BP Macon

Yep your right jayat was before the old tunnel to chambray yeh!! brienne phils just off A29…only been here 7months and loosing the plot.cheers guys

Brienne was Phil’s, the ex-Yeardleys driver.

He passed it on to Griff n Debbie. Griff was also an ex-Yeardleys driver.
What the arrangement was I don’t know, (bought, sold, rented out too, whatever).

I believe it’s been back in local hands for a few years now, and is closed at weekends.

daniel james page:
Yep your right jayat was before the old tunnel to chambray yeh!! brienne phils just off A29…only been here 7months and loosing the plot.cheers guys

You are losing the plot mate :laughing: Jayat was about 15mins from the Bourg Nord exit heading towards Chalon sur Soane & it was a proper ■■■■■■■■ with the filthiest shower this side of a Turkish Jail, the owner Jean-Pierre was a miserable git too, I always used to pop in on my way down as it was a cheap source of tunnel tickets, but for food it was no match for Le Mistral or even the Pub at Bourg en Bresse, although if you wanted a really decent meal Pont D’Ain or the place just after the N75/N504 split by the train tracks were the places to go.

As for the BP at Macon, I went in there twice, once to try it out & once again because I had forgotten how bad it was the 1st time :unamused: Bordeaux was just as bad, in fact apart from the one at Meer they were all crap, the French & Spanish ones especially so, when compared to the nearby alternatives, the only good thing about them was the parking areas were tarmac rather than bombsites, each to his own I suppose, I’m sure they had many fans :wink:

Must admit to enjoying the Ham & eggs from Jayat but for me it was either the Hotel De Chat or The Pink House at Rousillion (Dennis)

good news the one at bordeaux has shut as it was a ■■■■■■■■ full of bloody ■■■■■■■■■ where is the one at macon? sometimes we run down past macon from germany for irun on national roads

welshboyinspain:
good news the one at bordeaux has shut as it was a [zb] full of bloody [zb]. where is the one at macon? sometimes we run down past macon from germany for irun on national roads

A6 Exit for Macon Nord, go through peage and you should see the BP sign all lit up in front of you slightly to the left.

jacko22:
Must admit to enjoying the Ham & eggs from Jayat but for me it was either the Hotel De Chat or The Pink House at Rousillion (Dennis)

Suppose those two went out of business after they put a weight limit on the road to the Chat. That was a lovely route to take, to break up the journey to Aix les Bains and Frejus. Remember it being slightly iffy during the winter months. It was as if the gritters didn’t know it was there :laughing:

WE USED TO USE JAYAT FOR WEEKEND BREAKS AND ON TRANSIT TO ITALY ECT ECT HAM N EGGS HOT COFFEE GREAT :smiley: THE LADY THAT RUN IT IN LATE 80’ 90’S A THINK WAS CALLED MARIE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT HER NAME I REMEMBER HER HUSBAND WAS A EX COPPER HE DID NOT LIKE THE BRITS BUT DIDNT MIND YOU SPENDING MONEY IN RESTRAURNT SHE WAS ALLWAYS VERY GOOD WITH US LADS . PS WAT ABOUT STEAK N CHIPS N PEPPER SAUCE YUMMY :smiley: AT THE PUB BOURG ON BRESS. THATS ALL FOR NOW . MEL EX BARKERS OF BIRTLEY ECT ECT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Instead of Macon I would always eat at the small Elf garage that is sometimes known as the Greenhouse. It was owned by an Algerian and the couscous was amazing, what is more is that you also got Pizza to start with before the cold buffet. and the wine keeps flowing :smiley:

It was a favourite for Denby and the Courtaud lads too

pierrot 14:
Or even Murfitt drivers will be… fill in the missing words :laughing:

They were always fighting amongst themselves, after a few jugs of beer and vin rouge. Most oftenly arctic drivers rowing with draw-bar drivers, something about who was getting paid more IIRC, and who did more work.

Didn’t they all get barred from the PUB, and the routier in Jayat.

Now there’s a question … is that place still going :question: :question: :question:

do you always talk out of your arse?

bigbird201:
I called on Macon for a shower just before i broke up for xmas. I read a big notice displaying that the truckstop will no longer be open at weekends.It will be closed from 12o clock saturday dinner time (Frenchtime) till 0600hrs monday morning.From what i gather hardly any english/dutch drivers use it now, only jonny foreighner doing camion cuisine.Just thought i’d post this in case anyone going down that way, were planning the weekend down there.

■■■■ hole anyway

i agree at the weekends it was full of ■■■■■■ up brits, the showers stank, and motors got robbed regularly in the lorry park.if it closed for good it wouldnt be missed.

biggusdickusgb:

pierrot 14:

They were always fighting amongst themselves, after a few jugs of beer and vin rouge. Most oftenly arctic drivers rowing with draw-bar drivers, something about who was getting paid more IIRC, and who did more work.

Now there’s a question … is that place still going :question: :question: :question:

Haven’t noticed this thread before, but it looks like a severe case of verbal diarrhoea. Do you reckon he was on the Herald as well as in the SAS? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bazfrombenidorm:

biggusdickusgb:

pierrot 14:

Haven’t noticed this thread before, but it looks like a severe case of verbal diarrhoea. Do you reckon he was on the Herald as well as in the SAS? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i was in the SAS, i fought that many people all over europe i didn’t have time for any work, i swam back to shore from the herald, a lump of concrete almost hit my windscreen as i drove past wallys, i just put my fog lights on and got through gotthard and the flames actually chased me from half way through the blanc to the italian side.
but then again i was on murfitts for 7 years :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:
i was in the SAS, i fought that many people all over europe i didn’t have time for any work, i swam back to shore from the herald, a lump of concrete almost hit my windscreen as i drove past wallys, i just put my fog lights on and got through gotthard and the flames actually chased me from half way through the blanc to the italian side.
but then again i was on murfitts for 7 years :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So it WAS you that started all those stories :open_mouth: ,
I thought it might have been :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i don’t start stories simon, it’s just that i’ve been everywhere
first time i did mont blanc it was only a molehill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: