tassly curtains
dream thingys
big scania/daf lights at back of interior cab
chrome all over
string lights
name platesfancy anything else
cowboy boots/hats/american country music
and all that crap
why oh why do people feel the need to spend their hard earned cash on that stuff, why can you not treat you wagon as a work place which you sleep/live in and get the IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE FRIDGE/COOLBOX ETC and kettle an stuff. save your money for things to do with your family and stuff.
its a truck for christ’s sake
give your undivided attention and money to yous family
my family are all step kids etc but they are more important than doing my truck up
i will never understand some of you guys spending brass on your bosse’s truck, ok if your an owner driver your choice.
`
now i duck and wait for a right slagging off from some of of you

Couldn’t agree more.

When I was an employee driver,whatever I earned,went into my pocket,not the gaffers with shiney things on his truck.

Ken.

You’re in the thing most of the day for a large part of the week; you may as well get it looking/functioning how you want. It’s your home for the time you’re in it; why not customise it to your liking?

MrPanther:
You’re in the thing most of the day for a large part of the week; you may as well get it looking/functioning how you want. It’s your home for the time you’re in it; why not customise it to your liking?

But why should you pay for things to put on a vehicle that’s not yours,and never will be?

Ken.

Here Here gezt. Give that man a gold star :laughing: . Rather you take the flak than me, I can’t understand it either :imp:

MrPanther:

but at what cost.
where do you draw the line
i know of 1 person who spent well over a grand on his truck and to be honest his home life was not good , the kids an wife went short cos he wanted to drive a “show truck”
where does it end

MrPanther:

about sum,s it up realy

I dont see the point in light bars and such as you cant really take those down once you finish but i am gonna put in a cb and maybe differant curtains but i will keep all the stuff to put it back to standard so when and if i finish i can take them with me.

BAILEY:

MrPanther:

about sum,s it up realy

im in mine all week, its clean an comfy, it has about 200 quids worth of kit si i can cook etc and a cool box but my family come first so no contest there. anyone disagree

gezt:

BAILEY:

MrPanther:

about sum,s it up realy

im in mine all week, its clean an comfy, it has about 200 quids worth of kit si i can cook etc and a cool box but my family come first so no contest there. anyone disagree

just a thought some or most may not direct pay,(ie from pallet sales or which ever contract your in :wink: i would not buy,the outside bling myself just stuff that i need throughout the week :wink:although some are nice to look at so why not some might not have kid,s or family and plenty of spare cash :slight_smile:

Quinny:
But why should you pay for things to put on a vehicle that’s not yours,and never will be?

Ken.

I’ve bought things for ‘my’ lorry to enhance my time in it. All of them can be easily transferred to another vehicle, which I often have to do when mine’s in for servicing/repair. I would happily spend money on a permanent fixture though, if it made a positive difference to my time in it. Why wouldn’t I? I spend all day in it; if it makes things look/feel/operate better to my liking, why ever not? It’s my money and I’ve earned it. I’m proud of the job I do and if I like something, I’ll get it.

I should add at this point that I’m not a money focused person. I don’t spend recklessly and I’m not rolling in the stuff, but it’s of little consequence to me. You can’t take it with you when you go, so if I have some to spare and I see something that would make my time in the wagon a little better, I won’t think twice about buying it.

gezt:
but at what cost.
i know of 1 person who spent well over a grand on his truck and to be honest his home life was not good , the kids an wife went short cos he wanted to drive a “show truck”
where does it end

Maybe he was unhappy in his home-life anyway and his work was a distraction? I know mine is. :blush: I have no ties; I’m single and don’t really have a family to speak of, so it’s okay for me, but I can understand how someone unhappy in their home life would divert their attention to their working life.

MrPanther:

Quinny:

Ken.

I’ve bought things for ‘my’ lorry to enhance my time in it. All of them can be easily transferred to another vehicle, which I often have to do when mine’s in for servicing/repair. I would happily spend money on a permanent fixture though, if it made a positive difference to my time in it. Why wouldn’t I? I spend all day in it; if it makes things look/feel/operate better to my liking, why ever not? It’s my money and I’ve earned it. I’m proud of the job I do and if I like something, I’ll get it.

I should add at this point that I’m not a money focused person. I don’t spend recklessly and I’m not rolling in the stuff, but it’s of little consequence to me You can’t take it with you when you go, so if I have some to spare and I see something that would make my time in the wagon a little better, I won’t think twice about buying it.

gezt:
but at what cost.
where does it end

Maybe he was unhappy in his home-life anyway and his work was a distraction? I know mine is. :blush: I have no ties; I’m single and don’t really have a family to speak of, so it’s okay for me, but I can understand how someone unhappy in their home life would divert their attention to their working life.

could’nt have phrased that better myself Mr Panther.
I spend all week in mine,I have a few hundred pounds worth of kit in my truck already,I spend more time in the truck than at home,my family dont go short but I too have a bit of pride for my truck and the firm I work for.
its not blinged up but I would’nt mind some nice shiny wheel trims and some tassly curtains.the missus said she might buy me some for christmas. :laughing: :laughing:

gezt:
reading all the posts re
polishing derv tank
big lights
tassly curtains
dream thingys
big scania/daf lights at back of interior cab
chrome all over
string lights
name platesfancy anything else
cowboy boots/hats/american country music
and all that crap
why oh why do people feel the need to spend their hard earned cash on that stuff, why can you not treat you wagon as a work place which you sleep/live in and get the IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE FRIDGE/COOLBOX ETC and kettle an stuff. save your money for things to do with your family and stuff.
its a truck for christ’s sake
give your undivided attention and money to yous family
my family are all step kids etc but they are more important than doing my truck up
i will never understand some of you guys spending brass on your bosse’s truck, ok if your an owner driver your choice.
`
now i duck and wait for a right slagging off from some of of you

I don’t have any of that stuff. But what perturbs me more is when people like you question why they do it? They do look good. What exactly concerns you about what they do with their spare time and cash? Don’t give us no waffle about spending on kids and stuff as plenty of kids actually like to go and see and help with what their Dad (or mum) does at work and they enjoy it. As a read in these forums will testify, there’s plent here who have posted that they got interested by what their Dad done etc…
You’re interested in trucking enough to spend your spare time on an internet forum about trucks but can’t understand why anyone wants to spend time or money on their truck? Seems a bizzare stance to me?

I agree with Mike if someone wants to spend their cash on their truck thats up to them, why should it bother anyone else.

I remember working for one company had blinged out V8 Scanias, boss said its ok if you want to come in at the weekends and polish the truck, i said thanks but think i’ll be giving that a miss, but other guys loved coming in on their days off to polish their trucks, guess its horses for courses.

Only one thing i will say is if thats your thing make sure your boss agrees. Worked one place where one guy added light bars and all other manor of things to his truck thinking it looked a lot better.

The boss did agree the truck looked better but still hit the roof since he hadnt asked permission and it was a leased truck. The boss went mental because he said what happens if you have a crash and the insurance company then say the vehicle has been modified without notifing them. The boss told him to remove everything apart from his CB.

I used to have one hell of a sound system in mine, at my cost. If you need to live in the truck for a week you need all the stuff that goes with the job. Comfort and entertainment are for me paramount. I was lucky when I last did it( or unlucky) I had a Eurostar which was bloody huge inside and had all the gadgets. Great fun until the electrics went wrong( every week) as far as lights were concerned. :unamused:

Pride and happiness is a pretty rare occurrence nowadays. If it floats your boat, then keep it afloat. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

your right i am interesested in trucks ,it been my job since i could drive one.(35 years now ouch!!) i made the comment cos im allowed to (free speech an all that) and when i see a cab window with all the stuff in th drivers view i cant help but wonder how safe it is with restricted vision. i have in the past refused to drive someone’s truck cos of the restricted view,on saying all that i would never tamper /move another guys stuff just incase owt got damaged.
and yep a driver is allowed if he wants to bling his/firms truck up to high heaven ,i’m only stating that i don’t understand why and its def not for me.

each to their own i suppose :wink:

I know what your saying…Maybe the people that tart trucks up inside have a deep passion for there truck? or maybe single? i dont know and i dont want to comment too much because i dont want to offend people...Me all i want hanging up in my truck is my pompey flag......... Still ive spent a few quid on personal items for the truck/myself, laptop with mobile internet, digital tv, protable dvd player, cooker, oh yes and a good supply of noodles!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike-C:
I don’t have any of that stuff. But what perturbs me more is when people like you question why they do it? They do look good. What exactly concerns you about what they do with their spare time and cash? Don’t give us no waffle about spending on kids and stuff as plenty of kids actually like to go and see and help with what their Dad (or mum) does at work and they enjoy it. As a read in these forums will testify, there’s plent here who have posted that they got interested by what their Dad done etc…
You’re interested in trucking enough to spend your spare time on an internet forum about trucks but can’t understand why anyone wants to spend time or money on their truck? Seems a bizzare stance to me?

Mike beat me to it…why on Earth would anyone be bothered what others do with their trucks? To me it shows the driver has a bit of pride in the truck and the job.

I personally don’t have much bling (I have bought a fridge and a satnav though) but I regularly wash the truck and trailer after work, in my own time so it looks good out on the road. So what? That’s my choice and if it bothers anyone else…that’s a their problem and they have to deal with it :unamused:

Now, where did I put that CDC catalogue?.. :wink:

Now, where did I put that CDC catalogue?.. Wink

: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i can lend you mine if you want :wink: