Car Insurance??

Can anyone recommend a car insurer that doesn’t put you in the catagory of COURIER (HIGH RISK :imp: ) :open_mouth: !!■■

But knows the system and can say that we ARE professional / more experienced drivers, because we spend
our lives on the road??

Our insurance is due soon, and I don’t want to be screwed over for the umpteenth year! :frowning:

it makes no difference what group you, your location or vehicle they put you in, all that matters is the price they want for the cover you want. use a couple of comparison sites and check with directline online as they don’t use comparison sites.

when i’ve done my bike ins that way i’ve had phone calls over a day or 2 trying to better the internet quotes

stevie

Shop around and get Yellow Pages and go direct to insurers. The comparison sites are brokers and take a commission which comes from your premium. Last month my car renewal arrived at £141, up from £106 last year. Got same cover for £109, if you change insurers often you can get better intro. deals, but when auto renewal comes up always check again.

waddy640:
Shop around and get Yellow Pages and go direct to insurers. The comparison sites are brokers and take a commission which comes from your premium. Last month my car renewal arrived at £141, up from £106 last year. Got same cover for £109, if you change insurers often you can get better intro. deals, but when auto renewal comes up always check again.

How you got it THAT low?? :open_mouth:

I’ve got 9 YEARS NCD, and can’t get below £300! :imp:

I’m 36 years old, and drive a 2000 w reg Honda Accord :open_mouth:

I’ve always done the ‘screen scrapers’ and then the independants, with no luck! Been told this year though no matter what, insurance
overall is going UP!!

I’m now thinking of changing to a diddy Skoda Fabia to try and save if this keeps going… :confused:

Try hastings, they were the cheapest i could find. Insurance has gone up due to a few things like uninsured drivers, crash for cash scams and people who claim for whiplash even tho they are fine, my insurance this year was £80 more even tho i had an extra years no claims and an extra year with a licence.

Car insurance is up 30% this year, this has been covered widely in recent weeks.

Goldfinger:

waddy640:

I’ve always done the ‘screen scrapers’ and then the independants, with no luck! Been told this year though no matter what, insurance
overall is going UP!!

I’m now thinking of changing to a diddy Skoda Fabia to try and save if this keeps going… :confused:

This is for a Skoda Felicia. Churchill wanted £184 for the Skoda and £176 for an 05 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi so there is no logic in their prices, it’s a case of think of a number.

Harry Monk:
Car insurance is up 30% this year, this has been covered widely in recent weeks.

Only if you have to pay it.

Goldfinger:

waddy640:

overall is going UP!!

Try the AA, I got free roadside included.

don’t even get me started on bloody car insurance, i’m a 20 yr old male held car linence over a year, 2 claims, no ncb.
the car, 1996 honda civic 5dr hatch and it is an automatic. paid 700 for it
it is costing me £2000 a year, yes 2K to insure it, no wonder young people don’t have insureance they can’t afford it

philgor:
don’t even get me started on bloody car insurance, i’m a 20 yr old male held car linence over a year, 2 claims, no ncb.
it is costing me £2000 a year, yes 2K to insure it, no wonder young people don’t have insureance they can’t afford it

You should consider yourself ■■■■■■ lucky to be ALLOWED to be on the road at that price! If I had my way you would be off now until 25 having had two claims in a year already. You young ■■■■■ are the main cause of accidents!
You’re getting it cheap son, my lad, same age as you but no claims has been quoted £3-9k!

44 Tonne Ton:

philgor:

You should consider yourself [zb] lucky to be ALLOWED to be on the road at that price! If I had my way you would be off now until 25 having had two claims in a year already. You young [zb] are the main cause of accidents!
You’re getting it cheap son, my lad, same age as you but no claims has been quoted £3-9k!

just so you know, i’m a mechanic (high risk), and have also taken a pass plus course, a skidpan experance (done by the lincolnshire police), and a driver improvement course (the only faults the instructer picked up on were, not leaving a big enough gap in heavy town traffic, and not using the interiour mirror enough over the door mirrors)

the two claims,
1st happened december 22 2009, good 2/3 inches of show on the ground, crap driving conditions, below freezing etc, taking a r/h turn on to another road, i was involved in a colission with a pedel cycle.
2nd
july 2010, left work speed was 40mph on a national speed limit road, about to enter a r/h bend a bird hit the windscreen and shattered it, couln’d see a thing, tried to make it around the bend back end caught the dirt on the bend, chucked the back end out, tried to correct it, went the other way, and pushed me in to the verge causing the car to roll 4 times, 1 of them was end over end. i some how walked away from it.

philgor:

44 Tonne Ton:

philgor:

You should consider yourself [zb] lucky to be ALLOWED to be on the road at that price! If I had my way you would be off now until 25 having had two claims in a year already. You young [zb] are the main cause of accidents!

just so you know, i’m a mechanic (high risk), and have also taken a pass plus course, a skidpan experance (done by the lincolnshire police), and a driver improvement course (the only faults the instructer picked up on were, not leaving a big enough gap in heavy town traffic, and not using the interiour mirror enough over the door mirrors)

the two claims,
1st happened december 22 2009, good 2/3 inches of show on the ground, crap driving conditions, below freezing etc, taking a r/h turn on to another road, i was involved in a colission with a pedel cycle.
2nd
july 2010, left work speed was 40mph on a national speed limit road, about to enter a r/h bend a bird hit the windscreen and shattered it, couln’d see a thing, tried to make it around the bend back end caught the dirt on the bend, chucked the back end out, tried to correct it, went the other way, and pushed me in to the verge causing the car to roll 4 times, 1 of them was end over end. i some how walked away from it.

1st accident you didn’t appear to allow for the conditions

2nd accident is strange. I had an owl hit the windscreen of the truck on the M3 pre-limiter days so I’d have been doing more than 40 and it broke the screen right in front of my eyes but held, which is the general idea of a laminated screen. I didn’t lose control. You’re not filling me with confidence!

I don’t know why but I’m reminded of a mate of mine who ran into the back of a parked car on his SS50 and claimed he’d swerved to miss a little black dog that nobody else saw… :wink:

i’m sorry to include these other things as it was 1am in the morning, 1st one, i was in first gear top speed about 10/15 (i allowed it to go to) in the mk3 astra i had (no rev counter to keep check on the engine so did it by instinct).

2nd one, from what i was told i had cleared the bend but the back end hit the dust and dirt, and pushed the back end out.

road no b1183 (the bend can be done at 60mph) Google Maps 1km north of marker, i was going s/bound, the

Have you tried this one always work for me 0

44 Tonne Ton:
2nd accident is strange. I had an owl hit the windscreen of the truck on the M3 pre-limiter days so I’d have been doing more than 40 and it broke the screen right in front of my eyes but held, which is the general idea of a laminated screen. I didn’t lose control. You’re not filling me with confidence!

He forgot to mention that the bird was an Ostrich :laughing:

redboxer850:

44 Tonne Ton:

He forgot to mention that the bird was an Ostrich :laughing:

:laughing:

philgor:
i’m sorry to include these other things as it was 1am in the morning, 1st one, i was in first gear top speed about 10/15 (i allowed it to go to) in the mk3 astra i had (no rev counter to keep check on the engine so did it by instinct).

2nd one, from what i was told i had cleared the bend but the back end hit the dust and dirt, and pushed the back end out.

road no b1183 (the bend can be done at 60mph) Google Maps 1km north of marker, i was going s/bound, the

For future reference! In your first accident you were in the wrong gear for the conditions. You should be in a higher gear which will keep the revs down and reduce the chances of the car skidding. That’s why you youngsters ( I was one myself once!) pay much more for insurance! :grimacing:

There are some legal dodges:

Put your dear old mum on as an extra driver (not the main) - that can reduce the premium.

Think about the mileage - don’t insure for more miles than you do.

Check out fully comp as well as 3rd party - for some weird reason full comp can sometimes be cheaper.

Try varying the excess - you need to be wary of this because the result is not always what you would expect.

To get really cheap insurance buy a “cherished” car like an old MG or an early Jag. They get special rates.

I went with the AA this year about 35% cheaper than Zurich, and it’s true some are cheaper fully comp, than 3rd party, got roadside cover too.