Cabbage patch (Bordeaux) closing down

I was in the Cabbage patch last Tuesday and the manager told me he has sold up and it is being turned into warehousing. It is due to close before Xmas, but he didn’t have an exact date yet

jimti:
I was in the Cabbage patch last Tuesday and the manager told me he has sold up and it is being turned into warehousing. It is due to close before Xmas, but he didn’t have an exact date yet

That is not such a great loss as it would be in the UK. Bordeaux and surrounding area has plenty of good restos. Fortunately in France the customer is still king and if the trade moves, there is normally a good reason for it.

to be honest i only went in there once, full of poles, i prefer to get that little bit further and park in cestas…

:unamused: No great loss really, just so long as the clientelle don’t find the “Good” places :wink:

tobyovens:
to be honest i only went in there once, full of poles,

I only ever used it on a handful of occasions, the main problem in those days was it was full of Brits. :wink: :smiley: No great loss, as Wheel Nut says there are no shortage of decent stopping places round there, or anywhere in France really.

Not much of a problem, the wine wasnt up to much anyway - I always prefered the routiers at Barbizeiux or further south at Castets.

Where are all the Spanish and Pork and Cheese going to weekend now?

The same place as we always did - barbizeux, there was never enough parking at the patch to make it pay, Im suprised it lasted this long.

kerbut:
Where are all the Spanish and Pork and Cheese going to weekend now?

most of them stopped using the patch when they started to charge to park, Hopefully one of the better truckstops around Bordeaux will open on the weekends, Barbezieux is sometimes too far north for our work, and Castets is shut on Sundays