Biggles and his Magnum

My work collegue Steve (Biggles) was told yesterday that in 3 or 4 months he will be the proud driver of a brand new Renault Magnum :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :cry: after going out for a spin in the brand new one my boss picked up this week, may i be the first to offer Steve my deepest condolances, it will be a tough and testing time for the poor chap, as he will have to question his commitment to the company :confused: . He told me the unfortunate news yesterday, and i nearly choked (with laughter)on my beer :smiley:
Id just like to officially say, my heart goes out to you Steve, at this most testing of times, and before any one tells me itll be me next, id like to say, :cry: yes i have driven one before for a living :cry: and my boss knows my views on the magnum, as i just laugh and take the Michael every time he mentions them :smiley: . I really think the boss likes you Steve, and he says you havent done anything wrong, so start saying your goodbyes to your 144 :confused:

I’d rather have a Magnum (especially if it’s got the Volvo running gear)
Than a manky 144 :laughing:

Yep sad day indeed, from next week i shall be sporting a black arm band, i shall request to be shipped via the tunnel as there are no cliffs that i have access to, as i live within walking distance of the north sea, a neatly folded Scania jacket may be all that remains of a once happy driver, at this moment i have neatly cut out from this weeks Commercial motor some pictures of a proper truck, and these will be placed with my time sheet every week for the forceable future, as a last resort i shall email Rt trucks asking them not to send any lhd Rt Ms to the dealer near us, and the fact that that its gona have a Volvo/R*t engine dont wash.
sdj

Good luck biggles…me personally would rather have a push bike than a scania anyday…heap of rubbish…the magnum is a proper tool for the job…but i can say that as i drive to spain in my Daf XL super space cab cant i…■■

truckyboy:
Good luck biggles…me personally would rather have a push bike than a scania anyday…heap of rubbish…the magnum is a proper tool for the job…but i can say that as i drive to spain in my Daf XL super space cab cant i…■■

I have never liked Scanias!!! Their reputation is vastly overrated!!
I have a Daf Super Space Cab 480 now and thats the muttz nuttz as far as I am concerned!! The lad who I took it over from (at just 6 months old) run it in properly (has done 120k already) and she will pull up Reigate Hill (on the 25) with 24 pallets of bananas on dropping just a split. That will do for me!!
Incidentally, he has got a new ‘super’ Daf!!! It is a protype… a 530 uprated by Daf to nearly 600 (twin turbo). The driver keeps laughing his head off every time I phone him up. He said it is running at 91kph and just doesn’t pause whatever hill is there. Has never driven anything like it and this is from a vastly experienced driver. Once he is on any motorway with a clear run, it sits at 91… only the traffic slows him down

kindle530:
My work collegue Steve…

Besides the point, but who is that in your avatar? I can’t quite work it out.

Andyroo:

kindle530:
My work collegue Steve…

Besides the point, but who is that in your avatar? I can’t quite work it out.

I think it is member of a popular beat combo known as Busted :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only kidding :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:

My Scania managed to go to Spain an back aswell this week, duno if i would trust a M******m to tho, didn’t realise so many people disliked Scania’s maybe its the perverse streak in me
sdj

Im not a great lover of Scanias either, well the engines are ok, but the cabsâ– â– ? Wotever were they thinking :open_mouth: I dont think theyre Steves favourie either, me? Im very happy with my left â– â– â– â– â– â–  530 Super SpaceCab :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:
Steve, i promise not to put vasoline on the outside bars of your magnum :open_mouth: :smiley:
Andyroo, its Lars Frederiksen from Rancid mate

kindle530:

Though so.

Seeing as how I’ve got pretty much all their records (inc singles and bootlegs) and my ebay user name used to be ‘adinas_crying_again’, I shouldn’t have even had to ask. :blush: :laughing:

I cant see why no one likes Magnums.
Has anyone read the latest Truck ing magazine, there Truck on Trial is a Renault Magnum vs Volvo FH, although the FH is a winner they think that the New Magnum with the Volvo engine and auto gearbox will be a winner and could even make the Volvo a little dated. :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley:

D"oh! He does change the hair quite regularly mate. I recently got a bootleg cd of Rancid live in Nottingham last year and a dvd, live in Japan, last year as well. Adinas crying again… Hey Hey. Very undreated album mate. Pure Class :smiley:

That first one is by far the best record. I’ve gone right off them since ‘indestructable’, I got it on see through red double LP, hunted high and low for it and was bloody disappointed. Especially since the one before was full pelt more like their early stuff.

Yeah…erm Magnums…the one’s with almonds on are best.

Ah Rancid

Dont they dop the food on Felixstowe dock canteen/Channel Tunnel :laughing: :laughing:

I cant see why no one likes magnums.
You should take one out for a month or two mad, then do the same with a super space cab or an xl volvo. My boss"s new magnum has if i remember 3 small lockers an 1 third of the underbunk storage is filled in.
Nowhere to store anything if youre doing the kind of work me and Biggles do,(a week or 3away)a slap across gearbox,hardly any where to put your bits and bobs on the dash,
And they are poorly put together. At the end of the day i suppose its each to their own. By the way, our operating centre is unfourtunatly in the yard of a Renault dealer, and they have quite a persistant salesman, so i think thats a lot to do with our boss buying renault.
Would be nice if we parked at a Daf dealer :smiley:

Agree with you yhere Andyroo, it was a step backwards i think. The 5th album(Rancid) was absolutley blinding, and its the cd ive got in my car at the min :sunglasses:Lars Frederiksen and the B*****ds 1st cd is currently giving my cd player in me Daf a hammering :smiley:

Normally I’d that out…but it can stay this time since it’s a Proper Noun. L. :wink:

kindle530:

Does Lars Frederiksen always wear a javalin through his neck, bit punk like to me. :slight_smile:

Manwell… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
He is the ultimate punk mate! He has to walk into shops sideways :smiley:
I didnt notice that to tell you the truth, but now i have, i can never look at it without laughing :smiley:

kindle530:
Agree with you yhere Andyroo, it was a step backwards i think. The 5th album(Rancid) was absolutley blinding, and its the cd ive got in my car at the min :sunglasses:Lars Frederiksen and the B*****ds 1st cd is currently giving my cd player in me Daf a hammering :smiley:

Normally I’d that out…but it can stay this time since it’s a Proper Noun. L. :wink:

Is there a new ‘lars and the people of questionable parentage’ album out then? That first one was a really good record.

I’m way out of touch nowadays, I used to live and breath this stuff a few years back.

Andyroo:

kindle530:

Is there a new ‘lars and the people of questionable parentage’ album out then? That first one was a really good record.

I’m way out of touch nowadays, I used to live and breath this stuff a few years back.

Must be something in that Norfolk air :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Either that or the abundance of sugar beet and carrots. :wink: