BP Macon

I called on Macon for a shower just before i broke up for xmas. I read a big notice displaying that the truckstop will no longer be open at weekends.It will be closed from 12o clock saturday dinner time (Frenchtime) till 0600hrs monday morning.From what i gather hardly any english/dutch drivers use it now, only jonny foreighner doing camion cuisine.Just thought i’d post this in case anyone going down that way, were planning the weekend down there.

Why, is The Bakehouse closed now?
Mind you not everyone wants to shower with cockroaches, even clean ones. :laughing:
Also, I doubt if the current proprietor follows the old tradition of open right through to Sunday pm and then closed on Mondays. :cry:

To be honest Macon was only there for the Brits to have a fight.

It is a shame that there will be knowhere except the services left open but 24 hour breaks and 17 of those spent on the beer in the cab wont pay the staff wages.

I always wondered why you went through the peage at Macon nord and was greeted by a big Gendarmarie station on the right. All becus the brits were kicking off!!

Is “The Pub” at Bourg en Bresse still going? :confused:

The mistral is open weekends, and the shower has been rebuilt (so I’m told) I am one of the drivers who liked Macon, the food could be Dodgy sometimes, but the staff are always friendly and all speak a bit of English,
Eric can’t cook …You can tell him I said so as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt that it will be very long before the place closes down tbh :cry:

Macon needs to do what the germans do charge to park and you get the money back with a meal it would stop all the eastern block but yes i liked macon but yes the food is poor some times. and yes 2 of my work mates stopped at the minstrel just before xmas and they were quit happy with the place

never really liked it but have bin in a few times last time i was in in late sept or eaely oct apart from me there was a mathews lorry and a owner driver from soulth wales in there no other brits

Le pub im not sure about but been closed weekends for 3 or 4 years at least

i have herd the pub at borg is now shut completely but please dont hold me to that

Had a good few weekend’s at Macon, sometime’s it got a bit silly , but no worse than any other place’s , boy’s will be boy’s, good bloke Eric and George ,when he worked there

Suedehead:
Is “The Pub” at Bourg en Bresse still going? :confused:

do they still have the Coca Cola vending machine out front that dispenses beer? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Barcelona_Karl:
Had a good few weekend’s at Macon, sometime’s it got a bit silly , but no worse than any other place’s , boy’s will be boy’s, good bloke Eric and George ,when he worked there

Or even Murfitt drivers will be… fill in the missing words :laughing:

They were always fighting amongst themselves, after a few jugs of beer and vin rouge. Most oftenly arctic drivers rowing with draw-bar drivers, something about who was getting paid more IIRC, and who did more work.

Didn’t they all get barred from the PUB, and the routier in Jayat.

Now there’s a question … is that place still going :question: :question: :question:

Good question indeed. Wasnt the place at Jayat known as “The Algerians” ?
Used to run on that national all the time down to the Frejus (to save on tolls) :confused:
Also used to stop at a place run by an English bloke between Tornous and Jayat, think the village was called Biriene? spelling ?
Cant remember what the bar was called :confused:

Hi Suedehead
Jayat was not the Algerians which was before jayat if you was running
the ho chi min,in thread crack to macon i have posted a picture of jayat
also bobby cairns posted one.

loosechange

It was phil at jayat and the algirians is burnt down now for a couple of years

shame about the algerians burning down - jayat was always a craphole IMO

No - Phil’s restaurant was the one at Brienne just after Crusiat, it was on a sharp dogleg right handed bend. Jayat was further down the Departmental, on a really nice straight piece of it towards the A40 Macon Bourg/Nantua autoroute. At Jayat the parking was on the opposite side of the road, Routiers on the right side, parking on the left (if heading South), Behind the routiers was the village , with a really nice church. The person I remember who ran it was a Frenchman called Louis, also knew the owner before him, but can’t remember his name. On Sunday’s in the summer, we all used to go down to the nearby lakes, for a swim and sunbathe.

suedehead you are right about the bar,daniel both bars at jayat were
owned by french people,as for the place being a craphole how wrong can one be.some people just remind me of something one does with ones hands.

loosechange

I really enjoyed being week-ended there, Always a good crack. Us Europa and our subbies, Reeves freight, drivers regularly stopped there, on the way down to Italy. Good food nice atmos etc,

Phil, thats the fella who had the place at Birene, cheers for that Pierrot.
Spent a few weekends there meself and i think he was from the Ipswich area originally ?
Didnt he end up with his sister in law :open_mouth: after his missus done a bunk with a Brit driver :confused: