Big A

They must have been taken a few years ago - I haven’t seen
Paul Edwards’ Borderer out for a few years now. Lovely motor, though.

R Pardoe & Sons of Ledbury were still using this immaculate Borderer on Hay and Straw delivery in 1999 as they took the opportunity, en route, to visit the Atkinson Gathering at Chorley, Lancs. I have seen it a couple of times since going up the M6, but not for a while now - anyone spotted it recently?

Cheers - RR

Robert still has the Borderer, but runs an ex-Swains of Stretton Scania 113-380 for pulling his straw around these days.

The Borderer was still attending the Atki rally for a few years after you saw it at Chorley, but on the back of a step-frame.

Thanks for the update marky, good to know it’s still about and in good hands. (I’ve taken the liberty of posting your answer under the “Oldies - Still in Service” thread where I asked the same question about Pardoe’s Borderer - hope that’s ok?)

Cheers - RR

Here are 4 more from this years Gaydon show.

Still can’t get on with how ‘Faithful’ looks, post-restoration (last picture).

THIS is how it was supposed to look:

that W J Ridings motor has reminded me of seeing them parked up for the night during the late 70’s and early 80’s in Nechells,Birmingham outside the TI Bainbridge exhaust place in Aston church road on the trading estate thats now long gone

still got the Borderer badge I blagged off one of the drivers :stuck_out_tongue: