Bling

Does anyone customise their trucks at their expense? If so post a picture but if you don’t state a reason! I’m a massive fan of customised trucks especially scanias!

There’s a thread about this already with a poll

Here’s a few reasons why I don’t…
1:It’s not my own.
2:I come to work to earn money, not spend it.
3:It’s a tool for the job not a statement of wealth.
4:Bling wont make it any better.
5:No wash facilities are provided at my base.
6:Firm don’t supply bling, polish etc so it’s obviously not necessary to do the job.
Note the nameplate and filthy frog were freebies, and nameplates are a tradition on Earthline.

SCANIA730:
Does anyone customise their trucks at their expense? If so post a picture but if you don’t state a reason! I’m a massive fan of customised trucks especially scanias!

Few pics of the truck I drive

We spend a fortune on the trucks but the drivers also spend a few quid on them. Their choice !!!

As you said you like scania’s I though I’d upload these…

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382891326.132403.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382891340.692079.jpg

M66 WTS best truck , simple but effective , respected not neglected

SCANIA730:

:open_mouth: No, why the ■■■■ would I? I work for money to spend on myself not to re.invest it in my co :bulb:
The same reason I don’t buy fuel and tyres for it… that is for my boss to do.
If I WAS stupid enough to subsidise the increase of my co’s profile , it would tell my boss I have too much disposable income, and would give him even more reason not to give me a pay raise :bulb: , a fact that a lot of drivers evidently can’t see :unamused:
As for kit such as tv/dvd, microwave,kettle, fridge, coffee maker, well that is different, they are for MY benefit.

White very nice set up

If it’s company bling the drivers pay for it by their low wages.

jerrikan:

Very Mistaken !!!

jerrikan:

All you have to do is look at the 20 drivers cars in our yard to prove that what you are saying is ■■■■■■■■ !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

Very Mistaken !!!

I’ll go one step further and say…utter ■■■■■■■ I earn a very decent wage as do the PAYE drivers, the lorries are tidy and they’ve all got an element of bling, some more than others in fairness but it’s down to the driver how much he wants. There’s always the offer of diesel for my PV and he’s supplied red for my tractors very month without fail ( at cost).

It’s nonsense to say that we don’t get a decent wage if the motors are blinged up

Blimey…WWW got a bigger advert than the main sponsor!! That must be most of the fleet there, and at a cost of ■■■■ all I guess…might need to get a few more trailers up next time, just so others know what line of work your in and area covered!! :smiley:

Each to thier own. I used to do at my old outfit but wouldn’t entertain the idea where i am now. It’s funny really, as some of the blokes who used to laugh at me for spending a few quid on what i classed as my home from home would think nothing of swilling £££££££££’s up against the wall week in week out down the boozer. Like i say though everyone’s different

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

All you have to do is look at the 20 drivers cars in our yard to prove that what you are saying is ■■■■■■■■ !!!

That’s ok as long as they can keep the payments up :wink: but then we have a few drivers with cars on 55 plates as well :slight_smile:

jerrikan:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

That’s ok as long as they can keep the payments up :wink: but then we have a few drivers with cars on 55 plates as well :slight_smile:

i know one of whites drivers and its safe to say he does alright.

Actrosman:
Blimey…WWW got a bigger advert than the main sponsor!! That must be most of the fleet there, and at a cost of [zb] all I guess…might need to get a few more trailers up next time, just so others know what line of work your in and area covered!! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

No bling at all for me. My own car is a battered 22 year old Daihatsu Fourtrak which is never ever cleaned, so I’m hardly likely to start spending money on the truck …

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

Figures please.