Whats your first balls-up of the year?

Just wondered what your first balls up/close shave etc of the year is :question: :exclamation:

Mine was the other day when i was delivering in lincoln, i went to turn right into a small side road and as i turned i was looking to make sure i wasnt going to loose my roof to the over hanging tree or hit the brick wall on my left, i glanced back in my right mirror and was about to clip one of those white bollards with the arrowns on with side of rear trye (i mean which clever clogs had the bright idea and decided to put one their :twisted: :unamused: ), luckily i saw it and corrected my self but it was a close shave :exclamation: :exclamation: And it nearly became my first ■■■■ up of the year… :blush: :blush:

I have turned right down that road before so must of just got my angle wrong!!! :unamused: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

had a close one the other day going into Fleet (Ancells park). even the guy who was passenger for the day (fuel efficiency dude) who passed his test before I was born reckoned it was close! Driving along the sweeping left bend, dude in a nice merc hammered up from an ajoining road from the left, and turned right in front of me (across my path). Trouble was, he didn’t look right whatsoever and was on his mobile. I tooted the 'orn and he pulled a silly face! yeah like thats how his face would have looked with a Foden badge embossed on it :imp:

Probably posting on this site :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

burst a air line turning in the smallest yard in the world just the other day :open_mouth:

had to fill in a accident form for it - my lot class that as accident damage :unamused:

None as I haven’t had any work yet… :angry:

pulled off 2 airlines and extened my day by 2 hours and lost that job

trying to get to a halal[some kind of meat] place in brum i followed the map and decided to take top entrance into side street, got there , no chance, no way to go back so headed forward and it got tighter and tighter, i sweated more and more , eventually had to attempt a blind side reverse into a side street, pitch black , cars everywhere , i did it with a few shunts :wink: .
i sat there for a few seconds to get my head together and then realised all the curtains were back, thought they were all admiring my reversing, but then i realised in all my panic i hadnt turned the reversing bleeper off :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . :unamused: :unamused:

ady1:
trying to get to a halal[some kind of meat] place in brum i followed the map and decided to take top entrance into side street, got there , no chance, no way to go back so headed forward and it got tighter and tighter, i sweated more and more , eventually had to attempt a blind side reverse into a side street, pitch black , cars everywhere , i did it with a few shunts :wink: .
i sat there for a few seconds to get my head together and then realised all the curtains were back, thought they were all admiring my reversing, but then i realised in all my panic i hadnt turned the reversing bleeper off :blush: :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . :unamused: :unamused:

Its even worse mate when you drive a truck that you cant turn the bleeper off and it’s so loud its comparable to a fog horn… :blush: :blush: :blush:

what time was it? i was told its an offence (not sure what its classed as though or fine/punishment) if you use one between 11:30pm and 7am :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

A good point that about the reversing bleepers. I was always under the impression that they had to be able to be manually switched off, 'cos as rightly pointed out they are illegal to use between certain hours.
Most of the vehicles I’ve driven that have them also have a switch on the dash to turn them off.
Or is that the tacho? :laughing: :laughing:

Getting caught today by Mrs Mix for using 21 language dodging words in Bullys Bar :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

She did miss two :open_mouth: :smiley:

Off to whip myself with a birch rod whilst reciting ‘I must not upset Mrs M’ :laughing:

I delivered somewhere last week and knocked 8 bags of cement with my crane and split them all it got me a written warning.

dragged a vauxhal astra along the road with the tail lift of my 7.5 ton yesterday :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

mine was today :blush: backing into a warehouse on my blindside, cars everywere as usual, few of there own staff watchin me then crunch, no 1 says a word or nothin :smiling_imp: pulls forward a touch goes to back of trailer, edge of container has knocked down the post marker pushed it inot building creased all the tin covering on the building an at the top were the top of the container has hit aswell

■■■■■■ me off because no1 shouted etc (ino i should have looked but i have been to this place 100’s of times) as soon i it happened they were straight on the fone like babys sayin your driver has hit our warehouse blah blah blah made a meal out of nothin the ■■■

rant over :imp:

had to fill in a accident form for it - my lot class that as accident damage

Give me the name of your company so as i can stay clear of them,i suppose they want you to pay for them as well.muppets :laughing:

Today bout 7 am still dark, on the A602 near Hertford, nothing in front of me, nothing behind me…quite happy listening to my tunes. When an artic comes round a corner and starts flashing his headlights like mad, hazards on!!!
WTF, so i slow down and I couldnt believe it there was a car overtaking him with no lights on!!! I didnt see it til last minute the car didnt even attempt to slow down or speed up or move over, it was headed straight for me!!!

I had to move right over to get thru!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ady1:
halal[some kind of meat]

Halal is the method of preparation. The animal is bled first before being butchered,

My 1st mistake (I was going to say ■■■■-up but i know wha you lot are like :laughing: )

2nd January overslept :unamused: then scraped a bright yellow post at 1st drop. :blush:

good start to the year and a good job i carry T-cut :wink:

Mine was missed my turn for Crayford north bound on the 25 approaching the Dartford Tunnel had to go all the way through and come back my stupidity cost me £7.40 ■■■■ that hurt.

i had a little dancing on ice at lymm services monday last :blush:
went round the garage so the sun would be behind me, as i past the garage, i turned right a little… but kept going forwards :open_mouth: the trl then decided it wanted to come close to my window :blush: ,the trl was empty aswell :blush: when i did park up found out i pulled the abs line off the unit :blush: but only 1 person saw me i think and he was filling up.

Had a delivery on Monday at a place called “Upper Cwm Farm”; looks on map, finds “Cwm Farm” so logical guess (no mobile coverage so can’t ring farmer) says my drop is up the lane past that one.

Gets up there, having noted evidence of a recent previous “in-off” on nearside; sod it wrong farm. Nowhere to turn round, so I reverse back down lane, avoiding damage on my nearside, go an inch too far over and get stuck in dich on off-side. New truck is I-shift with mid-lift axle so on wet slippery farm lane it is about as much use as Stevie Wonder’s telescope. :imp:

End up being stuck there for the night as by the time the local recovery man comes down it’s getting dark. Fortunately the old girl at the farm offers me a bed for the night (don’t get ideas she was closer 80 than 70!) so at 8am Tuesday morning I meet up with the recovery guy on the lane; it gets better now, the truck is a 1943 Ward La-France, ex-US Army! Petrol engine, does 2 miles per gallon.

Since it’s a blind lane, we can’t get past my truck to hitch on to the front, otherwise we’d have been out in half an hour. Instead, it takes us five hours of digging, cursing, cutting the hedge back, slewing the boom and shoving packing timbers under the wheels before the bloody thing reluctantly comes out. Fortunately no damage to either my truck or me, and in this game it’s an occupational hazard anyway so my boss is OK about it.

The recovery guy is e-mailing me some video footage so youse can all have a bloody good laugh at my expense when I get it! :wink:

Worst thing was that I was having to get in and out of the cab across the hump, with muddy riggers on, so my nice clean cab now looks like it’s had a herd of water buffalo living in it! :imp:

I get home Tuesday night to find that the missus has three broken fingers after slipping on a wet floor at work.

Is it me■■? :frowning:

pecjam23:
Its even worse mate when you drive a truck that you cant turn the bleeper off and it’s so loud its comparable to a fog horn… :blush: :blush: :blush:

what time was it? i was told its an offence (not sure what its classed as though or fine/punishment) if you use one between 11:30pm and 7am :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Highway Code Rule 112

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

while stationary on the road
when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger.

A reversing bleeper is a horn.

They should either not work when the lights are switched on OR have a manual over ride kill switch.