Asda Lutterworth yesterday

Anyone get stuck here yesterday? I was there for a 9am tip in warehouse round the back of the main depot, 2 pallets and g/i bod said he would sign p/work as ‘unchecked’ so I could get away. Took 2 mins to tip and ONE AND A HALF HOURS to get paperwork signed!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
And the clerk was the most miserable upstart you could come across :cry:

Won’t be doin’ that one again… :wink:

Still, the ambient w/house was even worse…

Don’t know why they call these places “SUPER” markets, cos they are far from that. :angry:

Winge over with…and relax… :slight_smile: :smiley:

Dan.

I now drive for Asda, & i have never worked for a more miserable set of people in my life.not only are the check in clerks from a different planet, but you should try delivering to the stores, a bigger bunch of morons, worse than the rdc,they try to unload you as if its the hardest thing in the world to do & the moron who loaded the cage or pallets must be on drugs. No way will i be needing that 10% discount card, with the amount of goods scrapped of the floor.

Asda Lutterworth holds my personal best award the longest tip, nine and a half hours for a 20ft cotainer of wine! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Blimey Lindsey, you could have drank it quicker… :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Too right mate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It was that epic I have remained friends with some of the truckers that I met in the lorry park.

I use to do some multi drop & Asda stores only exspected you to queue behind whole loads to deliver even the smallest packages.
I started leaving the I called but you where not here notes, it did’nt change anything, but it hacked them off no end.
As a whole I think the stores are worse than the RDC’s (for attitude.) One local store tried to make me wait whilst the wearhouse manager had his break, ( 1 hour I was told !!) before they would accept a home delivery van, I phoned my company who backed my 10 minutes or lose it response.
Another local store tried to keep me waiting for a timed delivery of free goods as they only had one FLT driver, & he was on a break, being booked into a second drop 30 minutes later I gave them an I called but you were not here note & left with several hundred pounds of free alchol that was for an advertised & dated promotion.

Oh :exclamation: Fond memories :slight_smile:

When I worked for Fed Ex I was based 8 miles from there and was once sent up there with a 4.00pm tip after starting at 7.00am that morning, after waiting till 6.00pm I went in and said my time was up soon and I would be leaving, I was told I couldn’t leave to which i replied “Just watch me, if the berrier is down it’s getting pushed over”
A supervisor ran after me and told me to drop the trailer and they would get the shunter to tip it overnight, I did so and with enough time to get home I drove there unit only, parked on my driveway, then went back next day for the empty. Fed Ex paid me for a night out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve had a collection from Fort Dunlop in the past. Got there at 5am with a 7.5t and eventually managed to get out of the place at about 4pm, walking over to the shopping centre as previously had been refused access.

They eventually loaded me at 7pm. The boss was calling every 15 minutes for the first 2 hours then i told him I’d ring when I was loaded.

He called again at 2pm thinking that I had “forgotten” to call him back and was dutifully not impressed that I had been on a bay since 9am but not yet loaded. Went for lunch at 4pm with another driver with the same company who had arrived at 9am and was still waiting…

please excuse my ignorance but what is an RDC thank you :confused:

Regional Distribution Center.

The main use being that products are bought in bulk and broken down for each stores individual needs. A large source of work for most of us which is how such a wide slice of trucknet can discuss the same location.

Well i have a diferent tale for you

i delivered into asda wigan last week when i booked in i asked the guy how long to tip he said between 3 and 4 hours so i asked for my notes back as i wasnt waiting that long to drop 1 plt he then said anything upto 4 plts you jump the queue :sunglasses: was chatting to the guy for a bit and he said this is standard practice for this rdc but if a driver just comes in hands his notes over then joins the queue theres not much he can do about it :confused:

simon

Simon, I got the two pallets tipped straight away,it’s the fact that the g/i clerk had said that he would sign my note AS ‘UNCHECKED’ so that I didn’t have to hang around,but then had the audacity to make me wait for 1 1/2 hours for my notes :imp: I might as well have joined the queue :cry:

Dan.

The only RDC I ever ‘enjoy’ going to is Sainsburys at Basingstoke!!!

We get treated like humans and anyone who puts Produce in there on a regular basis will know you are sometimes lucky to get a 15 minute break on your tacho there… even with a 26 pallet load!! They ‘finish’ taking deliveries at 8pm and if you go in there any time after 7, you are liable to have 3 or 4 tipping you!!

In my opinion, ALL Tesco’s RDC’s should be bloody burned to the ground!!!

I believe asda have a new booking in system dont know if its true but i heard it works like this

they tip the truck onto loading bay

guy comes along with trolley with scanner

scans every item on pallet

that info is then sent to head office

who eventually process it

and labels are printed off

then your notes are signed

now as i said i dont now if this is true but if so it sounds a very long winded way of doing things especially for us

i was in asda Lutterworth today and to be fair to them they turned me round inside 20 minutes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

20 Minutes! I bet they wanted to finish in time to watch England v Wales…

no but it was first thing!! and read my other post regarding my next drop at morrisons!!! that made up for it in a big way. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

PMAC:
please excuse my ignorance but what is an RDC thank you :confused:

much better if you don’t know

clue #1 - I don’t deliver sheep there… :wink:

Longest wait to be tipped was 51/2 hours at Asda Portland Bill. Six pallets of ice cream. Gate time was 0700 got there at 0645 and was informed one of their freezers was broken. One of the best RDCs I dropped into was Tesco Doncaster in and out no messing. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: