Bad parking.My own fault though

Ive seen this done once.I thought i wouldn’t be stupid enough to do it myself.
But watch out fo trailers when your in your car as you can’t see them in the mirrors. :smiling_imp:
And it was dark.

Tonyb

nice mess!! how you done that then :confused: :confused:

OUCH! Oh mate thats so easily done and an expensive mistake. At least you weren’t hurt. You aren’t the first and you won’t be the last. I bet you felt sick to the pit of yr stomach.

It should buff out…

ok maybe not

I was gutted when someone scraped my car with a unit but i bet its much worse when the numpty at the end of the go pedal is yourself, much self chastising went on in the following hours i should imagine

Rotten luck mate…

well done for having the bottle to own up to it on here!!!
really bad luck mate

truckermarcus:
nice mess!! how you done that then :confused: :confused:

I got into work and my mate was strapping my trailer down for me.I lined myself up to reverse into the parking,checked my mirrors and just reversed up.
CRUNCH :open_mouth:
Because the front of the triler is quite high i didn’t see a thing.

It’s cost my excess on the insurance and i’m taking alot of stick over it.

At least my dad is good enough to lend me his untill mine is done.

Tonyb

Bit of T-Cut be as good as new :laughing:

you do realise a fiesta isnt type approved to pull a 40 footer! :laughing:
sorry couldt resist.

tonyb70:
untill mine is done.

Tonyb

Surely thats a write-off. Roof damage isn’t normally repaired, unless things have changed since I worked in the garage trade.
It would probably be cheaper for the insurance co. to buy you a new car then sell the “damaged repairable,light o/s/r damage” on to a salvage company.

Highlander:

tonyb70:
untill mine is done.

Tonyb

Surely thats a write-off. Roof damage isn’t normally repaired, unless things have changed since I worked in the garage trade.
It would probably be cheaper for the insurance co. to buy you a new car then sell the “damaged repairable,light o/s/r damage” on to a salvage company.

It went in last monday.The garage phoned me and said the parts are being ordered,2-3 weeks he said.I haven’t heard anything else from them.

Would it show up on a HPI check if i sold it?
I see some cars for sale and in the advert it states that it has been damaged repaired.But it drastically reduces the price of them.Even if it’s been professionaly done and are back to a new condition.

Tonyb

Don’t know about the HPI thing but AFAIK its only write-off’s/stolen/recovered/financed cars that get listed.
If your car is repaired and then you decide to sell it you wouldn’t have to tell the buyer.Why would you? There are thousands of used cars out there so buyers would be more likely to purchase one that has not been damaged,therefore you would have to reduce your selling price to get rid of it.

Just surprised they didn’t write it off. There’s a lot of work involved replacing rear quarter panel/roof sections,whether it’s replacing the whole panel or cutting out the damaged section and grafting in the corresponding section cut from a new quarter panel

It is being done at a bodyshop that cocked up a respray on my mates car,twice.
So if it isn’t right they will have it back to do properly.
I only had it 2 months.

Tonyb

You sure it’s a Ford? If it wasn’t It looks like a couple I’ve delivered before :laughing:

KNOW a driver who backed HIS unit into The ECT caravan :blush: All I’ll say is (oh mate That hurts :laughing: :laughing: ) I AM DEAD MEAT Tomorrow at ECT meeting Good bye nice to have known you all :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: Guess Who :question: He has a Red Scania :open_mouth: