Calling all Glory Boys!

:smiley: A question for all you KIngs of Bling!

Which Alloy/Chrome cleaner is the best/easiest to use. I’ve been at it all morning with Solvol Autosol, my fingers now ache and are as Black as your Grandfathers hat! Its seems to have done the trick, but is there a better alternative?

You can have a process done where the rims are dipped to remove the corrosion, then they have a chrome enamel low-baked onto them, saves all the polishing :wink:

Not cheap though.

yeah
dont do it :laughing:

I was thinking of getting a Pole or a Latvian in to do it, but have you seen how much they charge! Extortion! :laughing:

fine wet and dry sandpaper and use brasso to keep it wet

just done my near side this evening i use autosol to bring them up them peek to keep on top of them then auto glym wheel finish to seal the finish

one quick tip get your self some disposable rubber gloves works wonders for keeping your hans kleen hope it helps a little i dont go mad on em just enough to give a shine

Are you supposed to polish then then? Haven’t done mine since I got the truck, oopps. :blush: :blush: :blush:

i couldn imagine polishing 6 wheels :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

whats the best thing for blacking the tyres cos i want to my car.

6 wheels i wish that was all 2 light bars 12 spotlights and 2 400 litre tanks

and a partridge in a pear tree :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (before some else gets there)

at least ive not got a fully enclosed chassis like angies :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

jessicas dad:
whats the best thing for blacking the tyres cos i want to my car.

Autoglym Tyre dressing works a treat!

Paste type polish is hard work unless you have a machine.Brasso or Silvo both work well ,though you still get black mits. If you don’t keep up with it you will spend 8x as long next time.
By the way the newest range of Alcoa wheels don’t need polishing,they are called Durabrite .Just wash them off.My mate has them and they have held up well through all the winter road salt…They’re 3 years old and still look like show truck wheels.

Did my wheels today, first time in 8 months. warm soapy water and a non-stick pan scourer to get the brakedust and stuff off. then some brasso to bring them up like new. took less than an hour to do 6 wheels.

once they are as you like them, at every opportunity rinse them with cold water and dry them with a newspaper. you’ll only need to polish once or twice a year.

Tramper,
get bull ■■■■■■■■ mate, yes it is ‘Auto’ used it on mi old B33, if it don’t work try ‘Parade gloss’ :laughing: :laughing: