Brakes

Anyone done work for Brakes Logistics?

havnt heard of brakes logistics, i have however worked for brakes brothers & the work is very stressfull. Was meant to do 4 days but 2 was enough!!
Probably 2 different companies but not sure!!

You’re right Brake Brothers is what i meant, Thanks.

My personal opinion is avoid this company like the plague!!!
When i worked for this company i was sent out with about 25 drops all over the place. Not only that but at most of the drops you have to wheel full cages through offices, in lifts & i even had to unload cages & carry boxes up flights of stairs where there was no lifts.
You have so many drops to do & so much messing around at each drop that taking your tacho breaks is near impossible!!! Most of the drivers i spoke to put their tachos on break while unloading & this is done on a regular basis.
Some routes may be easier then the ones i got given but im not sure.
If you like working continuous for 12 - 14 hrs a day then go for it but i would be careful. I suppose different areas might do things differently as i worked for Brakes at the thorpe industrial estate, runneymede borough, south east england.
Goodluck with it mate.
P.S that was driving a class 2 rigid not class 1 work.

Do a search on here (and on the PDF) for Brakes and 3663, as there are a number of postings. They are similar companies to work for (IME). Early starts, hard (physical) work and lots of drops. You may like it; I don’t.

Wasn’t it one of thier’s that came to grief on the central reservatiuon of the M1 j36 to 37 the other morning ?

Dooby, Brakes is a killer, shop deliveries, either in cages or palletised, but as most of the storage is in back of shop or even sometimes upstairs, you have to handball it into the storage area, you cant just leave it at front of shop. I’ve done a few times on agency, and belive me you earn every penny. If you got another option I’d forget Brakes.
Good luck whatever you decide

done class 1 work for them on agency, day work was welcome break services
i.e burton wood services west and east then i think the name was shardlow east then west , you did the shops, forecourts , hotel[ at one ] and burger king.once youd got where you went sorted out i didnt find it too bad but then again i was only doing one day a week [ saturday ] and not 5/6.
night trunk work was very easy i.e down to yate nr bristol , reverse on bay and wait in cab whilst being tipped.
this was 2 yrs ago so may have changed.
did one class 2 and that was a night trunk to peterlee, change trucks and back, one of the easist nights ive had

knight:
Wasn’t it one of thier’s that came to grief on the central reservatiuon of the M1 j36 to 37 the other morning ?

yes it was knight.
made a mess of the barrier and the truck.
do you know what caused it and if the driver is ok ?

Don’t know if this is any use to you know but I think its one of those ‘each to there own’ places. If you don’t mind hard graft then its probably for you.

Brakes IMO are probably the worst of the food suppliers as they are loseing contracts left right and centre and rely on small non-branded units for buisness. Some depots do schools and nurseing homes etc, these are usually very tight and no fun in a 18 tonner!

I ment to do a diary as I worked for them this weekend but non of the photos came out as the batteries in me camera were flat.