HELP NEEDED

OK guys and gals i have my first run tomorrow can anyone tell me the quickest way to st helens from newcastle upon tyne and how long should it take me thanks.Brooksy :slight_smile:

lear jet.

Being serious for a moment I would travel M62 to the A1 and straight up.

M62 - A1 ■■ :open_mouth: It’s clear you don’t live in the UK Pat. :smiley:

Or howabout across the A69 to Carlisle,down the M6,and come off at the East Lancs Road.(A580.)

Time wise…3 1/2 to 4 hours,at a guess.

stick with the m62 /a1 for now is the eaisest route

…think I’d go the M62 - M1 -A1 way, as for time, Leeds to Newcastle 'bout 2 ¼, and Leeds to St. Helens - 1 ½ tops, so I would reckon 3 ¾ should do it

Give yoursen 4 hours then you have chance of a cuppa on the way :wink:

M62, M60, M62 then M1, A1. Alternatively A580, M60, M62 then M1, A1 dependant on time you are leaving as you could get held up round Eccles interchange with Xmas shoppers going to Trafford Centre.
Time wise as Marlow says 3 3/4 hrs should cover it, all being well.

Brooksy,your first lesson in driving.When you ask 6 lorry drivers the best/quickest way to anywhere you get 6 different answers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Also Brooksy, if you get 6 different replies, only one read the original posting correctly :unamused:

Too right Anorak, everyone but Quinny has given brooksy directions backwards!

Read the topic chaps :laughing:

Dazza

quickest as above (a1 m1 m62 come off jnc7 and a570 into st helens) :smiley:

but if you want a scenic route and not for the faint hearted(a1 a66 a685 m6 a580) not advised in winter :unamused: :wink:

jon

marlow hes in a truck not tornando or f18

Thanks guys made it there and back in one peice directions were spot on thanks. Tomorrow its newcastle to colne then into whitefield then who knows. :smiley:

Glad you enjoyed it Brooksey… Bet you couldnt get that huge smile off your face for hours eh??.. :smiley:

Good luck buddy…

Far be it for me to state the bleedin obvious,but I noticed that as well Dazza.Unless of course they were reading their maps upside down. :laughing:

How the hell do you all find your way around :open_mouth: i can’t believe the above posts hope your not ODs it would cost you a fortune :laughing: :laughing:

They might have been reading one of those upside-down maps that you can get for women.

And before all you ladies have a go at me, that is exactly how they were marketed believ it or not, I bought me mam one and she loved it, especially travelling south.

Dazza