Car insurance

Im getting quotes at the min for a 1.6 vitara which i paid £700 for 3 weeks ago! Just been ■■■■■■■ myself at avivas reasonable:0 price of £8579 or £823 a month fully comp!!!

Where do they get these numbers from? i let my no claims lapse as iv been a named driver for 3 years on the wifes policy, no points, no claims but [zb] hell im 28 not a 17 yr old boy racer in corsa.
Any body know any decent companies to quote me, just tried adelaide who guarantee to beat my best quote (£945). Cheers

try a comparison website like comparethemarket.com

Tried them all, tesco best so far but still way over 900 im a wagon driver not a lottery winner!

Try Adelaide Insurance. They recognise HGV qualification and give good rates.

Try net pig .co.uk

dar1976:
Try Adelaide Insurance. They recognise HGV qualification and give good rates.

Yes this. ^

Try Adelaide just got my insurance last night for my Mondeo for £200!

Find the best off a screen scraper and ring them up and explain you’ve been a named driver. Or ring your wifes insurer and see if they’ll give you a matching bonus. Chances are they’ll match it, but you will have to call rather than talk to a computer.

Adelaide definitely, car £240 and bike £170 for me :slight_smile:

All Adelaide do is ask you your renewal then knock of 20 quid , problem was in my case I had already knocked 50 quid off … so lesson is don’t ■■■■■■■■ ya quote to them

Adelaide gave me 945 and they calling me back tomorrow, still a lot more than the cars worth. I only bought it to go work and playing off road. Il try wifes insurance tomorrow and see what they can offer, cheers lads

Lots of companies will give you an introductory one years NCB if you phone them and ask, that’s 35% normally. Just spend a couple of hours making phone calls.

There is something wrong with the whole insurance system when the premium is higher than the value of the vehicle.

I take it you live in an above average risk area

Whirlwind:
All Adelaide do is ask you your renewal then knock of 20 quid , problem was in my case I had already knocked 50 quid off … so lesson is don’t [zb] ya quote to them

They went in and checked what I had said on a comparison site was accurate then gave me a price. But I still feel the policy benefits are greater.

dar1976:
There is something wrong with the whole insurance system when the premium is higher than the value of the vehicle.

You wouldn’t say that if some kid in a £200 Vectra with no insurance wrote your new Bentley GTCV8 off, & that’s why insurance can be 10 or more times the price of the car, a 1 ton scrap heap of a car can do a lot of very expensive damage which simply isn’t limited to the value of said ‘scrapper’.

Ross.

bigr250:

dar1976:

You wouldn’t say that if some kid in a £200 Vectra with no insurance wrote your new Bentley GTCV8 off, & that’s why insurance can be 10 or more times the price of the car, a 1 ton scrap heap of a car can do a lot of very expensive damage which simply isn’t limited to the value of said ‘scrapper’.

Ross.

exactly, the value of the car is a tiny % of what they are insuring you for

Who do you work for then dar?

I fancy a job there if you can afford a new Bentley :laughing:

bigr250:

dar1976:

Ross.

That plus the “injury” claims, property damage, recovery costs, hire vehicles etc etc

We had an 800 quid car written off, parked outside our house on a Saturday. Coppers came, all good. By Monday lunch the other parties insurance had conceded 100% liability and we had a nice new hire car :smiley:
It took 9 weeks for it all to be sorted, my cheque and the car picked up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

9 weeks of hire car over an 800 quid ■■■■ easy, 100% admitted, no injury claim :unamused: That’s most of the reason it’s so expensive. To much [zb]ing about and too many layers of people involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Live in Burnley which is classed high risk, limited mileage upto 3000 and locked overnight in the garage. I was paying 900 at 20 with a ■■■■■■ 18si with bodykit ss exhaust chipped 17’s and 2k stereo (miss them days). Only a few year ago i had a focus st and that was 1200. No wonder people dont bother and risk 8 points and £200 fine its a lot cheaper

8wheels:
Who do you work for then dar?

I fancy a job there if you can afford a new Bentley :laughing:

Think you need to check back as I never mentioned the Bentley