cabbage patch

why is the cabbage patch so called

its looking rough

I did have an answer on the reason why its called The Cabbage Patch, but I’ve forgotten :blush: :blush: :blush: .

cos of the dolls :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cos its green and full of vegetables

WTF is the Cabbage Patch?

Harry Monk:
[zb] is the Cabbage Patch?

I`ve heard the Bp at bordeaux and the Bp at macon both called this(and i think someone once mentioned the pub at bourg also) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Take your pick

cos of all the cabbages [zb] more miles at the bar than they’d actually done, used to avoid it like the plague
i preferred castets, better type of ■■■■■■■■ there
i’ve never heard of macon and the pub being called it, but they again were two places to avoid for the same reason, i preferred beaune

edited by jb

it was because of the green bp signage that used to make the places stand out at the side of the motorway.
the last time i stopped at macon (about a month ago) there was a whole corner of the parking area taken over by irish travellers (gypsies, tinkers, didicoys or whatever else you deem to call them), we arrived at 10pm local time to find the restaurant closed until 6am, so we had a couple of sandwiches from the petrol station.
next morning we showered then went for breakfast only to find they were not cooking any food until after 1 pm local time.

i stopped at bordeaux a few weeks ago and enjoyed an excellent meal and a few carraffes of vin rouge much to my heads dislike.
lots of english lads at bordeaux but only 2 at macon other than me and my mate that is.

whilst parked at bordeaux i spotted a rat running across the parking area, it was so big it had killed a horse and was dragging it along. :laughing:

my co driver mentioned Castets but we had to have brekky and it was on the door step

I think its because of the green BP sign. Although its got a bad name, I have stopped there on a number of occassions and always had a good meal and got chatting with some interesting characters.

And, yes, the rats are as big as dogs. Sat there one weekend reading in the cab and I kept on seeing movement out of one corner of my eye, and couldn’t believe the size of the things. They do, every now and again have a ‘cull’, but you only need to look at the size of the holes around the bins to see they need another…

If you are ever stuck there for a weekend there is a great little village a mile away with a great PMU (local bookies), and is certainly the place to be on a Sunday morning!

I think there’s a certain amount of snobbery amongst some drivers who prefer to tell you about the little Les Routier which you will never find - even if you wanted to…

Plambert:
I think there’s a certain amount of snobbery amongst some drivers who prefer to tell you about the little Les Routier which you will never find - even if you wanted to…

PMSL - dead right though, they’re always great amis with le patron of course! :unamused: :laughing:

johnny:
whilst parked at bordeaux i spotted a rat running across the parking area, it was so big it had killed a horse and was dragging it along. :laughing:

That was not a rat, you are very rude. It was my wife and she was hungry because the retaurant didnt open until 1pm.

biggusdickusgb:
cos of all the cabbages [zb] more miles at the bar than they’d actually done, used to avoid it like the plague
i preferred castets, better type of [zb] there
i’ve never heard of macon and the pub being called it, but they again were two places to avoid for the same reason, i preferred beaune

edited by jb

Steve are you still driving? I did a trip recently but I havent seen anyone from the old days for years.
I liked Beaune too, did you stay at the services, I used to cycle to the town, it was a nice trip along the lanes in the summer.

If you can ignore the cats (ooooooooops, meant rats) running around, there is nothing at all wrong with Bordeaux!! I have always enjoyed the meals there and have no complaints about it at all.