£4000 on bling for your truck

old 67:

Wardaddy:

the maoster:
I spend a tenner a day on ■■■■.

I didn’t realise rent boys were so cheap.

Now you know you can afford them, are you thinking of giving them a go ? :wink:
Regards. John.

The people in power and the church are having a go, why can’t the rest of us have a crack?

Freight Dog:
747s are particularly truck like. You climb down the ladder from the sterile flight deck onto the main freight deck, out the door and down 20 feet of external steps and onto the Tarmac and realise the beast lives and hisses. They smell of burnt rubber after landing and if you walk round one after said landing the 16 breaked main wheels are too hot to stand near with heat haze rising from them, the engines usually are creaking and smoking heavily from the rear like big guns, from giving it some gas on the reversers. There’s normally a nice whiff of fuel and oil too. Pleases my trucker instinct :laughing:

Completely off topic, but, do big planes like 747s have ignition keys? I have never heard an airport announcement saying the plane will be delayed cause the pilot has left the keys on the kitchen table and is now stuck in the roadworks on the A47… But do they have a set of keys like a truck or a car. Or are they more like a bicycle and just have a D lock you shove through the wheel …

Wardaddy:

the maoster:

I don’t need a whole one, half will do. Why tf would I want to talk to it too?

truckman020:

Freight Dog:
Just to throw a rat into the coup. When I see a blinged up truck I look at it and genuinely think “that’s pretty ■■■■ cool”. It has to be to my taste. I don’t like themed paintwork, power rangers, terminator, battle of Britain and all the rest. Just don’t like themed paint jobs. I think they look Childish and look like bad tattoos for lorries. But a nice paint job, alloy stacks and wheels, lights up the fairing , thought out well; and I’ve always thought it looks pretty mean and classy. Thinking Geoff Gilbert Inernational or Thorburns as the all time favourites for me.

I did always think “I hope the driver hasn’t had to pay for that”. Gilbert’s didn’t charge the drivers. The motors were provided in that condition. The yard itself was in the same pristine condition as the wagons.

+1 ref the themed trucks,as regards taste,a nice shiny black or red paintwork with some chrome,now that’s my kind of vehicle

got both lol :laughing: :laughing:

Big Truck:
Fella I know drives a SSC Daf for Montgomery,
had photos on FB last week showing the new lights that he said cost £3.5k.
Don’t think Montgomery’s bling up their trucks for drivers!!!

A blinged up montys truck would need to be as scarce as a glider with a v8 engine…has anyone ever seen one? do they exist? does lord lucan drive it? and wouldn’t it look like ■■■■■ anyway with montys logos all over it anyway? same as mc burneys…they don’t suit bling,it would be like polishing a turd. some companys lvery just doesnt suit bling.same as stobrats…they just look like dung.

Radar19:

old 67:

Wardaddy:

the maoster:

Now you know you can afford them, are you thinking of giving them a go ? :wink:
Regards. John.

The people in power and the church are having a go, why can’t the rest of us have a crack?

:open_mouth: wot, arse crack ■■?

ps. the truck I had I bought of British telecoms, so had all the bling I wanted !! bloody thing was yellow and british leyland to boot, so the less noticeable it was the better I liked the rubbish heap of dung !! but the electric operated raising curtains were novel :imp:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

A blinged up montys truck would need to be as scarce as a glider with a v8 engine…has anyone ever seen one? do they exist? does lord lucan drive it? and wouldn’t it look like [zb] anyway with montys logos all over it anyway? same as mc burneys…they don’t suit bling,it would be like polishing a turd. some companys lvery just doesnt suit bling.same as stobrats…they just look like dung.

Montys have one of those limited edition r730 scania’s. I only ever seen it the once, to be fair it looked like a smart motor, it was closely followed by a smart looking 143 and a host of other old trucks of theres, this was a good few months ago, probably heading to a truck show.

burnley-si:
where can i find myself one of these drivers :grimacing:

I’m that keen to be an owner driver I’ll even supply the truck aswell as the bling !!!
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Some trucks look great all blingy, some look OTT, personally I couldn’t care less who spends what on whoever’s unit, not my business unless they’ve got crap draped all over the windows obscuring my vision! However, I’d much rather use one which is taken pride in than some of the ■■■■-tips people seem to think is fine to leave for the next driver.

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

A blinged up montys truck would need to be as scarce as a glider with a v8 engine…has anyone ever seen one? do they exist? does lord lucan drive it? and wouldn’t it look like [zb] anyway with montys logos all over it anyway? same as mc burneys…they don’t suit bling,it would be like polishing a turd. some companys lvery just doesnt suit bling.same as stobrats…they just look like dung.

Yea it exists he came into our place last week to pick a trailer up ,

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

DD999,
Behold and cower down in shock & awe :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: :

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater

I personally have spent quite a bit on ‘bling’ for the truck I drive both inside and out not quite 4k but Wont be far away when I have finished I expect, I don’t do it for anybody else I do it purely for the fact I like it and I like it to look different from the rest of the fleet, I’m the only person that drives it don’t think the boss has been out in it yet, but when it goes everything I bought will be coming off it, don’t care what anyone else’s opinions are about it cos everyone has different hobbies I just take a lot of pride in what I drive, I will now go and hide in a corner and await whatever gets thrown at me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Update on the blinged up Monty SSC Daf XF:
He indeed did spend £3.5k on the lights but it was “backdoor” money from HMRC.
He’d submitted the “tax back” forms to CW Business Logistics and got £4k back dated PAYE expenses!!!

Big Truck:
He’d submitted the “tax back” forms to CW Business Logistics and got £4k back dated PAYE expenses!!!

So his missus is thinking of a nice cruise round the Med and he spends it all on spotlights :laughing:

chaversdad:

Big Truck:

So his missus is thinking of a nice cruise round the Med and he spends it all on spotlights [emoji38]

Ain’t married and has 2014 Shotgun at home only done 5k since new.
Does 2/3wks out for Monty,
BONKERS!!!

Would have bought a nice wee MX5 Mazda myself!!![emoji6]

[/quote]
DD999,
Behold and cower down in shock & awe :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: :

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater
[/quote]
consider me suitably awestruck,and cowering in me boots…you cant say its not a nice truck…I bet hes popular with the lads… :wink:

Why do scanias seem to attract the bling boys?

Bluey Circles:

Freight Dog:
747s are particularly truck like. You climb down the ladder from the sterile flight deck onto the main freight deck, out the door and down 20 feet of external steps and onto the Tarmac and realise the beast lives and hisses. They smell of burnt rubber after landing and if you walk round one after said landing the 16 breaked main wheels are too hot to stand near with heat haze rising from them, the engines usually are creaking and smoking heavily from the rear like big guns, from giving it some gas on the reversers. There’s normally a nice whiff of fuel and oil too. Pleases my trucker instinct :laughing:

Completely off topic, but, do big planes like 747s have ignition keys? I have never heard an airport announcement saying the plane will be delayed cause the pilot has left the keys on the kitchen table and is now stuck in the roadworks on the A47… But do they have a set of keys like a truck or a car. Or are they more like a bicycle and just have a D lock you shove through the wheel …

No ignition keys, no D lock. Just waiting to be knicked :laughing:

phantom309:
I personally have spent quite a bit on ‘bling’ for the truck I drive both inside and out not quite 4k but Wont be far away when I have finished I expect, I don’t do it for anybody else I do it purely for the fact I like it and I like it to look different from the rest of the fleet, I’m the only person that drives it don’t think the boss has been out in it yet, but when it goes everything I bought will be coming off it, don’t care what anyone else’s opinions are about it cos everyone has different hobbies I just take a lot of pride in what I drive, I will now go and hide in a corner and await whatever gets thrown at me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Each to his own, whatever turns you on, your cash, nobody’s business… etc etc.
Said before on here, it aint my cup of tea mate… apart from spending on in-cab comforts for myself.
I leave the boss to invest in his co. assets, I aint interested in raising his co.'s profile that is down to him.

The only gripe I have with guys like you on these threads is the implication that you ALL make. That is… if you aint mad enough to spend half your wage on the motor you drive, you take no pride in it,… that is complete ■■■■■■■■, you don’t need to spend half of your wages to take pride.

btw. Have you checked with your boss his views on your intention to remove all your stuff and leave holes and marks on his 70k motor if/when you leave.

robroy:

phantom309:

Each to his own, whatever turns you on, your cash, nobody’s business… etc etc.
Said before on here, it aint my cup of tea mate… apart from spending on in-cab comforts for myself.
I leave the boss to invest in his co. assets, I aint interested in raising his co.'s profile that is down to him.

The only gripe I have with guys like you on these threads is the implication that you ALL make. That is… if you aint mad enough to spend half your wage on the motor you drive, you take no pride in it,… that is complete ■■■■■■■■, you don’t need to spend half of your wages to take pride.

btw. Have you checked with your boss his views on your intention to remove all your stuff and leave holes and marks on his 70k motor if/when you leave.

The majority of exterior bits are fitted using existing bolt holes that is my bosses only thing no drilling into the cab as long as he’s happy with what I do I’m happy