Alloy Wheels

Hi all, does anyone no the best thing to clean up alloy wheels.
I’am changing my unit to a Scania topline,it has alloy weels that have not been polished for a long time.

Plenty of elbow grease!

I have Loads of that what else :confused:

A little immigrant with a tube of polish & some mutton cloth gets em gleaming!

go and get a big bottle of tomato ketchup its cheaper than polish and it smells nicer

Have a word with a pro valeter - they have some special acid they use but it must be washed off after a very short time

ravanoli:
Hi all, does anyone no the best thing to clean up alloy wheels.
I’am changing my unit to a Scania topline,it has alloy weels that have not been polished for a long time.

no offence intended to you but
why do you want shiny alloys, is your boss paying for the stuff and paying you to clean them.
i can understand want a clean cab inside an out but polishing the wheel seems a tad over the top :open_mouth:

I have the mutton cloth, i will find the immigrant easy :smiley: but what type of polish?

I want to see how good they come up.

If really tarnished first soap filled brillo pads then a good metal polish. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my best advice is pm mr vain.

peek polish is good but it is expensive autosol is good and a bit cheaper

peek is only any good if you have a shine to start with how bad are ya alloys??rav do a serch on my name and find time to clean the alloys, :wink: may help you a bit if you need any help pm me daz

jessicas dad:
my best advice is pm mr vain.

ME!!! Several ways, none easy.

1. Buy Dura bright wheels!
  2. Pay someone to refurb them
  3. A polishing mop on a drill
  4. Many types of polish and hours of patience.

It really depends on your intentions. If yr ok with high maintenance wheels then you’ve got to take the long route to getting them clean, Avoid ali brite, start with a mild ali cleaner, machine mart sell a chemical that i found to be good, wash a few times with that and then start polishing, i don’t recommend brillo pads. If all you want is bright but un polished wheels, then ali brite will do it, not my preference, its more like bleach. Little and often with the polish.
Good luck.

Don’t bother with expensive bottles of polish. Just use plenty of washing up liquid and big handful of wire wool. Just go over it nice and gentle, Then wash off. Fuel tanks look great using this.
And it’s CHEAP.

you got it in one MR V, buy dura bright wh :wink: eels
or for us poor ones out there and as MR V said it aint easy getting a mirror finish on them with out hard work,
if only lightly pitted start of with wet and dry “sore fingers now” and a grit of around 300, then work up in stages 400,600.800.1000.1200.1500. 2000, after all this and around a bloody week of no skin on the finger ends and you have removed all the scratches from each sanding, its then time to get a good powefull leccy drill and 3 mops, and work away from course mopping down to mirror finish, then solvol, belgom them then peek then , and re~apply weekly.
good luck, it aint easy and it all depends on the finish you want to get,or again as MR V said get someone to do it for ya, cost of 1 rim is around £60,

Worrabout ali tanks? I don’t want truck show shine, but hate the cleaned and dull finish that most ali cleaners give.
Anyone got any Lazybassa secrets, they wish to share :sunglasses:

wash with warm fairy liquid a few times if you have discs on the front they will have burn spots from the pads use fine wet and dry then WHITE DIAMOND wipe on let it turn white and rub off and do it every week it works :stuck_out_tongue:

renaultman:
Worrabout ali tanks? I don’t want truck show shine, but hate the cleaned and dull finish that most ali cleaners give.

Refer to my post above. You won’t break a sweat.

limeyphil:

renaultman:

Refer to my post above. You won’t break a sweat.

Ta! Sorry I missed your post 1st time :laughing: :laughing: