"Blinged" Trucks

Am i in the minority as i thing trucks adorned with loads of aftermarket bolt-ons ,lights ,window murals loads of extra chrome/stainless steel trim just look awfull & tacky? Most european trucks are designed with chromeless colour coded grills & trims so why try to americanise them :question: :question: :question:

You are not alone.

Totally agree, always thought just a nice livery looks best without all this bling thats appeared of late, ‘less is more’ seems to work for me.

Nothing nicer than just a clean polished lorry and washed trailer.

Used to like the look of trucks with all the lights and stuff on. Now i prefer the look of a nice clean truck thats either plain or has a nice livery.
A few extra lights in the right places often dont look bad.

theres a very thin line between too much and boring.

though i agree a nice livery makes a truck.

I think some alloys, a few Kelsa bars matched with a nice livery make a smart truck. :sunglasses: Some just go ott though…
With the trailer it works both ways i think. A nice clean truck and trailer in the same livery look good but then with some smart trucks a dirty trailer can make the truck stand out :laughing:

tonyhogi:
Am i in the minority as i thing trucks adorned with loads of aftermarket bolt-ons ,lights ,window murals loads of extra chrome/stainless steel trim just look awfull & tacky? Most european trucks are designed with chromeless colour coded grills & trims so why try to americanise them :question: :question: :question:

go get your tin hat on :smiley: :smiley: it will be needed soon and yep i agree 100%

quite often drive this unit and must admit a lot of our work is at night. the top set of spots on the bar really light up unlit roads a treat and think these are more of a handy addition rather than bling . cannot say the same about the bottom light bar which is a pain really as when you are tight or have a steep ramp to go down or up i always have to get out and have a look .

matt f:

quite often drive this unit and must admit a lot of our work is at night. the top set of spots on the bar really light up unlit roads a treat and think these are more of a handy addition rather than bling . cannot say the same about the bottom light bar which is a pain really as when you are tight or have a steep ramp to go down or up i always have to get out and have a look .

you have a PM :wink:

To be honest i don’t mind i think a truck that is well looked after with some extra lights here and there and nice and shiny looks bang on, not to OTT though.
And some trucks do go a bit OTT and look daft.

So i think it looks good to a certain extent.
:smiley:

removalboy:

matt f:

you have a PM :wink:

Yep lots of light cos you drive at night, spot on really when I see more than this i just think; you sad and lonely man you are missig out on something.

Just to have a decent set of lights would be nice!!! FH12s are crap…But less is more, you see some lit up like a fairground ride…It makes me think of ■■■■■■…only jealous coz I anint got any decent lights.

tonyhogi:

because its still a free country and they can :unamused: :wink: :wink:
so if a yank gets a plain old kenworth with no bling at all on it does he tell his mates he,s going for “the english look” :smiley:

chaversdad:

tonyhogi:

so if a yank gets a plain old kenworth with no bling at all on it does he tell his mates he,s going for “the english look” :smiley:

GOOD ANSWER!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a fan either, the manufacturers spend months and 1000’s of £s in wind tunnels trying to ease airflow cleanly round and over the blunt end of a big cab to help fuel economy, and what happens :confused:

i have 4 spot lights with 150 watt bulbs in them on the roof of my truck for 1 purpose and that purpose is finding wandering deer on the roads at night (they make a right mess of your truck if you hit 1), and i also got two orange beacons because the quarrys want em

Big Joe:
Not a fan either, the manufacturers spend months and 1000’s of £s in wind tunnels trying to ease airflow cleanly round and over the blunt end of a big cab to help fuel economy, and what happens :confused:

you go and stick a ■■■■■■■ big combine behind it :laughing: :wink:

I reckon a lot of what drivers have done to personalise thier trucks in the past has filtered down to the manufacturers when speccing new models…like the red night lights fitted as standard in a lot of units…roof spots (ie the latest DAFS fitted into the roof)…daytime running lights (on the new R series)chassis infills…better interiors etc etc etc…so whether you like bling + extras or not I think it does have some sort of influence on the designers when they start on an upgrade or a new model .

chaversdad:

Actually the new thing in American show trucks is no chrome & no extra lights, so you may be right :wink:

I like the classic yank look, they keep all the lights the same colour & the chrome really suits them, I’ve got a Peterbilt with all the lights & chrome, I reckon it looks the nuts, but it’s at the point where adding much more will be over the top.

A lot of British trucks look OTT, lights all over the place, all different colour bulbs, chrome bars nailed on in the silliest places & windcreens full of frills & other crap, some do look nice though, it just takes a bit of making it all match to make a difference in my opinion, sometimes less is more.

My personal favourite look is the Scandinavian style, nice colour schemes, painted rims with the edges trimmed, not too many lights & a set of straight pipes, nice :wink: