"Blinged" Trucks

chaversdad:

Big Joe:
Not a fan either, the manufacturers spend months and 1000’s of £s in wind tunnels trying to ease airflow cleanly round and over the blunt end of a big cab to help fuel economy, and what happens :confused:

you go and stick a [zb] big combine behind it :laughing: :wink:

I know, and why make it any worse :grimacing:
Not a fan of the yank truck look, but I could make an exception if my gaurdian angel was a bit loose lipped with next weeks lottery numbers,

In red of course :grimacing: thats one smart slippery looking truck :sunglasses:

Here we go AGAIN. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: How many times has this subject been done■■?
Yes some basic trucks do look smart. Yes some ‘blinged’ motors look smart too and some look ott.
Its down to the individual and the owner. If my boss wanted to put more ‘bling’ on my motor, I think it would be a bit of a silly idea to tell him he couldn’t, don’t you?
Its all down to the indivduals preference. Exactly the same as Scania or Daf, Volvo or Merc etc etc. We all have a choice in life. If you don’t like the ‘bling’ don’t drive a truck with it on… and don’t slate people who do.

I drive a blinged up truck,light bars,air horns,alloy wheels,no shoes in the cab,and that’s my choice,I drive to earn a crust,and I enjoy it,I personally can’t stand seeing drivers going down the motorway,with there yellow hit me jacket covered in grease,leaning on the curtains and windows,grease all over the deflector from gloved hands.
My boss spends big money on his trucks and trailers,were is the harm in taking some pride in your tackle.I always wear a shirt,smart and casual,have manners etc,maybe I’m one of a few that do the job because I like rather than don’t know owt else,but it’s each to there own,can’t all be the same hey !!!

Used to love seeing trucks when i was a kid decked out with fancy paint, bull bars, lower windscreen cage, fairy lights, flags, millions or ariels, Vikings and Michelin men. :laughing:

Can anyone remember those stickers you could get in the early 90’s of a iirc a cartoon type character peering over the lower side window?

tonyhogi:
Am i in the minority as i thing trucks adorned with loads of aftermarket bolt-ons ,lights ,window murals loads of extra chrome/stainless steel trim just look awfull & tacky? Most european trucks are designed with chromeless colour coded grills & trims so why try to americanise them :question: :question: :question:

i think you’ll find most trucks are designed WITH CHROMED grills aren’t they?
the actros black edition has a unique grill looks nice
the man 5 star chrome front looks nice
volvo fh16 special grill looks different to fh12 or fh13
magnum has big chrome bar along the front
the new daf105 has nice grill and sideskirt chrome decor
the list goes on
and as far as blinging a truck up surely its a personal choice especially if you live in it more nights than your house?

maybe we could have a thread why do people put lead on their house windows or funny looking wall coverings outside the house?
lets see all houses in plain brickwork with a standard 2 windows upstairs and 2 down with a door then they can all look the same :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

As usual many completely miss the point :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: there is a difference to the chrome bits the manufacturers use to the cheap “tack” mr. steering wheel attendant buys from his greasy spoon shop :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I know its called “personalising” but some people just dont have any taste . Also, why does the driver of a blinger nearly always hide behind his horrid frilly curtains :question: :question: :question: :question:

tonyhogi:
As usual many completely miss the point :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: there is a difference to the chrome bits the manufacturers use to the cheap “tack” mr. steering wheel attendant buys from his greasy spoon shop :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I know its called “personalising” but some people just dont have any taste . Also, why does the driver of a blinger nearly always hide behind his horrid frilly curtains :question: :question: :question: :question:

Well thats good news! I’ve gone from company director to steering wheel attendant in one post. And i’ve no taste either. You’ll be telling me next that i’m a quid a mile cowboy that spends my ill gotten gains on bling instead of brakes and tyres.

Each to his own. Live and let live.

Seen an FH12 6X2 on the M6 yesterday hauling a food tanker.
Factory white with a wee bit of chrome and a couple of extra spots.
Looked well tidy to me. I don’t like anything too “busy”, but I do take my hat
off to all the guys and girls who do enjoy putting a bit of work into their wagons.

Andy smg:
off to all the guys and girls who do enjoy putting a bit of work into their wagons.

I sometimes think i’ve done busy, but most of the time i think its fine. I don’t go for the banks of spotlights on the roof, not my cup of tea at all. But judging how many trucks on the road do have them, i’m in a minority. Thats fine, i’ve no problem with that.

However, there are extremes.

AND NOT FORGETTING SPANKYS MATE!

What about this :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

In red of course :grimacing: thats one smart slippery looking truck :sunglasses:

like these

Andy smg:

white and chrome does it for me with nice alcoas!