Time to own up!

Time to own up.
Ive seen loads of posts on here about first trips out mistakes made ect, as we know we all learn from mistakes and other peoples mistakes, so i thought lets get topic going on your first bump/error ect

Well my first bump was in a bin lorry i had next to no trucking experience and spent the day in and out of narrow streets sweating and bum chewing the seat for several hours all was great until, the rear of the truck hit a bright green van :blush: parked on a corner. Only a small dent in the van wing and a huge dent in my pride with loss of what little confidence i had and thinking this aint for me i shouldnt be driving this thing, i am getting the sack ect ect,

Lucky the manager was good about it and used it as a reason to take the â– â– â– â–  out of me :blush: , no real harm done and 1 mistake taught me several lessons that day wich have never left me.

That thankfully is the only bump ive had to date. so cmon guys and girls what was your first bump or error. Do share as i for one learn from your mistakes too :smiley:

I compacted a guys o.s mirror when I thought I left enough room to get past.
Was only on the job a fortnight when it happened.

Was delivering carpets in Bridlington.

If the driver from delta carpets is on here… Sorry :blush: :blush: :blush:

I pulled a wall down in a primary school after getting lost and reversing through their gate way to turn round, I under estimated the rear steer and ended up pulling a small wall down.

I also ripped a gate out doing something similar, overhang and rear steers are still a big issue for me lol

You do live and learn though. And luckily those are my only real ■■■■ ups, If that is lucky…

rear ended my driving instructor (nooooooooo not ■■■■■■) whilst he was in his car…he did admit was his fault for braking with no apparent reason :unamused:

I’d been driving about a week when a woman decided to drive into the side of the truck when her lane merged into mine. To make the day better, later on some nutcase attacked me for being on double yellow lines. I still refuse to drive in London unless I’m going to one place where I know I can park in safety. Scarred for life.

the first one I had was driving through a tunnel entrance into a small mill yard with the bright sun on my windscreen.
Just kept going very slowly as I couldn’t see anything only to bump into and demolish the outside toilets for the mill.

the first bump of many!

Nudged a Morris Marina from behind(ooo errr) approaching a roundabout in Luton.Couldnt fathon how i done it,stopped about 5 feet away, as i raised up out of the drivers seat and had a look it dawned on me that it was pulling a trailer.
I say trailer but it was more akin to a tea chest on a roller skate . . would have been early 80s.

Kin double post . . sorry . . the first one wasnt that good anyway was it :blush:

Wow, you did the same thing twice!! :smiley:

posted before I saw your last post!!!

Hit an over hanging branch with a decker, took the top corner off the trailer and smashed the guys windscreen behind. Didnt know anything about it till i got a call from the boss. Day 3 on artics lol.

Was driving down a busy road in Wimbledon, going slow looking for a house number, in an ERF rigid.
I was obvously annoying the traffic behind as a car pulled out to overtake me.
At the same time, up ahead a young lad on a scooter approached the road I was on from the right, he looked right and turned straight left (towards me).

I ■■■■ myself, there’s a car overtaking me and this lad just turned ito it’s path. Looking in my offside mirror, I pulled hard to the kerb to make room. And ■■■■■■■ a tree branch sticking out into the road. Knocked the branch down and cracked the top corner capping on the body.

Scooter went up the path to miss the car.

And we all lived happily ever after.