Biggest cock ups

not yours, your bosses :smiling_imp:

i think my biggest ■■■■ up would have to be when i was sent from andover to london with a rigid stacked top to bottom, front to back with electrical items. i finally found the customer who was expecting demo stuff ie 1 of each item which would have been about 3 in total :laughing:

either that or 1 from last year

guess who i was ultimately working for :laughing:
that was my motor parked up on an overnight after a delivery waiting for my backload which had already been dispatched meaning i ran back empty :laughing:

scanny77:
i think my biggest ■■■■ up would have to be…

No, no and thrice no. I think your biggest ■■■■ up was asking for advice on loading and securing plant, getting lots of good advice then finding you were loading plants, not plant. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

i remember a driver in the late 80s being sent to an address in southampton from the factory in coventry in an artic…the driver arrived in southampton and found the street on his map…as he neared the drop the road got very narrow…so he stopped(pre satnav days)…he walked down the road and found the exact address…a small bungalow?
he called in to the factory and when the office checked the paperwork he should have been sent to southam!!!about 15 miles from the factory!!!

Mine was a wrong direction one, in my early days of driving I was sent to Gronau (Germany), being young and keen and not wanting to look as if I didn’t know where I was going I ignored all the advice from old 'uns and to read the paperwork properly, I arrived in Gronau 4pm the following day and found the street (Gartenstrasse) but couldn’t find the factory - WABCO, still very clear in my mind. Decided to phone the office and told them my dilemma, to be asked “You got there quick, are you in the right Gronau - and have you checked the area code”? You guessed it, wrong bloody town, I should have gone to Gronau (Leine) over 200k’s further, the buggers never let me forget that one, still we were all learners once. :blush:

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:

No, no and thrice no. I think your biggest ■■■■ up was asking for advice on loading and securing plant, getting lots of good advice then finding you were loading plants, not plant. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scanny that’s a belter, mate! lol

One of the TOs was Deben sent me from FX to somewhere in Kent for a 7am friday tip. I was there early, sat and waited, and eventually some people turned up, so I approached the boss to be told, “this is the invoice address, the tip is the other side of Bedford !”
So I set off and was on the M25 by the time the transport office got in. Got to Bedford and they took ages to tip me and then the TO wanted me to go back and reload in FX for monday. I don’t have enough time, I said, it’s 3 hours to FX, then loading time (Trinity on a friday afternoon !) then 5 or 6 hours back to somerset. Plus I didn’t have enough driving hours left to do a saturday, so I ran back empty. :unamused:

My biggest was day one of a new job. Brought a cider tanker up from Shepton Mallet, and the boss phoned me up and gave me directions around the M32 at bristol. He told me to get on the motorway, and meet him just off of J18. Ok, I said. I sailed off and got to J18, and no sign of the boss. Gave him a ring, and he said " No, J18 M5 !"
Of course I was on the M4 - That job lasted approximately 24 hours. I jacked it after he expected me to get to Bodmin by 6am when I only picked the container up from southampton at 8.30pm and still needed 9 hours rest. When I got down there, they had already phoned up and refused the load, so I just took the wagon back to base and went home. Never spoke to the boss again. :open_mouth:

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scanny that’s a belter, mate! lol

give me some credit, i could have kept quiet but i admitted it and gave everyone a laugh. hang on, that sounds like past tense. 3 years on and we are still laughing about it :laughing:

this ones very recent tm sent me to dalepak northallerton should have been dalepak northampton. glad i,m hourly paid :laughing: :laughing:

Many years ago, tipped in Zurich and phoned the company I pulled for to get my reload details. TM answered the phone and when I asked if he had a reload for me he said:

“Go to Herrenberg, I’ve looked on the map and it is just up the road from you, about 30km south of Stuttgart.”

“No problem, what’s the address?”

"Wim Bosman, Industirestra… err, erm, … Industriestrasse 10, Herrenberg.

Off I go

Later that day

I’m in Herrenberg and no sign of an Industriestrasse. Ask a few people, nothing. Stop at a Shell garage and ask there, never heard of company or street. They check a local map and the phone book for me, nothing. Phone the office, no mobile in those days so use payphone in garage…

“No one has heard of Wim Bosman here and there is no Industriestrasse.”

“Mmhh, strange. Give me 15 minutes and call back.”

15 minutes later

“Hello, any joy?”

“Yes, I know why you can’t find it.”

“Why, am I in the wrong town?”

“Sort of, but you are actually in the wrong country.”

“The wrong what now?” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Err, yes, I gave you the wrong address, you should be in 's-Heerenberg in Holland, not Herrenberg in Germany.”

“Where is 's-Heerenberg then?”

“Near Arnhem!”

“Ooops, you still want me to go there?”

“Yes please, don’t worry we will pay the miles.”

" 'kin right you will." :laughing: :laughing:

“Oh, by the way, it is Industriestraat not industriestrasse. I thought it looked odd but thought it was a typo.”

Now if only he had said straat instead of strasse first time I would have questioned it.

The next day, and some 500 kilometres later, I arrived at the correct address in 's-Heerenberg. :smiley: :smiley:

Most worrying, this guy was my nominated CPC holder so I actually employed him part time. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Drive from Swansea to Casablanca urgent & empty - when I got there the load had been canceled . Great ride tho! LOL

scanny77:
not yours, your bosses :smiling_imp:

i think my biggest ■■■■ up would have to be when i was sent from andover to london with a rigid stacked top to bottom, front to back with electrical items. i finally found the customer who was expecting demo stuff ie 1 of each item which would have been about 3 in total :laughing:

either that or 1 from last year

guess who i was ultimately working for :laughing:
that was my motor parked up on an overnight after a delivery waiting for my backload which had already been dispatched meaning i ran back empty :laughing:

The best one I had was one Sunday a few years ago, pulling for DHL, had a trailer full to tip at Tesco’s in Middlewitch, then to run empty over to Worksop, do a drop & swap and take it back to Godmanchester. Easy peasy? should have been! They got it all tipped while I had a belated Sunday lie-in, then looked at the paperwork and found it was destined for Welham Green on Tuesday…DOH! It turned out that although I had the right trailer number according to the paperwork, the muppets had put the wrong load on. Sooo, I had to wait another two hours while they reloaded it, and then took it all back to Godmanchester again. Nice work when you get it. Another time, they wanted me to take an empty trailer to Crick, but I spotted that one and had to witness the miscreant having tender parts chewed by the night manager!