Bling

mike68:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:
If it’s company bling the drivers pay for it by their low wages.

All you have to do is look at the 20 drivers cars in our yard to prove that what you are saying is ■■■■■■■■ !!!

Figures please.

thats not going to happen is it

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

All you have to do is look at the 20 drivers cars in our yard to prove that what you are saying is ■■■■■■■■ !!!

And how many are bought…sorry rented on PCP?

I understand liking bling, I understand not liking bling. I don’t understand the very dismissive tone from those who don’t like it, towards those that do. Once a person has worked the hours and the money is in the bank, it’s theirs to do with what they wish. If spending £300 on a season ticket to a League 2 football team is your bag, who is to question that if it brings you pleasure? If you want to spend £60 on a night out every Saturday that comes to £3120 for a year, fair play to you if you enjoy it.

The truck might not belong to the individual driver, but if it’s the one allocated to him every shift he works for the next 3-5 years untill it’s replaced, and he wants to personalize it a little, where is the harm really? If it brings the driver some enjoyment and a little more pride in their job, again where’s the harm? I’d imagine it’s similar, albeit more expensive, to an office worker personalizing their workspace, or their computer at their own expense.

It may not be necessary to do the job, and yeah ok in certain types of work they are more of a “tool” than others. Muckaway is often vocal on this topic, firmly in the anti column and I totally see his point for the type of work he does, to spend money on extras that are going to get dirty, have a higher risk of getting damaged etc does seem rather redundant. In other types of work though?

I should point out that I don’t buy bling, or even little personalisations for inside the cab. I don’t night out, I share the cab 4 on 4 off and frankly Premiums bring to mind the phrase “You can polish a turd…” so even if I wanted to, it’s a bit pointless. Even if I had the oppertunity I don’t think I would, there are things I would rather spend MY money on but I’ll always defend those guys and girls who want to spend THEIR money on whatever they want to. They earned it afterall.

One thing I’ve learned from this forum and the drivers I’ve met in the real world is that in many respects it’s like we never quite left the school yard did we? It’s amusing but also kind of disheartening.

mike68:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

Figures please.

Why do people on this bloody forum think its ok to demand the posting of drivers pay just because they run tidy trucks? Why don’t you post who you work for and exactly how much you get paid first eh? And what you drive. It may amaze a lot of you but lots of drivers get to drive really nice trucks with wages that they are happy with. Whites drivers I know drive nice trucks, work hard and get paid well. They hardly have much of a turnover of drivers. He’s also got good drivers he can rely on, not drivers that will sit on a bay for three hours then pull outside and grab a 45 minute break, or refuse to go anywhere because a marker light is out. There are a few companies like that, good trucks decent pay, but most of them have one thing in common, they wont employ pedantic jobsworths. And that’s becoming increasingly rare in the UK these days. Anyway, got to go, shock horror Ive a bulb to change on the trailer. :wink:

Edit, I agree with everything The Pariah says. Ill do what I want with my money, if that means spending some on my truck who is anyone else to judge. Just like I wouldn’t judge someone for spending a fortune getting drunk.

I’m in the each to their own camp, I spend money on my truck but i own it and couldn’t care less what anyone else thinks. I can also see why an employed driver wouldn’t spend his hard earned on his gaffers truck but I wouldn’t knock a driver that did.

So here’s a pic I found on the net of your usual tatty eight legger tipper lol, a credit to the owners. Keeping that mint must take some dedication and hard work. I can’t imagine it’s only used for shows

I drive a ■■■■■ asthmatic truck for a decentish wage…

philberg182:
So here’s a pic I found on the net of your usual tatty eight legger tipper lol, a credit to the owners. Keeping that mint must take some dedication and hard work. I can’t imagine it’s only used for shows

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Someone on here once said that looked like a bulldog on a greyhounds’ body.

Seen their trucks delivering to the new hospital in Bierton Rd. in Aylesbury, they are working trucks and are as smart as your picture.

This thread needs renaming.

Sad ■■■■■ would be my vote! :smiling_imp:

Not in to bling myself i like the simple unclutered look. My favourite ever is probaly peter roff from the 80s and 90ss but each to there own.
Although the the curtains across the window look drives me mad. See one in our yard have about five shunts to get in a easy spit and im sure the curtsins were half the problem.

I don’t mind guys doing what they like, they can even have curtain tassels if they want but ally wheel trims look naff, you wouldn’t have them on your car held on by cable ties so don’t have them on your truck, the fashion police are sucking their teeth. :slight_smile:

Let’s not turn this in to another White’s transport thread, there’s already one of those. The owners are minted, the drivers are minted & all the top notch tackle is paid for comprenday…

I don’t do bling even though it’s my truck, I just do under stated mint when I can afford to.

philberg182:
I’m in the each to their own camp, I spend money on my truck but i own it and couldn’t care less what anyone else thinks. I can also see why an employed driver wouldn’t spend his hard earned on his gaffers truck but I wouldn’t knock a driver that did.

Sorry mate but I think that looks awful!!

A bit like one of those front gardens you see we’re it’s rammed full of gnomes, water features, wind chimes and other assorted crap :laughing:

Each to their own though :wink:

They only play at it here in the UK.

Now that’s what i call bling!

Silver_Surfer:
I don’t mind guys doing what they like, they can even have curtain tassels if they want but ally wheel trims look naff, you wouldn’t have them on your car held on by cable ties so don’t have them on your truck, the fashion police are sucking their teeth. :slight_smile:

Let’s not turn this in to another White’s transport thread, there’s already one of those. The owners are minted, the drivers are minted & all the top notch tackle is paid for comprenday…

I don’t do bling even though it’s my truck, I just do under stated mint when I can afford to.

LOL…

I’ll never understand why you would ‘bling up’ someone else’s truck (or even your own). Trucks cost enough to run without a huge amount of unnecessary extras.

Each to their own as has been said… can’t help thinking there’s one born every minute though! :slight_smile:

I wonder what Joe Public thinks when they see a really tarted up truck? Most of the driver I know think ‘what a ■■■’ when seeing a ‘blingy’ truck. (Bit harsh 'cos the lad driving might be on agency!) I’m guessing the public are more sympathetic and quite like it. What reaction do the trucks get?

I think it’s basically what ever makes you happy.

Do whatever you like to the truck & spend whatever you want to spend & don’t give a chuff what anyone else thinks. (Apart from wheel trims on the rear axle). :slight_smile:

The first thing that strikes me about that Scania tipper is what an utter ballache it must be to keep clean. Who could be bothered?

Rhythm Thief:
The first thing that strikes me about that Scania tipper is what an utter ballache it must be to keep clean. Who could be bothered?

Not me! Apparently it’s got a white/cream interior which must make things worse.
Boots off, slippers on job.

Muckaway:

Rhythm Thief:

Not me! Apparently it’s got a white/cream interior which must make things worse.
Boots off, slippers on job.

To be honest me neither, I can’t even keep mine clean staying on the Tarmac :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
Like I said earlier fair play to whoever does keep it mint, I know I couldn’t .

switchlogic:

mike68:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

jerrikan:

Figures please.

Why do people on this bloody forum think its ok to demand the posting of drivers pay just because they run tidy trucks? Why don’t you post who you work for and exactly how much you get paid first eh? And what you drive. It may amaze a lot of you but lots of drivers get to drive really nice trucks with wages that they are happy with. Whites drivers I know drive nice trucks, work hard and get paid well. They hardly have much of a turnover of drivers. He’s also got good drivers he can rely on, not drivers that will sit on a bay for three hours then pull outside and grab a 45 minute break, or refuse to go anywhere because a marker light is out. There are a few companies like that, good trucks decent pay, but most of them have one thing in common, they wont employ pedantic jobsworths. And that’s becoming increasingly rare in the UK these days. Anyway, got to go, shock horror Ive a bulb to change on the trailer. :wink:

Edit, I agree with everything The Pariah says. Ill do what I want with my money, if that means spending some on my truck who is anyone else to judge. Just like I wouldn’t judge someone for spending a fortune getting drunk.

YOU SIR, are just keeping on his good side,just in case it goes pear shaped where you are:-)
You have tasted 700 plus of the horse and you don’t want it to end.
Go on deny it.