Brake Bros? What do you know?

I was talking to a driver today said he gets 28 days holiday a year free BUPA and has had a bad week if hes done more than 50 hours a week .

I know they do multi drop in the day and i WONT be doing that if they are ok, but i hear they do a lot of trunking on night shift and that would interest, me theres a depot near me just womndered if anyone had any experience of them■■?..

Most of the drops are hotels, pubs, cafes and restuarants. with anything from a tin of industrial baked beans to a rather large dose of salt.

I dont know about the trunk as I presumed outside hauliers brought supplies into them.

Mainly it is a telesales company suppliing the restaurant trade. They have depots in France too, called Brake Bros (France) :exclamation:

i know there still after drivers at yate near bristol after about 2 years now becuase theres a big sign attatched to the roof advertising.

but it clubs pubs resterants ,town centre deliveries parking on double yellows getting parking tickets abuse from motorists because you parked your truck in there orange badge zone :wink:

jon

jonboy:
but it clubs pubs resterants ,town centre deliveries parking on double yellows getting parking tickets abuse from motorists because you parked your truck in there orange badge zone :wink:

jon

And you will probably have to fight off do gooders like Chris Eubank :stuck_out_tongue:

The lads on nights seem happy enough at Grantham. Mainley depot to depot trunking. Not sure of pay etc but they seem happy enough. The Scotch trunking is done by Leetrans and that seems to be pretty good too.

Martin

dont know about the trunk as I presumed outside hauliers brought supplies into them.

They make their own stuff (ready meals etc) so they still have to shift goods about between different factories and depots, i think they still have people bring in the raw ingredients though.

I looked into it a while back, their Head office is down here. Aparently they were a wonderful company to work for when it was actually ‘Brake bros’ but since it’s been sold off by the brakes and bought by an American firm it’s gone to pot. No team work, treat you like dirt, you get paid 8 hours but are expected to work nearer 12 or 14. Aparently they went from 11 tonners to 17 tonners, which were then too big to fit into the narrow streets of say Canterbury old city, so you had to park outside and barrow everything for miles.
Then there is of course the parking on double yellows in city centres and geting abuse as mentioned above.

the 1 here in leicester is advertising through clearstone, you have to work every saturday (day of in week) 6 leg 26tonners i have drove for them on agency on the multi drop stuff and i hated it :laughing: :laughing:

but full time days is 400 a week + ot

shaun:
the 1 here in leicester is advertising through clearstone, you have to work every saturday (day of in week) 6 leg 26tonners i have drove for them on agency on the multi drop stuff and i hated it :laughing: :laughing:

but full time days is 400 a week + ot

I did a job for them too and also hated it. Never again.

£400 p/w all well and good, but how many hours do you have to work for that?

believe this or not …a large retailer is sniffing around to buy them

hitch:

Yep tis true. We supply the “retailer” out of our frozen store direct on the brakes contract

hitch:

Shall we beat around the bush or tell each other who it is?.

according to a manager i know Tesco