Carbon blanc closed?

My mate was down in Bordeaux this week and he told me the resto is shut up, Is this True ? Anyone know if it’s permanent or what ?

I hope not as i ate at that rouitier many times and was full up early afternoons i think as you exit the rocade you see mcdonalds and a supermarket that has a restaurant and i used to exit at Begles and park at the as 24 as a big supermarket with a mcdonalds and numerous places to eat.

Been shut since Christmas,our travelling friends were in there but got moved on.

I can predict all the Rouitiers closing down if they are not being used which is a shame as the Eastern Euro drivers never stop or eat there as they use the side lockers on the trailer as a kitchen.

Can’t understand why it has shut down , always banged out, bet the one at three cardinals and the Albatross will reap the benefit

toby1234abc:
I can predict all the Rouitiers closing down if they are not being used which is a shame as the Eastern Euro drivers never stop or eat there as they use the side lockers on the trailer as a kitchen.

It is a a shame that yet another routier has ceased to trade. Had the pleasure of eating there, when I couldn’t make Castets.
But to add to your comment Toby, many of these establishments have closed because many Nationals have been downgraded to Departmentals, the running of which are now down to the regional authorities and the introduction of weight limits in the towns after bypasses have been built to take the through traffic away from the town, then there is the Autoroutes that also take the hauliers away from the Nationals, again that have weight limits put on them.
Try going down the original N10 now, how many old routiers are still there, most of them would be full to capacity in the evenings , serving up good quality food at a very reasonable price. And it’s not just the N10, I just gave that as an example.
Does anybody know if the routiers at Hautvilliers on the old N1 (near Abbeville) is still going, many a pleasant evening has been spent there in the past, so much so making me miss the odd ferry or two. I know the old patron is no longer alive and that his daughter tool it over, before selling it.

toby1234abc:
I can predict all the Rouitiers closing down if they are not being used which is a shame as the Eastern Euro drivers never stop or eat there

well I used to until I realized I never got to share a loaf of bread with the local mayor. and that kind of made me feel a little ripped off after what I had read from here :unamused:

To answer your question Pierrot 14 , yeah Chez jo is still open

Barcelona_Karl:
To answer your question Pierrot 14 , yeah Chez jo is still open

Thanks for the reply BK, really pleased that its still going - I used to love stopping there, especially on Friday evening when Jo would cook all the meat on the open fire.
Many a café calvados has been downed in there

Barcelona_Karl:
To answeyrs r your question Pierrot 14 , yeah Chez jo is still open

Had some good nights there over the years last time there was about 2yrs ago

nedbro:

Barcelona_Karl:
To answeyrs r your question Pierrot 14 , yeah Chez jo is still open

Had some good nights there over the years last time there was about 2yrs ago

Regular haunt for Dutch, Belgians, Brits and of course the French drivers and always busy. Nice big parking area well martialed by IIRC Pascal ? Funny little man he was.
In all the times I’ve stopped there I have never witnessed a row, a punch up or bad manners from any drivers. A very pleasant place to eat , drink and of course be merry

If the Rouitiers system of fixed price menu with quality food at good value was done in the UK, i know the drivers here would say " i aint eating that foreign muck."!
Can you imagine the drivers look on his face when he is served pigs trotters and a cows stomach in the cafe at a RDC.
But they are happy to eat a Kebab or a sausage which has goat skins,pigs ■■■■■■■■, offal and inners of any animal or carcass,ground up bones from chickens, tails, you name it,it goes in that.Where do all the donkeys go, in your take away food.

toby1234abc:
a sausage which has goat skins,pigs ■■■■■■■■, offal and inners of any animal or carcass,ground up bones from chickens, tails, you name it,it goes in that.

Ah ,good old Andulette