Bling

Evening. As ever, a touchy subject on here. Just read a post where Garry George and others were recieving grief about their accessories fitted to their truck.

As per norm the jealous card gets held up at some point. Are they really jealous? Surely not?

all 3 probably. takes a lot of effort to keep all that shineyness.

My kawasaki drifter has a fair bit of chrome on it though :smiley:

Steve-o:

No tassled curtains?

MR VAIN:

Steve-o:

No tassled curtains?

Hmm that would be an interesting mod… will a hivis flapping in the wind do as a comprimise? :laughing:

If its “Your” truck in that you own it then fair doos if you want to do it up to look good then in my opinion thats fine.
If you gaffer owns it and your moneys spent on bling then well you really need a reality check.

MR VAIN:

Steve-o:

No tassled curtains?

i’m on holiday at the moment but when i go back next week ive got these to fit :grimacing: :grimacing:

Bling don’t pay my bills.

Besides. I’m an agency driver, but when I used to be an employee, I still wouldn’t bling up a truck that didn’t belong to me.

Ken.

I’ve never been one to have a go at those who don’t put things in their trucks or don’t clean them. So don’t have a go at me. I’m lucky that my boss gets everything for mine, but I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. I’ve always loved trucks since I was a kid. That’s why I do the job. You may think I’m sad doing the truckfest thing, spending hours polishing, but that side of the job is my hobby. No different to someone flying model airplanes, tinkering with old cars or bikes, fishing s and m or anything else u do with your spare time. I don’t go up to a stamp collector and call him sad, I keep my opinion to my self, so please do the same. Rant over, now where did I put that cloth

I think those with blinged up trucks generally seem to have a bit more of an interest in the job they are doing (can only base this off my own experience of course)

There are many drivers who just see it as a tool to do the job and thats fine. There are those in between and those who are a mix of the two. I do sometimes think that some are jealous of a bit of bling but thats their opinion and thats fine.

Alex

OVLOV JAY:
I’ve never been one to have a go at those who don’t put things in their trucks or don’t clean them. So don’t have a go at me. I’m lucky that my boss gets everything for mine, but I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. I’ve always loved trucks since I was a kid. That’s why I do the job. You may think I’m sad doing the truckfest thing, spending hours polishing, but that side of the job is my hobby. No different to someone flying model airplanes, tinkering with old cars or bikes, fishing s and m or anything else u do with your spare time. I don’t go up to a stamp collector and call him sad, I keep my opinion to my self, so please do the same. Rant over, now where did I put that cloth

Each to his own and live and let live i say!!
after all these drivers spend the whole week in their wagons and they are entitled to make their “HOMES” comfortable and looking smart ,so fair play to em in my opinion.

Live and let live, but I always enjoyed to bling the truck a bit up.
More to put my personal stamp on it, use to be less than 12 weekends home, so it was much more my home than my house was.

Maybe it’s sad, but I don’t mind to be a sad B*****, not a problem, if enjoy myself why would it be a problem.

But one question always comes to my mind, when my car or truck is immaculate and blinged up, what is the problem for anybody else.
Would these people find it alright if I moaned about that they should wash their truck, I guess they would tell me to mind my own business, or something like that.
People irritate me when they use to go on to me that " you spend a fortune on equipment in somebody elses truck" but they would spend 2.5 grand on a telly what they would only use 2x a week in the living room, i didn’t get it.

I guess they would like to do the same, but for whatever reason its not possible…maybe that is SAD :frowning:

Well known for not liking bling but having said that some is very good as in not over the top type, its ok if its polished this and that etc but spose my biggest gripe is those who “restrict” their vision either frontward or sideways .Its bad enough driving around with all the pop up idiots etc so why restrict your vision even more? often see day cabs :open_mouth: with the tassel curtains and pelmet !!! why? unless you sleep across the seats at nights and want to feel mega trucker like :unamused: . as with some (owner drivers excepted) unless your boss pay why do it. I have done tramping on and off for 40 years but never felt i needed all that trash in me windows.
Some of the best motors i have seen around were “blinged up” for drivers comfort as in cookers/fridges/tv etc and kept well clean an polished which is a credit to the driver and some were a downright disgrace . :wink: Also as in the comments “making it like your home”, how many homes have in the front window "truck flags/wobbly silver ladies/dream chasers/bull spears/name plates/and any other such stuff, bet the wife wouldn’t appreciate it but would appreciate the same effort in doing house work :smiley:
as a by
I watched a “trucker” walk across a motorway lorry park the other day,
When he took his stetson off briefly he was bald as a coot but had a long ponytail.leather waistcoat, skintight jeans with large belt buckle,cowboy boots with BIG heels big big mirror type sunglasses . aged about 55 fat short but in his defence

NO HI VIZ :laughing: :laughing:

NO WONDER WE ARE TYPECAST :unamused:

each too there own, i do like too see a tastefully blinged truck, and if the driver has dipped his hand in his own pocket too bling up the company truck then thats his choice

Can I put my 2 pence worth in please…

Most drivers think the truck is only a tool to earn money and spend 5 minutes at the end of each week washing it with the steam cleaner so close to the paintwork to get the flys off it nearly strips the paint !!!

On the other hand there is a minority that love the truck they drive, spend hours every week washing, waxing & polishing every inch of it.

On my company these are the ones that drive the FH16’s, 620 V8’s Scanias, DAF 105’s, These trucks have got, light bars, alloy wheels, air con pods, microwave’s fridges etc etc etc, Most of It we pay for, but the drivers do put alot of their own cash into it !!

These drivers need looking after as they are hard to find… Thankfully I have got a few of them.

but the drivers do put alot of their own cash into it !!

sorry :unamused: :unamused: why pay for something you dont own, so you go to work to spend your hard earned cash on your bosses truck instead of your family
the sums/logic just don’t add up
i work hard and every penny i earn goes to me and mine and I get MORE satisfaction than driving a blinged up truck.
its called priorities i think and the reason anyone goes to work. not to make your bosses truck look better ,thats his job.
if the firm wants to bling bling the the very best of luck to them and a good job they do. but please please dont ask me ever to spend my money on your truck cos i wont.i just dont understand why you prefer to spend money on the firms truck than your family.
ok look after the firms equipment and keep it clean but thats all.

Well done guys, my faith is restored. A good sensible discussion.

Just my thought on drivers spending on someone elses motor. You’d probably be surprised to learn that i never spent money on anyones truck or polished it. Only once i owned my own i started. (If i ever go back to being employed it might be a different story!) I know a driver that has spent thousands on his employers motor. His logic? Some pay rent for a council house, decorate it and do the garden. He ain’t got a council house, he has a Scania. His money, his choice. Can’t fault him.

gezt:
sorry why pay for something you dont own, so you go to work to spend your hard earned cash on your bosses truck instead of your family
i work hard and every penny i earn goes to me and mine and I get MORE satisfaction than driving a blinged up truck.
its called priorities i think and the reason anyone goes to work. not to make your bosses truck look better ,thats his job.
if the firm wants to bling bling the the very best of luck to them and a good job they do. but please please dont ask me ever to spend my money on your truck cos i wont.i just dont understand why you prefer to spend money on the firms truck than your family.

I understand what you are saying as I have a family that depend on what I earn, But on the other hand my drivers stay away for a month at a time, earn a half decent wage, and after the rent is paid the kids are fed with clothes on their back, why can’t they spend some left over cash on the truck they live in for weeks on end !!!

I dont force them to spend anything… The sort of drivers that we are talking about are a different breed. If they take a week off the truck will stay in the yard !!

WhiteWhiteWhite:

gezt:
sorry why pay for something you dont own, so you go to work to spend your hard earned cash on your bosses truck instead of your family

I understand what you are saying as I have a family that depend on what I earn, But on the other hand my drivers stay away for a month at a time, earn a half decent wage, and after the rent is paid the kids are fed with clothes on their back, why can’t they spend some left over cash on the truck they live in for weeks on end !!!

I dont force them to spend anything… The sort of drivers that we are talking about are a different breed. If they take a week off the truck will stay in the yard !!

So, when you sell the truck do they get a cut?

If you don’t like it, don’t do it, simple as that :unamused:

Everyone has different tastes, so you get those that do it tastefully & those that bolt on every conceivable extra, so what if Gary George likes a bit of bling, Gregorys paint their motors brown FFS.

Me? I blinged up my F16, never really bothered before or after that, until I got my Peterbilt, now I’ve added a few bits & bobs, the boss pays for it all, so i’m lucky, I want to swap the stacks for straight pipes, but he won’t swallow that cost, but if I buy the truck, it’ll be one of the first things I do, my money, my choice :wink:

I take great pride in my truck and in doing my job, but i’m most proud of my wife and 2 kids, I like to spend a small amount of my own money on truck stuff, if i can make something for less than buying it, then all the better, but i always use the rule of, it only goes on if it can be removed without leaving holes, unless agreed with the boss, that’l he’l pay me for it if i leave, truck sold etc, my family doesnt go without, they do ok, built a big house last year, in process of building garage and 2 stables for our horse and pony,(not old ■■■■■■■■ either) which will graze in our field, but this is only because i’v worked hard since i left school, bought and sold a couple of houses etc, so everyones circumstances are different, so you cant say that its right or wrong, if i wasnt well off then family comes first, but i’m fortunate enough to have it both ways.