if a driver “tells them to get stuffed” that’s yet another vacancy in the drivers market or are we all on a different planet than you. :wink:

Really, another vacancy? Never had an issue by advising I’m not taking a reduced daily rest - although in fairness it has rarely happens. I’m self employed and the two comapnies I work for trust my judgement - so I guess I am on a different planet than most!

Iv never had an issue with my choice of spreads or working patterns. My managers trust me as such and therefore Im left to it. I have always been told that if tired, pull over for a break, as the time used for such, is cheaper by far than a crashed truck.

gezt:
the E.U. says its ok for us to drive/work so many hours so it must be correct.
they say it’s ok so the firm says it’s ok but if you have an accident due to tiredness then it’s the drivers fault. :unamused:

Just like any limit set by the EU (or indeed any other rule-making body) it is just that - a limit. It’s not a target. And just like any other limit, sometimes it’s safe to make full use of them, and sometimes it is not - it is down to the driver to decide.

Surprised those convicted didn’t just advise Vosa, that lessons would be learned, seems to work for our Police/NHS/MOD/Politicians indeed any Civil servant no matter what ■■■■- ups they make.

Contraflow:
They look like nice fellas… especially him on the left.

Limeyphil, their defence lawyer, will be along shortly. :unamused:

All they did is work a bit more than the law allowed. Did they really put anyones lives at risk? No one died.
Doctors put peoples lives at risk by regularly working very long hours, A full shift at one hospital and another shift at another hospital, They are classed as hard working professionals, Not criminals.

Those of us that work under Doestic regs can legally drive for 70 hours per week without a weekly rest. That must be safe because the law allows it. :unamused:

limeyphil:
Those of us that work under Doestic regs can legally drive for 70 hours per week without a weekly rest. That must be safe because the law allows it. :unamused:

I assume that you are being ironic rather than serious Phil.

So illegal gains in drug dealing are seized but has Mr Ross had his gains snatched ? … or the drivers.
350000kms missing :open_mouth:
Maybe the more prolific offenders should lose their hgv licence untill they pass a rules and regulation test…
Should Mr Ross and managers be allowed to run or play any part in a haulage company again …

Just askin .
Remember a driver can always say no.
It ain’t cleaver to break the rules
It Iishow ever SMART to manipulate them LEGALLY…

robroy:

limeyphil:

I assume that you are being ironic rather than serious Phil.

Remember you can only work a max 11 hour day though