Biggest Error

What is the biggest error that you have made, detected or undetected. I suppose mine was many years ago driving a Commer artic tanker with a scammell coupling . Driving through a quarry after unloading I reached down to check if the pto was out of gear and I pulled the trailer release lever in mistake. The trailer rolled back down the ramps and the wheels hit the ground . The auto locking system was worn so the wheels folded back under the trailer and it went down on its knees. A quick word with the driver of a loading shovel got the trailer up again and I managed to block the wheels and couple up again. What was quite an incident was only a short delay.
I never did it but the biggest ■■■■ up a fuel tanker could do was crossing over the petrol and derv into the wrong tanks and the road outside the garage being blocked with broken down cars.
One workmate came to work without his glasses and could see the delivery store name started with B so he went to Barnstaple instead of Basingstoke which was not one of our regular runs.
Another driver started unloading in a garage that was closed. This was against the regulations as someone else should be in attendance. After a while he realised he was at the wrong garage and drove off to where he should have been with the rest of the load. The owner of the first garage disputed the amount delivered and with the breach of regulations as well this was one ■■■■ the driver did not get away with.

Lol. Brillliant. You’d think the guy delivering the wrong fuel would have just thought, better hold my hand up to this one. Bet he got sacked for that, honesty really is the best policy, we all make mistakes.

We’ve all had near misses were we’ve nearly done the unthinkable.

My best one was unhooking one of them 20 foot diddy parcel force trailers at NDC Coventry whereby i’d not long passed so did have a “procedure list” but still jumped out & pulled the pin first thing for some reason, most 45 footers would have stayed on but my diddy proceeded to just roll off the back of the unit on to it’s knees & nearly take off through the fence!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mr.Shunter was straight over to cover my blushes & lifted him up as I pumped the leg winding handle as fast as my arms could pump. :stuck_out_tongue: With me thanking my lucky stars that it didn’t have enough momentum to breach the fence!

My last three jobs, excluding my current one.

Muckaway:

Watch this space listeners :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

Muckaway:

Second word is “off”. :laughing:

Getting married

kr79:
Getting married

Lol +1

Muckaway:

tango boy:

Muckaway:

Lol. The only bloke I know who attatches a pre-filled P45 with every job application he sends in.

An intimate meeting with an Irish bog

Going to Iceland Luton instead of Iceland Swindon. I got away with it too:)

Giving advice to JOKER83 :smiley:

switchlogic:
An intimate meeting with an Irish bog

An Irish bog with peat?
Or an Irish bog with Pete?

Driving through Hungary without clearing customs on a TIR, i had cleared customs going out of Austria but not going into Hungary. Realised when i was nearly at the Rumo boarde.

Drinking a half pint of southern comfort after 10 pints of jennings. Then trying to down a bottle of vodka. I was ill. Very ill. But to be fair I didn’t have a hangover as I was only 16.

Muckaway:

tango boy:

Muckaway:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Spacemonkeypg:
Driving through Hungary without clearing customs on a TIR, i had cleared customs going out of Austria but not going into Hungary. Realised when i was nearly at the Rumo boarde.

Did you have to go back?

yep

Not checking the trailer brake was on when split coupling a reefer trailer on an incline. Won’t be making that mistake again I can tell you.

Was driving coaches working out of leicester…had to go deliver a replacement coach to leeds castle, hit wakefield before i realised the ■■■■ up

Believing the delivery address on the paperwork.
A mate said “can you do a run on Saturday for me up to Newcastle” and then bring back some caravan parts from somewhere I had done before for him later in the day URGENT , for delivery on Monday. "It’s not far off the return " he joked.
It was my first drive in his new F12 ( 1980’s) and we were thinking of buying a 6x2 version like his…whoop woop yes Happy Bunny of course I will.
Now remember this is BEFORE mobiles or computers or major use of postcodes.
Saturday morning I got to yard it’s was ready to go , keys hidden on it at 4am …off I went …Delivery address is Newcastle under Lyme on the paperwork written by the ■■■■ Doris who paraded around the office , No brains and all ■■■■ type. I thought it odd but it was as clear as day written.
Shame it should have been Newcastle "upon Tyne ". Which I found out about 5 hrs later after spending an hour with a very friendly traffic cop who was trying not to laugh as he confirmed with the local plod near the company!
Was to late to pick up caravan parts that night so it was Monday night before I got home…and then was late for the Ferry for my old Man on our Spain run and he was fuming at me. What a ■■■■ up .