Birmingham Haulage Company

Hi…Ive recently Purchased this Atki Borderer BOX699K from a friend of mine,restoration will start shortly…Any info that anyone has on this motor would be greatly appriated… :smiley:

Hi
I’m new to this forum, so hello and thanks for the good reading so far.

I’m hoping someone out there can help me in my search. I have just bought an Atkinson Borderer, which was bought in 1972 brand new by a company called AA Turner Ltd of Bordesley Green Birmingham. Has anybod ever heard of this company, was it a haulage company or a factory or■■?

I would quite like to put it back into its original colours if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Stafford Atkinson:
Hi
I’m new to this forum, so hello and thanks for the good reading so far.

I’m hoping someone out there can help me in my search. I have just bought an Atkinson Borderer, which was bought in 1972 brand new by a company called AA Turner Ltd of Bordesley Green Birmingham. Has anybod ever heard of this company, was it a haulage company or a factory or■■?

I would quite like to put it back into its original colours if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the reg no. of the lorry, please?

The lorry reg no is BOX 699K

Good luck with your project, any chance of posting photos as you restore it.

Stafford Atkinson:
The lorry reg no is BOX 699K

Sorry, I can’t find a photo with its original owners, but here is one that I was given a while ago. Apologies to the photographer, as I’ve no idea who took it. Apparently, it was taken in Birmingham in 1989.

Hi thanks for the picture. That was taken when it was with its second owner Charles a Taylor of Haymills birmingham, he aquired the vehicle in 1985. I believe he was something to do with fairs etc. When he died the vehicle was sold in 2002 to its third owner and I’m the fourth.