New renault seen

I saw the new Renault magnum on the A26 on my way back to Calais yesterday…not impressed ,strange looking thing…just saying .

Saw a new Premium in Renault trucks yard at felixstowe on monday, it was in Sevens colours. Guess they took delivery on Monday, havent seen it on the road yet. Thought it looked allright :wink:

magnums :laughing: :laughing: say no more

eddie snax:
Saw a new Premium in Renault trucks yard at felixstowe on monday, it was in Sevens colours. Guess they took delivery on Monday, havent seen it on the road yet. Thought it looked allright :wink:

Saw them 2 on Friday when my magnum was in for a repair, had a look round 1 of them and a look in the cab of one of them while they were prepping them.
Got a sneaky snap and to be honest they look better in white, and the cab lay out is passable with plenty of space.

Need to get used to calling them the T range. Can’t really still call them the Premium & the Magnum. Looks weird to me but I suppose they needed to distance it from the Volvo. I’m sure it’s nice to drive though.

saw one running solo up the M5 wednesday afternoon in that bronze/brown colour they were released in

I love them ice lollies :wink:

Saw one pulling a container on the M25 on Tuesday. Can’t remember who’s it was but the biggest problem with them is the plastic front bumper piece. It would look so much better if it were colour coded.

Was one on the M62 yesterday afternoon pulling a tanker, black cab and bumpers, didn’t look too bad.

MolePower:
saw one running solo up the M5 wednesday afternoon in that bronze/brown colour they were released in

At a guess, it would be one of the demonstrators they are just coming into the country now!

Silver_Surfer:
Need to get used to calling them the T range. Can’t really still call them the Premium & the Magnum. Looks weird to me but I suppose they needed to distance it from the Volvo. I’m sure it’s nice to drive though.

I’ve had a look in the new Volvo, and a look in this new Renault, and I think the interior is better in the Renault.

weeto:

Silver_Surfer:

I’ve had a look in the new Volvo, and a look in this new Renault, and I think the interior is better in the Renault.

I had a good look round the Magnum replacement a couple of months ago, not sure about the outside, maybe a good paint job would improve it, but one thing is for sure you ain’t going to mistake for anything else. :laughing:

The interior was quite nicely laid, but some of the fitting looked and felt a bit cheap and plasticky, might be easily broken in fleet use. It does have a proper flat floor, something. I Believe the Volvo doesn’t have. :smiley:

Wouldn’t mind a test drive to see how feel on the road.

The great think about the old Magnum was the way it had been designed. Minimal front overhang because the steps were behind the wheel, easy to get in and out of in tight spaces (you didn’t need the door fully open because you were entering from behind … as it were) and a fantastic field of view because of that enormous windscreen. I’d have liked to see more trucks designed the same way; I think it’s a shame they’ve gone back to a more conventional layout with the replacement.

eddie snax:

I saw one on the road this week, I thought it looked quite good. Also seen a Johhny Foreigner new Magnum thingy which impressed me less.

Saw the Seven truck in a layby on the A34 yesterday morning. Looked really nice compared to the launch colours :blush:

ive seen one of those up and down the M180 for the past 6 months or so with all the camoflage on the panels, i wondered what it was, it doesnt look any better without the dodgy paint

weeto:

MolePower:

At a guess, it would be one of the demonstrators they are just coming into the country now!

Saw it pulling a Langdons (Bridgwater) trailer the other day so I guess they’re having a little play with it.

Only saw a fleeting glimpse of it so I shall reserve judgement for the time being. :smiley:

How do you know it was a bridgewater trailer :question: :question:

owens are running a brown one on demo…had a good nosey at the steel works this week.
nowt spesh

The magnum one not available in uk no rhd

Only the premium replacements over here