Car Insurance

Anyone else had their renewal quotes with ridiculous increases on them yet?
Mine came through today with about a 40% increase… wtf. With Hastings.
Anyone switched to save this year?

Been with Direct Line a few years now, increases so far have been so small as to be barely noticeable.
Renewals were all at the beginning of the year, things might have changed in the meantime.

DL don’t feature on the comparison sites, they have their own website…i don’t know what they will be like in the event of claim and hope not to find out.

My old lady works at different schools and had to alter the insurance to business use, as if they asked her to take something from one premises to their other site, and was rewarded, under the previous policy there would have been no cover.

Many food delivery drivers were caught not using business insurance and when stopped by the RPU made out the 12 pizzas on the back seat were for private consumption.

Mine went from about £195 to about £230 I think.

^^ lol I wish

I just found the email, last year was £184.60, this year £223.03, that’s fully comp with protected NCB. So just over 20% more this year.

If you stay with the same company then expect them to take the mick. I don’t understand what (if anything) they think when sendng out renewals, there’s no logic. They seem to punish loyalty, so don’t give them any.

Insurance on the Honda Express is even cheaper.

Mot exempt, ULEZ exempt, free road tax, 100mpg and a penny a year to insure. What’s not to like? :wink:

You definitely win the internet with that quote Harry. Epic.

Harry Monk:

Mot exempt, ULEZ exempt, free road tax, 100mpg and a penny a year to insure. What’s not to like? :wink:

Are you happy with your renewal invite then? :laughing:

md1987:

Harry Monk:

Are you happy with your renewal invite then? :laughing:

Always shop around each year!

Zac_A:
If you stay with the same company then expect them to take the mick. I don’t understand what (if anything) they think when sendng out renewals, there’s no logic. They seem to punish loyalty, so don’t give them any.

None given. Got a 40% reduction in premium with a shop around :slight_smile:
Sent Hastings the good news.

It’s cheaper to get insurance 21 days before the policy date expires for a renewal, it’s gone up 16% due the higher cost of raw materials to repair cars , so maybe the paint has gone up too.