Assault!

Was at a warehouse in Bashley Rd, Wembley recently (when we had the warm unseasonal weather).
I had a combi splitter trailer with 2x20’s on board. I split the back (empty) from the front and drove onto the footpath because the road isn’t wide enough for both parts of the trailer.
Anyway, got the rear doors open for them, dropped the suspension and left them to it.
Settled down on the bunk with both doors locked but both windows and sunroof open (Volvo FH12) and dozed off.
About an hour into the discharge I felt the cab rock violently from side to side so I peered round from behind the passenger seat to see some young scumbag leaning in through the door trying to scoop up my possessions (phone, briefcase etc) which were on the dashboard.
I instinctively grabbed hold of him and introduced him to one of my fists! (as I did this I thought to myself, ‘Christ, I hope it’s not the forkie coming to tell me they had finished discharge!’)
Anyway, he wriggled out of his shirt and was off down the street leaving me holding it in my hand.
I don’t know who was more surprised, me to see him or him to see me! At one point as I held him he was saying “alright mate, alright” as if I was attacking **HIM!**Police were there within 2 minutes. We went for a ride round but didn’t find him. I gave them the shirt and thought no more about it (except to lock the doors AND shut the windows from now on)
Hey presto, got a phone call yesterday to say they had caught him and DNA’d him to the shirt. They have got him on loads of other charges including car theft, so I don’t need to go to court.
Just thought I’d share this with you for the next time you settle down for a snooze!

:open_mouth:

Well thats a turn up for the books aint the law actually not doing a motorist :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

simon

Nice one Steveo!

Well done the Police for actually catching the thief.

All we need now is for the British justice system to dish out the appropriate penalty. If that doesn’t work, try introducing him to your other fist. :wink:

killsville:
All we need now is for the British justice system to dish out the appropriate penalty.

Thats the trouble KV, you got more chance of going to the moon!

Top marks to the police, as contrary to public opinion, they do (sometimes) get their man (or woman) :wink:

must have caught him in a radar trap… its all they seem to do in crime prevention around here!!!

good news to here of a positive result though

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thats a good news when i was on boxes i was always asleep but never left the windows open more than a couple inch.
when i was on nights i did a changeover at cheively for Quinny incidently and the lorry next to the one i was changing over with had gone to bed with his window wide open :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Good result Steveo, at least they got the little [zb], trouble is now all he will get is community service or such like, I advocate shooting the buggers!

steveo999:
I split the back (empty) from the front and drove onto the footpath

Cheek of the man ! A young fella just trying to earn a living molested by a ne’er do well ! Well sir I have your details including mugshot and I shall see to it that the relevant authorities take strong action regarding your criminal activities as detailed above.You won’t get away with this sonny! :wink:

[zb] didn’t realise I was in the bunk, he must have thought I was in the back of the box helping unload…
…Shows what he knows about container drivers!!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with the sentiment, but that had to go. L. :wink:

whats the betting he bills you for a new shirt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

whats the betting he bills you for a new shirt

that will be when he gets back off his dont do that agin you naughty boy hliday in spain :smiling_imp:

jon

Result there Steve, though as i was reading your post i was expecting you say that said scumbag was pressing assualt charges against you :open_mouth: glad that the criminal justice system worked on behalf of the victim and not the offender for once :slight_smile:
Years ago a mate of mine who was an O/D, was starting early on the Monday so decided to sleep in the unit Sunday night at the yrad where he and a few others used to keep theyre lorries, about 0100 there was an almighty crash, some low lifes had smashed the side window on his truck, he jumps up raging at them and they cleared off, he rung the Police who roars up 5mins later full blues and two’s which if the said low lifes had stayed about would by now be long gone. He obviously prevented his and other trucks getting broken into, though he did have a window to replace, just thought it similar :wink:

whats the betting he gets put his class1 for free :laughing: :laughing:

Ehhh,you know People :unamused: