Can you help kitkat

thought you might be the best person to ask seeing as you know the m8 corridor so well.
not knowing glasgow toowell but enough to get by im wondering on the best route to cambuslang coming back from greenock .

i did it yesterday but i carried on following signs for edinburgh and carlisle then took the m73 at coatbridge junction but surley there is a quicker way . i didnt want to risk trying as i had a high trailer and glasgow is renound for loads of low bridges

cheers
milkman

I think you probably went the best way especially as you had a high trailer.
Thats the way I would have went.

The other option is to go leave the M8 at the East Kilbride exit, head for Rutherglen and onto Cambuslang but there are a few low bridges around there, you can get under them at 13’9" but not sure if you can with a high trailer.
The time taken going through the City you would probably be just as quick on the motorway.

Hope it helps.

the only bridges in the area of Cambuslang area I know of would be Burnside at 14’6.

From Greenock to Cambuslang I would probably take M8, M73, M74, Hamilton Expressway into E.K and in to Cambuslang from the back roads. Since you need to get onto the M8 to reach Glasgow, Its kind of daft to come off at the City Centre and head through the Gorbals to Rutherglen.

I used to run from E.K to Knightswood every night, I could do it in 44 minutes via the M74/73/8 or 43 minutes going via Cathkin & Burnside & Rutherglen & City Centre. The motorway was just easier

danielwilkie:
From Greenock to Cambuslang I would probably take M8, M73, M74, Hamilton Expressway into E.K and in to Cambuslang from the back roads. Since you need to get onto the M8 to reach Glasgow, Its kind of daft to come off at the City Centre and head through the Gorbals to Rutherglen.

As I said I wouldn’t go through the city I would stay on the motorway.
I don’t understand why you would stay on the M74 and then East Kilbride Express Way into East Kilbride and back roads to Cambuslang when you where five minutes from Cambuslang at the end of the M73.

Bren:

danielwilkie:

As I said I wouldn’t go through the city I would stay on the motorway.
I don’t understand why you would stay on the M74 and then East Kilbride Express Way into East Kilbride and back roads to Cambuslang when you where five minutes from Cambuslang at the end of the M73.

Very good point… I forgot about that Exit, I never use the M73 the full lenth - thats why!

milkman:
thought you might be the best person to ask seeing as you know the m8 corridor so well.
not knowing glasgow toowell but enough to get by im wondering on the best route to cambuslang coming back from greenock .

i did it yesterday but i carried on following signs for edinburgh and carlisle then took the m73 at coatbridge junction but surley there is a quicker way . i didnt want to risk trying as i had a high trailer and glasgow is renound for loads of low bridges

cheers
milkman

Sorry mm i have been offline for a couple of day’s.You went the safest way m8.Glasgow is not the place to get caught out with a high trailer.The council don’t think of us when these bridges are being built by putting in a turning circle.So M8/M73/M74 is/was your best bet.Once again sorry i was not around to offer help.

cheers for the info guys.
i just used my gut instinct and obviously it was correct.
i am sure i will get to know my was around glasgow one of these days. its the only place that still makes e sweat a bit if i dont know where i am going

milkman:
cheers for the info guys.
i just used my gut instinct and obviously it was correct.
i am sure i will get to know my was around glasgow one of these days. its the only place that still makes e sweat a bit if i dont know where i am going

I feel the same way about Edinburgh. Avoid it like the plague :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Topic: can you help kitkat

Milkman, what sort of help do you think he requires? :confused:

If you get stuck, I could suggest a few things for you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

I feel the same way about Edinburgh. Avoid it like the plague

Edinburgh is 10 time’s easier than Glasgow,if you need help give me a shout m8. :wink: I know Edinburgh very well. :wink: