£4000 on bling for your truck

Years ago one of our drivers fitted a Union Jack sunvisor,then he got the sack and went to remove his sunvisor till Fred,the boss asked him what he
planned to do with the holes since he didn’t want them needless to say sunvisor remained on the vehicle.

I bought a bungee cord. It was a quid.

happysack:
I bought a bungee cord. It was a quid.

You was robbed :open_mouth: i paid 99p for mine :grimacing: :grimacing:

Mine was heavy duty though. I don’t buy cheap tat.

happysack:
Mine was heavy duty though. I don’t buy cheap tat.

Ha Ha :laughing: :laughing:

Just to throw a rat into the coup. When I see a blinged up truck I look at it and genuinely think “that’s pretty ■■■■ cool”. It has to be to my taste. I don’t like themed paintwork, power rangers, terminator, battle of Britain and all the rest. Just don’t like themed paint jobs. I think they look Childish and look like bad tattoos for lorries. But a nice paint job, alloy stacks and wheels, lights up the fairing , thought out well; and I’ve always thought it looks pretty mean and classy. Thinking Geoff Gilbert Inernational or Thorburns as the all time favourites for me.

I did always think “I hope the driver hasn’t had to pay for that”. Gilbert’s didn’t charge the drivers. The motors were provided in that condition. The yard itself was in the same pristine condition as the wagons.

Got no problem with drivers blinging it up, I just hope they can remove it all when the truck gets replaced!

where can i find myself one of these drivers :grimacing:

We have a tramping VAN are our place, and his 26t’er is embarrassing, I wouldn’t be seen buggered in it! :open_mouth:
And I’m agency! :grimacing:

I’m sure he has spent a few thousand on it, but I’m too frightened to ask…
I don’t want to appear interested and get bored crapless! :laughing:

Where I work our aircraft are blinged up enough. Fancy paint, vinyl icons down the nose like bombers. Not as bling as Virgin Atlantic 747s in their metallic Pantone red and flying bikini ladies but still very bling. Funnily enough no one asks, “did you pay for that drive”? :laughing:

Apparently a guy at my new place has spent 9k.

I’ve only been there a week but a few drivers have mentioned it. Yet to see it.

Freight Dog:
Just to throw a rat into the coup. When I see a blinged up truck I look at it and genuinely think “that’s pretty ■■■■ cool”. It has to be to my taste. I don’t like themed paintwork, power rangers, terminator, battle of Britain and all the rest. Just don’t like themed paint jobs. I think they look Childish and look like bad tattoos for lorries. But a nice paint job, alloy stacks and wheels, lights up the fairing , thought out well; and I’ve always thought it looks pretty mean and classy. Thinking Geoff Gilbert Inernational or Thorburns as the all time favourites for me.

I did always think “I hope the driver hasn’t had to pay for that”. Gilbert’s didn’t charge the drivers. The motors were provided in that condition. The yard itself was in the same pristine condition as the wagons.

+1 ref the themed trucks,as regards taste,a nice shiny black or red paintwork with some chrome,now that’s my kind of vehicle

red7jase:
Apparently a guy at my new place has spent 9k.

I’ve only been there a week but a few drivers have mentioned it. Yet to see it.

Find him and kill him before he breeds :open_mouth:

truckman020:

Freight Dog:

+1 ref the themed trucks,as regards taste,a nice shiny black or red paintwork with some chrome,now that’s my kind of vehicle

I was in slight awe of Thorburns Scanias when first saw a 143 roll up the lane next to me on the M6 in 2002. Jet black units with chrome stacks and the trailers were fantastic in their design. The “Thorburn” in an arc across the back with lights at the top. Just looked, well -mean as hell and in a classy, old fashioned way. For all their faults they came up with a stunning looking unique fleet.

tango boy:
The best one what makes me laugh is drivers who forfit holidays for bling. [zb] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I turned down a job a a well known spud haulier who told me I could use my holidays to pay for bits on the lorry. The blind arse had the audacity to add there was a wating list! I didn’t darken their doorstep again. My bent double laughter outside the office whilst clamoring my way back to the car raised a few eyebrows.

Doesn’t dampen my enjoyment when I see a nice motor to my taste. I always wanted to drive for GG who were local to me and knew they treated you well, paid well and provided classy tackle. What put me off was it was euro work and I had my eye firmly on the prize and wanted to be home every weekend to go flying in my spare time as a hobby. That and nob my then girlfriend, she didn’t last long. She said between my odd mix of trucks and aircraft there wasn’t much time for her. Right she was :laughing:

Freight Dog:
Where I work our aircraft are blinged up enough. Fancy paint, vinyl icons down the nose like bombers. Not as bling as Virgin Atlantic 747s in their metallic Pantone red and flying bikini ladies but still very bling. Funnily enough no one asks, “did you pay for that drive”? :laughing:

But it’s not a Scania V8 with an R500■■■ or V8■■■ reg number plate with a million watt lights though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

Freight Dog:

But it’s not a Scania V8 with an R500■■■ or V8■■■ reg number plate with a million watt lights though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

True! Were the R500 reg Scanias Thorburns? I had a moment of madness about 6 years ago. A jet black 143 with a R500 reg came up for sale. I nearly bloody put a cash offer in to buy the thing but my misses got a right hump. She quite rightly asked what where would I keep it etc. women

747s are particularly truck like. You climb down the ladder from the sterile flight deck onto the main freight deck, out the door and down 20 feet of external steps and onto the Tarmac and realise the beast lives and hisses. They smell of burnt rubber after landing and if you walk round one after said landing the 16 breaked main wheels are too hot to stand near with heat haze rising from them, the engines usually are creaking and smoking heavily from the rear like big guns, from giving it some gas on the reversers. There’s normally a nice whiff of fuel and oil too. Pleases my trucker instinct :laughing:

Don’t care what he spends. I spend a tenner a day on ■■■■, which is arguably a far more pointless hobby than his.

the maoster:
I spend a tenner a day on ■■■■.

I didn’t realise rent boys were so cheap.

Wardaddy:

the maoster:
I spend a tenner a day on ■■■■.

I didn’t realise rent boys were so cheap.

Now you know you can afford them, are you thinking of giving them a go ? :wink:
Regards. John.