Sainsbury's Stoke

Was just wondering if Sainsbury Distribution at Stoke was the same notoriously slow tip as it used to be back in my day of going there years ago. When I used to work for Irlams (jct 15 M6) we used to fight to the death to get the Sainsbury tips cuz you could spend your entire shift there!

Used to go from the yard drive half a mile up the A500 book in at the transport office and they would take your mobile number and say “we will ring you when your done drive” then you could get on the bunk for anything up to 7hrs!!!

Once I only had to take 2 pallets up there, had a nice 5hr kip then rang me to get my paperwork from the office and told me they tipped one but were refusing the other one as it was damp! :laughing: :laughing:

Only ever done it at night, full load mixed pallets in and out in an hour and a half max. Did fall asleep on the sofa by the goods in window just before Christmas, empty waiting room at 3am, woke my self up snoring 40 mins later to see a full waiting of dudes looking really ■■■■■■ off!

Always been in & out of Sainsbury’s RDCs. I think they have a tip & drive procedure with some firms, guess I was driving for them. Went into the Haydock one with 2 pallets once & the keys were waiting for me by the time i’d walked round to the waiting room :open_mouth:

3hrs for 9 pallets in Sainsbury Basingstoke the other day…:smiling_imp:

A lot of people at in the firm I work for have been and a few have it a few times a week.

2H minimum lol and reports ranging up to 4 for 1 - 3 plts

Been there about 4 years ago on a weekly basis and I never did it in less than 4 hours. Hated the place.

Just to add to what the other drivers have said, Sainsburys stoke is abysmal, 2 hours minimum - unless you get there around 1am, they want to do the downloads so are happy tip and send you off unchecked :wink:

Biggest gripe has to be the facilities - the worst , most uncomfortable seating in any RDC I have ever had the misfortune to visit - sit there for anything up to and exceeding 4 hours and because you have allegedly had a break then you could be expected to now drive to the other end of the country. Why cant they allow you to hand in your keys and a phone number and retire to your cab ? delivering into an RDC doesn’t need to be this dire !

Questions has to be asked why Sainsburys and DHL tipping operations are so widely different around the country - with stoke coming out bottom every time - come on DHl / Sainsburys reply and let us drivers know your thoughts ■■?

Decca.

Aren’t drivers allowed to stay in their cabs anymore there now then?? :cry: Christ it must be torture having to sit in that crappy waiting room area for hours on end! At least we could get our heads down before and let them ring us to say they were done, glad I don’t have to go there anymore now! :smiley:

rob22888:
Always been in & out of Sainsbury’s RDCs. I think they have a tip & drive procedure with some firms, guess I was driving for them. Went into the Haydock one with 2 pallets once & the keys were waiting for me by the time i’d walked round to the waiting room :open_mouth:

I took a load (16 pallets) into said depot on a drop and drive basis. Still took me 3 hours to get out unchecked.

What a joke.

Then they have the sign up saying depot of the year… Lol

Ref the Haydock RDC, same experience, in and out in a blink of an eye - Did mention to them that we could do with a few of them down at Stoke - Judging by the response I got they are well aware of the reputation of the stoke team !!

Visited just about every RDC around the country, don’t understand the disparity between them - especially within the same organisation and with a relatively new warehouse, has to be poor management.

Nuff said.

I was in there couple of weeks back 19:30 bookin got to gatehouse at 19:05 told to come back at 19:20 the normal 1Hr b4 and after does not apply here then. Got on bay straight away as only 2 other del. on site at the time. Fast forward to 22:15 (my 15 is up at midnight) I ask how the tip is going to be informed it won’t be finished till after 01:00 I informed them of my 15Hr time then they had the cheek to say I should have informed them of that. Eh who takes 6 hours to tip a trailer I said. they said to take trailer away I said no I’m dropping it and u can ban me from site etc and I would take it further next thing a manager appears huffing and puffing saying he was going to call the police,my company and the supplier if I drop it I said unload me unchecked then he agreed after a few words it took them 30mins. Time now 23:40 by the time I get out the gate had to park on the path just outside gate. Now they was some other stuff said aswell but I got my load off. Boss told me next day he had a phone call I told him all about it and he said I was getting sent into all sainsburys to noise them up from now on. Not been back into Stoke since though don’t know if that’s good or bad