Bus driver sent home lgbt

jakethesnake:
Most religion is based on one thing …The fear of death.

I am not getting into any religious argument but what an absolute load of twaddle.What an utterly naive comment. You obviously ain’t done any research on religion.

Religion is all about fear and control it was a way to keep people under control look at the Catholic church in Ireland or the influence that Islam has over middle eastern countries. Anyone who believes that fairy stories are true after the age of 5 or 6 is certainly not someone to be taken seriously, religious zealots are usually the biggest bunch of do as I say not as I do hypocrites you are ever likely to find.
For the record you don’t need to research anything about religion to see the twaddle that it is, remind again how it was possible for a dead man to rise up after 3 days and with yet even now after 2000 years of medical advances it still is not possible.

jakethesnake:

I am not getting into any religious argument but what an absolute load of twaddle.What an utterly naive comment. You obviously ain’t done any research on religion.

For somebody who ‘‘Aint getting into a religious argument’’ you’re doing a bit of arguing there. :smiley:
Make yer mind up Jake ffs. :unamused:

Btw I have a CSE in RK, about 5 yrs ‘‘research’’ in Secondary school …so wrong again I’m afraid me old mate. :neutral_face:

Muckaway:
I’d be more offended if I was made to drive a vehicle supporting Jeremy Corbyn…Then again, a photo of Diane Abbott on your back doors would stop rear end collisions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i wonder what photo limey phil uses? :confused:

To get back on thread, this is a genuine point and not a ■■■■ take, seriously btw…so please take it as it is intended.

I fancy women, I like women to be women, feminine, curves, looks features, the way they dress, the way they talk, smell and all the rest of it that makes them a natural woman…that’s what makes me straight…So.
Bearing that in mind, …

If you see two lesbians, how come one of them (generally speaking) does her best to look dress, walk, talk, and do everything else like a man?
If that is what turns on her partner, ie to all intents and purposes a man :bulb: why not just go for the real thing?
I’ve always found that puzzling.
The same with many gay bloke couples, not all, but one is sometimes outrageously (in a kind way) effeminate.
So speaking as an ignorant in all this type of stuff heterosexual, what is that all about?

Then transexuals…
I do genuinely sympathise with them, it’s like me feeling how I do now, everything masculine, the way I look act and all the est of it, but actually being a woman, it must be one hell of a demoralising feeling for someone like that.
Not meaning to be unkind, but MOST blokes who trans to being a woman, still look like a bloke, again a fact NOT a ■■■■■■■■■
So how the hell do they cope with that exactly, it must be difficult.

Then we have the mixture (for want of a better word) I personally know of 2 girls who are now as they call it gender neutral, I won’t pretend to understand it because I don’t.
The one with the full beard, is the one who is pregnant.
Now like I said before, live and let live, but am I the only one who would be concerned about the confusion with their kid, and the difficulties he will have at school, we all know how cruel kids can be to each other.
As I said, I do not understand half of all this stuff, but I’m quite entitled to be curious, so if anybody can explain, in a non criticising, ■■■■ taking, and especially religious way, please enlighten me, it’s a genuine couple of questions with no agenda. :bulb:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

For somebody who ‘‘Aint getting into a religious argument’’ you’re doing a bit of arguing there. :smiley:

Btw I have a CSE in RK, about 5 yrs ‘‘research’’ in Secondary school …so wrong again I’m afraid me old mate. :neutral_face:

Well for someone who is obviously an atheist why would you bother to do a CSE in religious studies? Don’t tell me you did not have an option. Also anyone who had studied a subject for 5 years would not make such a ridiculous comment because what you say is not what religion is based on. I doubt there are very few who study religion fear death. Probably more likely are the ones that do not.

Rob mate, I take your point about being serious and not taking the ■■■■.
I was doing my best to remain serious until I read the line " The one with the full beard, is the one who is pregnant. " , then sorry mate, I just burst out laughing !!
As the saying goes, you just couldn’t make it up ( not suggesting you did BTW ) :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.

robroy:
To get back on thread, this is a genuine point and not a ■■■■ take, seriously btw…so please take it as it is intended.

I fancy women, I like women to be women, feminine, curves, looks features, the way they dress, the way they talk, smell and all the rest of it that makes them a natural woman…that’s what makes me straight…So.
Bearing that in mind, …

If you see two lesbians, how come one of them (generally speaking) does her best to look dress, walk, talk, and do everything else like a man?
If that is what turns on her partner, ie to all intents and purposes a man :bulb: why not just go for the real thing?
I’ve always found that puzzling.
The same with many gay bloke couples, not all, but one is sometimes outrageously (in a kind way) effeminate.
So speaking as an ignorant in all this type of stuff heterosexual, what is that all about?

Then transexuals…
I do genuinely sympathise with them, it’s like me feeling how I do now, everything masculine, the way I look act and all the est of it, but actually being a woman, it must be one hell of a demoralising feeling for someone like that.
Not meaning to be unkind, but MOST blokes who trans to being a woman, still look like a bloke, again a fact NOT a ■■■■■■■■■

It can be very distressing, I read somewhere that the suicide rate for trans people is twice that of non trans. (Google it, plenty of info out there.) The biggest fear for me personally is acceptance, my appearance is is only ever an issue with others. That’s because I know that if I make a bit of effort, I’ll look fabulous (dahling!) and I can be what I always wanted to be.

As I go about my business in the yard and I hear the derogatory comments about “pufters and trannies” I know I’ll never be accepted there. So I have to live my real life in secret. Going out of town for a weekend just to be myself, running the risk of going into a non trans friendly bar (a bit like a Newcastle fan going into a Sunderland bar!) and running the risk of the barman saying “hiya mate, what can I get you?” That hurts, not as much as being thrown out mind!

Sorry, I’m waffling. In a nutshell, I cope just fine, its everyone else that has the problem. :wink:

Then we have the mixture (for want of a better word) I personally know of 2 girls who are now as they call it gender neutral, I won’t pretend to understand it because I don’t.
The one with the full beard, is the one who is pregnant.
Now like I said before, live and let live, but am I the only one who would be concerned about the confusion with their kid, and the difficulties he will have at school, we all know how cruel kids can be to each other.
As I said, I do not understand half of all this stuff, but I’m quite entitled to be curious, so if anybody can explain, in a non criticising, ■■■■ taking, and especially religious way, please enlighten me, it’s a genuine couple of questions with no agenda. :bulb:

I dont really feel qualified to discuss the rest. But I will say that if you move beyond the stereotypes, you’ll see not everyone fits into the pidgeonholes society tries to put people in.

I firmly belong in the “what consenting adults get up to is none of my business” category and if people are gay, lesbian, trans or whatever then it matters not a jot if I like them as a person. However, I am also a strong supporter of freedom of speech and freedom of thought and if someone doesnt like homosexuality then provided they arent promoting violence and its just their opinion then ill support their right to think that if they want.
That being said however, the bus driver here was totally in the wrong. Hes paid to drive a bus. Its up to the bus company what they put on it and not the driver, regardless of what his personal feelings are.
For anyone who says its his freedom of speech and he had a right to refuse to drive the bus, youre totally wrong. His freedom of speech is to be able to say he doesnt like homosexuality, not to make his employers jump through hoops to keep him happy and unoffended.
If it starts to become acceptable to refuse to do your job because of your personal beliefs (within reason of course), its a genie that will never go back in the bottle

jakethesnake:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Well for someone who is obviously an atheist why would you bother to do a CSE in religious studies? Don’t tell me you did not have an option. Also anyone who had studied a subject for 5 years would not make such a ridiculous comment because what you say is not what religion is based on. I doubt there are very few who study religion fear death. Probably more likely are the ones that do not.

Jake mate, you know nothing about me, so don’t dare sit there with your usual air of pomposity telling me what I have and have not done in my life, and implying I am some kind of a liar.

Fyi, I did a CSE course at school on Religious knowledge as they called it then from the age of 14 to 16.
4 years previous to that we did regular RK lessons in the school curriculum, and prior to that from the age of 5, I attended Sunday School followed by Confirmation classes up to about 14 yrs old.
You say I have not to tell you I had no choice…well I don’t know about you, and your upbringing, but when I was a kid you did as you were told by your parents and your teachers.
So basically I had religion rammed down my neck for most of my childhood. :neutral_face:

In adulthood I made my own mind up about religion,… that is what I tend to do in my life, think things through rather than just readily believe everything I am told…but I am sure I have made that point to you before. :bulb:

As for your last paragraph, as usual everybody else is wrong and Jake is right :unamused:
I gave you my opinion on religion and it’s downside, and you refute it as a definite rather than an opinion…because you know so muuch better, as with everything else… :unamused:

Nite Owl:

robroy:
Then transexuals…

It can be very distressing, I read somewhere that the suicide rate for trans people is twice that of non trans. (Google it, plenty of info out there.) The biggest fear for me personally is acceptance, my appearance is is only ever an issue with others. That’s because I know that if I make a bit of effort, I’ll look fabulous (dahling!) and I can be what I always wanted to be.

As I go about my business in the yard and I hear the derogatory comments about “pufters and trannies” I know I’ll never be accepted there. So I have to live my real life in secret. Going out of town for a weekend just to be myself, running the risk of going into a non trans friendly bar (a bit like a Newcastle fan going into a Sunderland bar!) and running the risk of the barman saying “hiya mate, what can I get you?” That hurts, not as much as being thrown out mind!

Sorry, I’m waffling. In a nutshell, I cope just fine, its everyone else that has the problem. :wink:

I dont really feel qualified to discuss the rest. But I will say that if you move beyond the stereotypes, you’ll see not everyone fits into the pidgeonholes society tries to put people in.

As I said, I do sympathise with you.
I hate to admit that aftef being involved most of my life in a ‘‘lad’s drinking/football culture’’ I too have been involved in (what we see as harmless) making cracks and jokes if we have seen someone in that situation who is obviously a bloke, …maybe I will think twice next time.
Thanks for the reply.

I remember signing up for Driver Hire some time ago.

I was sat next to this trans person. About 6ft and 16st so quite big.
He/She came in to check if any work was available.

Agency lady said no it’s very quite at the moment blah blah.
When the trans person left the agency lady looked at me smiling and said “I can’t send him to any of my clients they will never use me again.” then started laughing.

Now she was being discriminatory but she also had a valid point.
So that’s my little story of LGBT discrimination in the work place.

Imagine how hard it is in particular for a trans person. Employers may pretend to be equal opportunities but in reality that’s all BS.
Most are ageist and a lot are sexist.

Heck most of the courier firms like Tuffnells are meant to be a equal opportunities employer. Try and apply for a warehouse job for them if you are over 50. Yea technically your not meant to lift over 25kg but that’s a load of BS.

robroy:

jakethesnake:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Jake mate, you know nothing about me, so don’t dare sit there with your usual air of pomposity telling me what I have and have not done in my life, and implying I am some kind of a liar.

Fyi, I did a CSE course at school on Religious knowledge as they called it then from the age of 14 to 16.
4 years previous to that we did regular RK lessons in the school curriculum, and prior to that from the age of 5, I attended Sunday School followed by Confirmation classes up to about 14 yrs old.
You say I have not to tell you I had no choice…well I don’t know about you, and your upbringing, but when I was a kid you did as you were told by your parents and your teachers.
So basically I had religion rammed down my neck for most of my childhood. :neutral_face:

In adulthood I made my own mind up about religion,… that is what I tend to do in my life, think things through rather than just readily believe everything I am told…but I am sure I have made that point to you before. :bulb:

As for your last paragraph, as usual everybody else is wrong and Jake is right :unamused:
I gave you my opinion on religion and it’s downside, and you refute it as a definite rather than an opinion…because you know so muuch better, as with everything else… :unamused:

Quite correct and you nothing about me either and there is no pomposity about my post whatsoever. As I said I find it difficult to believe that anyone who studied religion and listened would come out with such a naive statement which is entirely incorrect.

jakethesnake:
Quite correct and you nothing about me either and there is no pomposity about my post whatsoever. As I said I find it difficult to believe that anyone who studied religion and listened would come out with such a naive statement which is entirely incorrect.

I know nothing about you ?
I have never implied otherwise, that is why unlike you, I do not make presumptions about you that are statements in the form of facts, (that I would only really know if I actually knew you off this forum) instead I form opinions of you based only on this forum…that is the difference in this case. :bulb:

Furthermore if I ever did, and I was proven to be completely wrong, I would be following it up with a gesture of apology…but hey!, everyone has different codes of conduct and courtesy eh? :neutral_face:

You should choose your words more caefully btw mate…quote;
‘‘I find it difficult to believe’’…there you go again implying I am a liar.
Why tf would I actually lie about having a substantial knowledge of religious studies? :open_mouth: the only way to prove it to you if I felt the need (I certainly don’t btw) would be to dig out the ■■■■ qualification certificate. :unamused:
It’s hardly anything to boast about, is it?
I pointed it out merely to inform you that you were wrong in your accusations, and assumptions, …maybe you would come across better to the rest of us on this forum if you just admited it from time to time eh? :bulb: :wink:

@Adam 277.
That’s just an example of them looking after their business interests rightly or wrongly, by taking human nature into consideration, over how things probably should be in an ideal world. :bulb:
Just watch an episode of pc Eastenders for a classic example of what I mean…yeh I know it’s cack btw. :smiley:
Nothing like attitudes in real life to race, religion, and other predjudices, but a cleansed nirvanic version of how the liberal pc BBC producers think things ought to be in a working class environment.
Or am I reading too much into it, taking it too seriously, and should just be admiring Kat Slater’s chest instead. :laughing:

Hi Jake,

You missed out “in my opinion” at the end of your last post, and indeed so many others.
Maybe also try “I don’t think that’s correct, my understanding is…” or maybe “I believe xxxxx to be true because…” otherwise you might risk coming across as a know it all argumentative melt, and no one wants that eh?
Also, I’m afraid I’m with Rob on this one, all I see in religions is a list of controls on how to live your life in order to be happy and safe after death, by that logic the alternative is horror after death, therefore implying a fear of death as it’s the one thing that is guaranteed for all of us.
My personal view on religion is that it’s horse manure, however if you feel you need it then so be it, just don’t expect me to join in and certainly don’t try to suggest your a better person than me for having it in your life, the response will be rude.
Enjoy your day Jake.

Might be interesting to see how many who profess disbelieve at best, through disdain up to outright hostility to Christianity/Jewry, were married in church and why, surely not using the church when it suits?

As for religion in general, though keeping it to the Christian religions as saying the wrong about other faiths might see you in deep doo doo (and those who take the ■■■■ of Christians and openly hostile to Jews are for some reason pretty quiet around one other faith), whatever one may think of the main faiths, the morals and rules laid out which many of us were raised on and some still adhere too, wasn’t a bad set of life beliefs, a code if you like, it matters not one jot whether you believe as such the chances are your family was steeped in those morals over generations and it hasn’t done you much harm.

Juddian:
the chances are your family was steeped in those morals over generations and it hasn’t done you much harm.

Ill dispute that. Those who are raised in strict religious backgrounds could suffer because of it. And morals exist outside of religion. Is "being steeped in a religion" not a polite way of saying being unduly influenced by one way of thought, by the exclusion of others? If we dont see other religions, colours of skin, life choices, as kids, wont we be less tolerant of difference when we later on encounter those different from our "norms"? Being "steeped" in one thing must mean a lack of variety and I would ague a likely lack of tolerance for others. The individual will suffer by being not open to new thoughts and experiences, and society as a whole will suffer from having narrow minded individuals within it. I dont want to live in a place where some go to a strict madrasa, nor a strict convent school.
Any and all religious education should be limited to time outside of any and all educational establishments.
Educating kids in a tolerant, non secular environment, will help avoid the “steeping” you seem to be relaxed about, but I see as potentially harmful.

Juddian:
Might be interesting to see how many who profess disbelieve at best, through disdain up to outright hostility to Christianity/Jewry, were married in church and why, surely not using the church when it suits?

As for religion in general, though keeping it to the Christian religions as saying the wrong about other faiths might see you in deep doo doo (and those who take the ■■■■ of Christians and openly hostile to Jews are for some reason pretty quiet around one other faith), whatever one may think of the main faiths, the morals and rules laid out which many of us were raised on and some still adhere too, wasn’t a bad set of life beliefs, a code if you like, it matters not one jot whether you believe as such the chances are your family was steeped in those morals over generations and it hasn’t done you much harm.

I’m not married Juddian, I have a partner of many many years. I always made it clear I would never marry as I don’t feel I have to prostrate my self in front of a some one else’s deity in order to confirm my life as valid.
It’s interesting that you focus on the “main” religions and mention how they work well in our lives, how does that tally with the lives of those under Islam, there you have a religion whose many different interpretations aren’t really going well are they, not for those of a different faith, not for women or indeed the focus of this topic.
Maybe we could talk about the Catholic religion in relation to this topic, should be fun.
You see Juddian, my personal belief is that in this day and age for a religion to scorn women for being women, to suggest you are not acceptable unless you are married, to suggest that you are not acceptable because you are gay is simply abhorrent.
We are where we are in this modern day precisely because people have stepped up and challenged those very “morals” you say we should be glad to be steeped in, challenged the very basics of religion and it’s grip on society in order that people who are gay are equal, you can live your life without marriage, as a female you are equal etc etc.
Juddian, you can argue with me until I draw my final breath about religion, but as someone who was born with a young single, but engaged, Irish Catholic mum and who because of the “shame” was taken from my mum, after she was forced over to England, and given to a wealthy middle class English family, I have a dim view religion and it’s control. It’s all about fear in my opinion.
However, as I’ve grown up I see how some need it and believe it, so I have to respect that on a mutual level, but try to tell me I should be thankful, nope sorry. I’m just thankful it’s being challenged and life is better for it.
Why is it I end up with big paragraphs when answering Juddian, he has some kind of Jedi keyboard power :grimacing: :grimacing:

Juddian:

Guilty Juddian !
I WAS married in church, even at 25 yrs old I was still appeasing my parent’s attitudes at that stage in my life, I would much have preferred to move in with my girlfriend as she was then
Would I today have done it as I did then?.. No.

I have 4 kids , 2 of them are living with their partners with children, much to the initial disapprovement of my parents (who eventually came round to it) one is married (in church) one is single.
I would not dream of pressurising or advocating them to do something just because it fits in with my opinions.

As for using the church when it suits?
I have nothing against the church to boycott it as such, I attend weddings and funerals, but that is as far as it goes these days.

The only reason this discussion led to religion was because somebody on here used the Bible to strengthen and justify a point…which just annoys the hell out of me tbh. :smiling_imp:

robroy:
Btw I have a CSE in RK

LOL!..

Hard to argue when a man has those kinda kwailifkayshuns. :smiley:

ok back to the discussion