New renault seen

gettin-on:
The magnum one not available in uk no rhd

Only the premium replacements over here

There was a whole thread here about the magnum being stopped and replaced with the T range which is what this is about. There was talk it wouldn’t be available RHD due to low sales of the original magnum. I’ve seen 3 RHD T range cabs now so it seems it was just a rumour.

Is now t range but local renault rep has said the largest cabbed one (magnum replacement )
Not available in uk in rhd

Jyst the small ones (premium replacements)

muckles:

weeto:

Silver_Surfer:
Need to get used to calling them the T range. Can’t really still call them the Premium & the Magnum. Looks weird to me but I suppose they needed to distance it from the Volvo. I’m sure it’s nice to drive though.

I’ve had a look in the new Volvo, and a look in this new Renault, and I think the interior is better in the Renault.

I had a good look round the Magnum replacement a couple of months ago, not sure about the outside, maybe a good paint job would improve it, but one thing is for sure you ain’t going to mistake for anything else. :laughing:

The interior was quite nicely laid, but some of the fitting looked and felt a bit cheap and plasticky, might be easily broken in fleet use. It does have a proper flat floor, something. I Believe the Volvo doesn’t have. :smiley:

Wouldn’t mind a test drive to see how feel on the road.

cheap and plastic? So Renault have launched a new truck with old traditions :laughing:

gettin-on:
Is now t range but local renault rep has said the largest cabbed one (magnum replacement )
Not available in uk in rhd

Jyst the small ones (premium replacements)

I though the premium was still going

This is why drivers are on crap wages. Because they get erections at the sight of a bloody Renault of all things. You lot really do need to get brains and wake up. Chrome and flashdash really isn’t the way to put food on your table.

Truckbling:
This is why drivers are on crap wages. Because they get erections at the sight of a bloody Renault of all things. You lot really do need to get brains and wake up. Chrome and flashdash really isn’t the way to put food on your table.

Chrome and flash?? :open_mouth: its a new fleet spec Renault you muppet, its a truck many people on here might end up spending quite a lot of their working day in and maybe quite a lot of their week. So they’re interested, the same as other people working in other jobs are interested in new equipment.

If you’re not interested then [zb] off and go onto a forum than interests you and if you don’t like you job and aren’t interested then find another way of earning a living, there must be loads of opening for somebody as talented as you.

comet:
How do you know it was a bridgewater trailer :question: :question:

Because I saw it coming out of Langdons Bridgwater and not Langdons Transport, Plymouth!

scanny77:

muckles:

weeto:

Silver_Surfer:
Need to get used to calling them the T range. Can’t really still call them the Premium & the Magnum. Looks weird to me but I suppose they needed to distance it from the Volvo. I’m sure it’s nice to drive though.

I’ve had a look in the new Volvo, and a look in this new Renault, and I think the interior is better in the Renault.

I had a good look round the Magnum replacement a couple of months ago, not sure about the outside, maybe a good paint job would improve it, but one thing is for sure you ain’t going to mistake for anything else. :laughing:

The interior was quite nicely laid, but some of the fitting looked and felt a bit cheap and plasticky, might be easily broken in fleet use. It does have a proper flat floor, something. I Believe the Volvo doesn’t have. :smiley:

Wouldn’t mind a test drive to see how feel on the road.

cheap and plastic? So Renault have launched a new truck with old traditions :laughing:

True :laughing: but I wouldn’t write it off as a bad truck just for that, it felt quite a nice bit of kit sat inside it, might be worth thinking about if the deals were right.

muckles:

Truckbling:

Chrome and flash?? :open_mouth: its a new fleet spec Renault you muppet, its a truck many people on here might end up spending quite a lot of their working day in and maybe quite a lot of their week. So they’re interested, the same as other people working in other jobs are interested in new equipment.

If you’re not interested then [zb] off and go onto a forum than interests you and if you don’t like you job and aren’t interested then find another way of earning a living, there must be loads of opening for somebody as talented as you.

Its a Renault. …nuff said.

Ah! Gentlemen your talking out your ■■■■. I a Renault fan was also unimpressed by the new Renault trundling around the UK in that awful brown colour but this week in France
I had the chance to look round the top of the range LHD which will not be arriving in the UK and it was epic.Like the Magnum was at the time this new rig is massive in height,
impressive and I just wish I was younger I would have one.It really does tick all the boxes and no doubt compared to the Volvo is a ■■■■ sight cheaper which according to info
coming my way is not as reliable as the vehicle it replaced but time will tell.I am of the opinion that the Magnum lives on just looks different indeed Nobbie might already have
one and it doesn’t look too bad in red.Will endeavour this week to get a pic of the new rig with my Magnum alongside.

They have

It needs more red on it to cover the grey, and the side locker above the wheel arch, (and mirrors)!

neversweat1:
They have

it looks like the volvo and merc production staff got ■■■■■■ and put all the parts on the wrong trucks, i dont like that at all

Seen my first one today. It was a bronze coloured demo truck. Parked in a lay by just north of Cairnryan, hooked up to a Northwards Transport from Orkney trailer. I thought it looked alot better in the flesh than it does in the magazines.

great pic NS1 that was the one I saw expect Nobbie has ordered 10,000,just looks like a modern Magnum to me,superb job.

Truckbling:

muckles:

Truckbling:

Its a Renault. …nuff said.

Would seem that you have the problem, all that rubbish about crap wages, why because drivers might be intrested in looking at the latest offering from one off the large players in the truck manufacturing business. There might be a small amount of logic to your statement if it was over the Volvo or the like, though I dont agree with you, but Renualt have never had the image amongst drivers that might support your statement, or the image that might actually back up what have allways been good solid workhorse motors, not flash but in My long expeirience(G290’s onwards) with Renualt trucks solid and reliable.

As Muckles states, its a fleet Motor that many off us may end up with in the future, and he should know like Me, He’s driven enough off the Renualt offering (G290’s onwards)to know that chrome and flashdash isnt what Renault is about.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

gettin-on:
The magnum one not available in uk no rhd

Only the premium replacements over here

Only difference between the 2 replacements for the magnum and premium is the magnum replacment is sat 200mm higher than the premium replacement to accomadate the flat floor, the rest of the cab and interior is identical is size and layout, and the dash is a bit plasticy, but so is the volvo! i’ve had a look in both vehicles.
Should have the opertunity to drive the new renault when we get one of the demo motors in our yard, we have already had the new volvo in, but declined the offer of driving it for the week!
Got a magnum at the moment which will be going in about 10 months and dont really want to have to go back to a DAF XF SSC or have to to put up with a MAN tgx, neither can touch the magnum for ride quality!!!
I am an ex scania fan, but even those aren’t as good as they used to be!!

muckles:

Truckbling:

Trouble is, if your boss says you’re having a Renault, how many can say ‘no boss, I’ll have a Scania/MAN/Merc instead as I prefer the quality of the plastics in that’?

Irrespective of the trucks faults, the majority of drivers will be stuck with it if the boss says so! So on the basis it’s Hobson’s Choice, who gives a ■■■■? :smiley:

neversweat1:
They have

So is that the magnum or premium ?..

yorkshire terrier:

neversweat1:
They have

So is that the magnum or premium ?..

Neither - It’s a flat floor T Range :smiley:

Steve