£4000 on bling for your truck

Talking to one of my mates the other day , and he was on about one of the blokes at the place where he used to work , he said that this bloke had spent 4grand of his own cash on bling for his truck . Now I know this subject has been done to death on here but I was staggered at the sum this fella has spent , and the trucks he’s spent the dosh on is only a lease motor and will be going back after 3 years . :open_mouth: can anybody top that figure ?

I got suckered into a timeshare once and almost spent 5 grand, luckily I cancelled in time much to the annoyance of the high pressure reps. The wife had to threaten to hit one of em… good times.

Oh and ive easily blown 10k on lapdancers, and about 2k on being blown.

A bloke you used to know was telling you about someone HE used to know spending £4K?
Sounds like the old chinese whispers in full flow to me.
What probably happened was the guy paid for some spotlights and a bottle of alloy polish and by the time its worked its way through the truck stops and the RDCs its grown wings and tails

Whenever I see trucks blinged up I’m not impressed, I immediately think ‘terrrwat’

I done a week in this boys truck once when he was away on his hols (owner driver so it was his own money on his own truck) , It was lit up like a xmas tree, I felt embarrassed a truck stops. LOL. he also had it immaculate inside and I seemed to spend most of the week cleaning my hands with baby wipes and making sure my boots were clean, a very uncomfortable week.

Reckon snowman has the truth of it.

Can’t see the point myself, certainly not a ‘company’ motor.

If I had my own motor then I’d go more for equipping it with things like the best seat on the market, decent mattress, microwave and stuff like that, maybe some high spots to get rid of the ‘black holes’ you have on hilly roads at night but you can sod off with the chrome and fairy lights.

Loads of bling on a truck is not really my thing, but when I was younger, much younger, :smiley: I spent an absolute fortune on customising my motorbike, now I know I owned the bike, but if I’d sold it I’d never have got back anything like the money I spent on it, I do still have it, as its in my brother in laws barn where it’s sat for about 15 years, honestly I’ll rebuild it one day. :laughing:

I know other people who buy new cars, yes they own the car, but they lose thousands as soon as they’ve got it and then there are those who each year spend thousands on holiday. All they get is a tan, loads of photos, a few tatty souvenirs and memories.

Now the point to my ramblings, we probably all spend money on stuff where we’ll never see a return on it, but it brings us enjoyment and the fact it’s a truck and not owned by you seems irrelevant. If it’s ok with the boss and it’s your thing so what.

As for £4k on a lease motor? how much of the bling and extra stuff would it be possible to remove and keep, or put on or in your next truck?

Fella I know drives a SSC Daf for Montgomery,
had photos on FB last week showing the new lights that he said cost £3.5k.
Don’t think Montgomery’s bling up their trucks for drivers!!!

The-Snowman:
A bloke you used to know was telling you about someone HE used to know spending £4K?
What probably happened was the guy paid for some spotlights and a bottle of alloy polish and by the time its worked its way through the truck stops and the RDCs its grown wings and tails

Who said anything about a bloke I used to know ? Suggest u read it again chief

SuperMultiBlue:
Whenever I see trucks blinged up I’m not impressed, I immediately think ‘terrrwat’

I would rather see a bit of bling than a name plate in the window.

You weren’t driving our 6wheeler then? :laughing:

Bluey Circles:
I done a week in this boys truck once when he was away on his hols (owner driver so it was his own money on his own truck) , It was lit up like a xmas tree, I felt embarrassed a truck stops. LOL. he also had it immaculate inside and I seemed to spend most of the week cleaning my hands with baby wipes and making sure my boots were clean, a very uncomfortable week.

When I was doing a bit of agency for Jewsons driver there spent over a grand on bling for his motor , Rigid Class 2 HIAB thing bizarre, washed it everyday at the end of shift it was his baby.

The-Snowman:

Yep ,i lie flys round the world before the truth puts its boots on :exclamation: ,i bet the bloke only bought a pack of 3 magic trees :laughing:

The guy that used to drive te SNT bullnose spent over 10k of his own money tarting it up…he then fell out with the gaffer and left the company :laughing:

It was shuttlesspanker that posted this a few year ago

largebloke1969:

The-Snowman:

Wow. Pernickity and pedantic much?
Ok, it was your mate and not someone you used to know.
Excuse me all over the place. Its still chinese whispers

don’t see the point of it myself unless its your own truck,

I know one that has spent £7000

The best one what makes me laugh is drivers who forfit holidays for bling. ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The-Snowman:

largebloke1969:

The-Snowman:

Wow. Pernickity and pedantic much?
Ok, it was your mate and not someone you used to know.
Excuse me all over the place. Its still chinese whispers

now I could get a pic of said vehicle and post it on here but to be honest I can’t be arsed :unamused:

All I have spent is a few quid on wipes for the steering wheel,gearstick and anything else I have to touch after other drivers have scratched their arse/sneezed and pecked their nose all day the day before.