Bordeaux truckstop.St.Andre de Cubzac

Several years on and the sign is still there, if not much else! (taken last evening on the way to Niort)

~ Craig

A 2009 thread but just as well reply, we used to stop at the Centre Routier (Acotel) in Bordeaux , but my favourite was to go under the bridge to park by the U boat pens on the quays, there were 3 good restaurants there , I think one was called the Orlando and there was another open at the weekend .
Its a shame to see this thread and Dave L contributing as he dies earlier this year

I only went in there a couple of times, on such time, during a weekend stay, I bumped into mrken of this site, his company (Elstran) were doing their first trip down to Spain in a lovely F12 Globetrotter, he was tagging along with the driver to make sure it went smoothly :wink:

Use to frequent to cabbage patch on may a weekend ,also the fish restaurant up the road near Poitiers.Out of all the Bp Truckstops Zaragoza was my favourite , the place was alwys clean and the food briliiant.JHeard that the cabbage patch had been shutdown. Does any one remember the mass exodus of Portugeses drivers on the stroke of midnight, hundres on them all racing up for the ferrys.
:smiley:

The BP at Zaragoza has gone down hill,it was dirty,and looked liked no restaurant,just tapas on the counter,staff not friendly.
Did you ever use St.Genis de Saintonage,Claudes old nose bag joint and the English guy on the pumps called Tony,bearded,big chap,went to jail,fiddling the pumps.

Seems like BP have had enough of catering (or the self caterers).I didn’t particularly like the Cabbage Patch,although only used it 3 or 4 times just because it was convenient.Shame about Zaragoza-used to like stopping there.

Claudes a much better joint Tobes, I went in there one night with the ex Mrs ( a girl with a Cognac accent & breath ) I got treated rather better that visit. Not many of JMI used to frequent it often…

Claudes a much better joint Tobes, I went in there one night with the ex Mrs ( a girl with a Cognac accent & breath ) I got treated rather better that visit. Not many of JMI used to frequent it often…

Double bubble :smiley:

toby1234abc:
The BP at Zaragoza has gone down hill,it was dirty,and looked liked no restaurant,just tapas on the counter,staff not friendly.
Did you ever use St.Genis de Saintonage,Claudes old nose bag joint and the English guy on the pumps called Tony,bearded,big chap,went to jail,fiddling the pumps.

Remember claudes old place , he use to leave a small vat of rosie out for us when he shut shop on a saturday night. :smiley:

I heard once that Claude was an ex Gendarme,when the Cabbage Patch first opened,the meals were very good,then it went down hill,it was blind side reversing to park up,the showers were huge,and cleaned after every user,at the weekend i would cycle through the rolling valleys and hills,amazing scenery,not far away.

the one staight oppisite up the steps was the best the owner always bought u a drink and his wife was goergous…

kerbut:
A 2009 thread but just as well reply, we used to stop at the Centre Routier (Acotel) in Bordeaux , but my favourite was to go under the bridge to park by the U boat pens on the quays, there were 3 good restaurants there , I think one was called the Orlando and there was another open at the weekend .
Its a shame to see this thread and Dave L contributing as he dies earlier this year

Carbon Blanc,on the ring road,by Mc,Donalds,exit 23 or 24,full up lunch and dinner times,or failing that Begles exit,park in the AS24 Garage,free showers,and walk to the shopping centre,numerous places to eat.

How many tn users frequented the “cabbage patch”,in Bordeaux.Noisy place,never got a good nights kip.Threre was a lady who did the rounds,servicing the drivers,plus the good garage opposite with the mongrel dog,that would come at you,fearing being bit,but the dog was friendly.Truckwash and get oil/fuel filters changed,ans oil change at a good price.Lot of Brit drivers married the friendly waitresses,not sure if they got work in France or not.Lot of Murffits stopped there.Long wait for the showers,but very clean.Now use the Routiers below the big bridge,opposite is restaurant called “Josephs”,Algerian/Moroccon owners.Shower bit dirty though.Or exit 23,good truckstop on the ring road,full at late evening times.

toby1234abc:
How many tn users frequented the “cabbage patch”,in Bordeaux.Noisy place,never got a good nights kip.Threre was a lady who did the rounds,servicing the drivers,plus the good garage opposite with the mongrel dog,that would come at you,fearing being bit,but the dog was friendly.Truckwash and get oil/fuel filters changed,ans oil change at a good price.Lot of Brit drivers married the friendly waitresses,not sure if they got work in France or not.Lot of Murffits stopped there.Long wait for the showers,but very clean.Now use the Routiers below the big bridge,opposite is restaurant called “Josephs”,Algerian/Moroccon owners.Shower bit dirty though.Or exit 23,good truckstop on the ring road,full at late evening times.

Hi toby

The cabbage patch was ok for meeting up with other brits if you had the w-end off but the parking at the the other side off the river was i found much better and there is many routiers along the river who used to send cars up to take you to their restuarant for free. Mind you i had many a good night in the cabbage patch as i used to be on wine groupage collections so sometimes three days to load a trailer in between cabbage patch sessions!!! :smiley:

This one is much better, not sure if it is open at weekend though.

Toby.
I agree with colin & Wheelnut.
I only used the Cabbage Patch when
leaving Porto at midnight,to be home
Sunday afternoon.
4+1hr 4hrs+8hrs
4+ 1hr 4hrs = Cabbage Patch. +8hrs
4hrs Vivy (open on Sunday) 1 hr or
45 minutes if I was on a promise.
4hrs.Dropped the trailer & after a bevvy
I was home.God I miss the 90’s. :smiley:

nice one dave, agree withyou there. Is the steps on the quays still open? the new one at carbon blanc?? any good ■■

yuppie:
nice one dave, agree withyou there. Is the steps on the quays still open? the new one at carbon blanc?? any good ■■

I don’t know Al. I’ve been retired a year,was on sick leave for 2 years before that.
The last few times I ran to Bayonne,left monday then had to go via Libourne. Tipped Bayonne wednesday,loaded slates for Brittany,to tip thursday. Then reload another convoi friday. So I never got to stop round Bordeaux.

Wheel Nut:
This one is much better, not sure if it is open at weekend though.

That was always my favourite place Malc, work of art finding a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and sleeping overnight on the road outside though. :wink:
A real family business, Mama and Papa wandering about greeting everyone personally, but a little confused while the son, can’t remember his name, ran the place efficiently. If that is a recent photo, nice to know it is still there, when you retire you get the feeling sometimes that everywhere you knew has shut down. :confused: :unamused: :laughing: