Renault Magnum

What are they like to drive and spend time in?

Dunno, but I bet “Primo” could give you a full report at the weekend :laughing:.

have you seen that haulage firm just off coxmoor road ghost ?
their fleet is magnums.

don,t know anythingabout them though.

I like 'em. Comfy, good view. Plenty of room to walk around and get dressed, washed etc.
Just as long as you don’t have that awful Renault (ZF) throw-it-across-the-box gearbox in it. Awful.

Salut, David.

I had two; a series one 500 with the Mack Engine and a series two 430 with the Renault engine. Thought they were both brilliant until I had a Daf 95XF Super Space! Probably as a ‘truck to live in’ there are few vehicles to come close. The steps behind the door took a little getting used to. The ZF box with the slap-through range change was a particular bind in heavy traffic, or around town. But, I never liked Eatons’ twin split either. I always felt that the Magnum would have been better if built by Merc, but from my own experience the Daf let me down on more occasions than both Magnums put together. I really liked the Magnum for walking across the cab, made peages abroad a doddle. The ‘flat’ dash in the series one was always a ‘lucky-dip’ as to which switch you had just pushed and you could forget getting the station you wanted from the radio. The fridge under the bunk was good and the amount of in cab storage brilliant, as were the electric blinds. I liked the easy access to the bunk but perhaps I shouldn’t go into any more details!!
IMHO; there are trucks out there that are newer and a lot worse

geebee45:
as were the electric blinds. IMHO; there are trucks out there that are newer and a lot worse

Yes, I forgot about the blind. The best truck ever if you’re heading west just before sunset.

Salut, David.