Polishing Alloy Tanks?

New wagon had shiney alloy tanks for the first two weeks, but now they have stained and went dull.
Whats the best way to get them shining and keep them that way■■?
Cheers, Kieron

I asked this question before. :smiley:
Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50659#p581488

autosol its costs about 2 quid for a 100g tube brings your tank up to a nice polish.

In the past i would have said autosol, but now i use autoglym metal polish, if worked hard enough its far better, requires a bit more elbow grease but imo its worth it.

facebook.com/profile.php?v=b … 3350539568
its more common than you think,i would also like to thank my best mate for jealously throwing coffee over mine!!

Tank polishing!!! have you people not got a life, by all means keep your motor clean , but polishing tanks!!! a bit OTT for me

rocky 7:
Tank polishing!!! have you people not got a life, by all means keep your motor clean , but polishing tanks!!! a bit OTT for me

Totally agree!

What medication are you people on! There’s nothing wrong with taking pride in your truck, but do you people ever go home!

:unamused: :unamused:

I once saw a guy at ASDA Wigan sat in the PI***Ing rain on the floor polishing his tank, and this wasnt a young kid , he was well in his 40s

I just noticed who started this topic … Keiron, when did an Irishman stop long enough to polish a truck, you usually let the wind do that for you.lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i would use t cut to fetch em back up like new then use alu to keep on top of them . you can buy alu from the polishing shop in stafford

rocky 7:
I just noticed who started this topic … Keiron, when did an Irishman stop long enough to polish a truck, you usually let the wind do that for you.lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hahaha, your probably right, but my excuse is im a brit like yourself :sunglasses:
That added to the fact I have a real cushy number. Theres only so much sleepin a man can do :laughing:

Well the way I see it, your unit can be a dose of crap, but if the shiney bits are shiney enough it will look the business.
Bit like a dodgy lookin bird really, ■■■■ job, makeup and short skirt and nobody notices. :smiling_imp:

rocky 7:
I once saw a guy at ASDA Wigan sat in the PI***Ing rain on the floor polishing his tank, and this wasnt a young kid , he was well in his 40s
[/quote]

I’m offended :smiley:
Not that I’d be out in the rain like. I’m in my forties and still young!

renaultman:
I’m in my forties and still young!

Yeah but when you get to your 40`s you start to resemble the guy in fred Wedlocks song :laughing: :laughing:

Coat, Hat …taxi

peirre:

renaultman:
I’m in my forties and still young!

Yeah but when you get to your 40`s you start to resemble the guy in fred Wedlocks song :laughing: :laughing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kALGhbTxdg

Coat, Hat …taxi

Aye! That’s me :sunglasses:

rocky 7:

does polish have same effect as the magnet ?
if not what the hell do u use it for for

just be careful polishing tanks,its a well known fact that to much polishing will make the tank that thin the diesel starts to leak,just keep an eye on your mpg. :sunglasses:

I’ve got shiny tanks, I found the easiest way is to get a crackhead in a truckstop to do them for $10 a tank, then get the money back off the boss, simple & no need for elbow grease that way :wink:

I went to Thruxton with a BSB race transporter, we were all in and set up on Thursday afternoon, I decided to wash the truck and then started to polish the tank. I soon got bored & the truck has still got a single stripy patch on the tank 3 years on :laughing: