Magnum

Just starting a new job tomorrow and the truck is a two year old Renault Magnum, never driven one. :open_mouth:

What are they like to drive? :question: :open_mouth:

Is it true that if you see a head on crash coming and you get up and run round the cab you have a good chance of not being hurt they are so big?. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah big and roomy I drove one for the now defunct Bing Transport up here in Scotland 520 bhp left here to Heathrow and once on the move never shifted a gear at 38ton what a machine but there aint much better for cross cab access things have changed with flat floors becoming a big thing in Volvo’s and DAF but at one time they were way ahead of their time

the best quote i heard is that it is like driving from your bedroom window, just remember to use the ladder when exiting the cab…dont jump… :laughing:

incidently,
if you where to be looking for a mack badge , mack dog mascot and two mack dog side badges then i could be prepared to do a deal :wink:

I took a one down to Tamworth from Tyneside about 6 weeks ago, nice driver, but the height your sitting at is a bit decieving at times, but after an hour or so you’ll be use to it :laughing:

It was an old R Reg but plenty power fully loaded :laughing:

I’m driving a 3yr old 430bhp and it is very comfy and plenty of power. The height does take a bit of getting used to but not long and DONT JUMP OUT. It’s a long way down.