m42 last night

hi all
i just thought i’d share this with you last night between jct 5 and 4 going southbound some idiot thought it would be funny to drop a bottle of beer on to my truck smashing the windscreen and showering me with glass luckily i managed to pull over and not crash .what pleasure do these prats get from doing this sort of thing be careful going down the m42

tossers m8 thats what they are… did you report it to the police ?
john

no i didn’t report it no point if they caught them nothing would be done

yeah i know what your saying

john

do us all a favour and report it. part of the reason that this is not taken seriously is because the police have no idea just how much of a problem this is for us. i know, i tried to take this kind of thing to my local police HQ and was told that although it would be passed to the road policing unit, it is quite infrequent. i agree that nothing will happen but at least it could be added to the statistics and there would be more chance of it becoming recognised as a ligit problem. get it logged on their computer mate

good point scanny will do

Scanny is spot on.The more reports on objects thrown from bridges etc,the more statistics will be raised.And in this day and age,statistics are very important :smiley: .
Our stretch of the M1,this is becoming more and more frequent and that is before the school holidays start.

i agree that nothing will happen but at least it could be added to the statistics

I totally agree, report everything! We live in a world now where we know that sod all will be done by plod unless he sees you eating an apple while driving your truck (very serious sir, 44 ton missile out of control - dangerous driving at least) that is, people do not report things for that very reason, report everything - even if a dog has ■■■■ on your lawn - report it, that is the only way things will get done, however saying that my brother in law reported a gang of kids actually demolishing a telephone box, they smashed the glass and ripped out the insides before trying to push the thing over, he called the law - and was put in a que, told them what, where how many etc, all they were bothered with was who he was and where he was calling from, plod did turn up - next day to take a statement, best of it is there is a cafe about 50 metres from this phone box and the buggers (plod) live in there during the day, you sort of get the feeling that if theres a remote possibility of a copper getting a whack from someone it is better to leave well alone.

Unfortunately just a another manifestation of the kind of society we have allowed to develop in this country. A guy I worked with once had his windscreen shot out by somebody as he was going along the A14 in a van. One wonders where it will all end?

A bunch of two hats dropped a metal bar off a bridge onto my wifes car a few years ago, It smashed the screen and knocked out the interior light.

She came home in a right state, I jumped in the car and went to give them thier metal bar back but luckily (for us all) I couldn’t find them :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

dogface:
hi all
i just thought i’d share this with you last night between jct 5 and 4 going southbound some idiot thought it would be funny to drop a bottle of beer on to my truck smashing the windscreen and showering me with glass luckily i managed to pull over and not crash .what pleasure do these prats get from doing this sort of thing be careful going down the m42

■■■■■■■■■ should be hung from the highest tree. One bright day someone will catch one of 'em, and I hope they really hurt them. Remember Mike Little? :imp: :imp: :imp: