Asda Lutterworth... any tips?

Assuming the plan remains the same, I’ll be in there 9pm tomorrow… what’s it like?

Its a big building with loading bays Ali !!!

plenty of reading material.

No… really? I thought it was a wooden shed in a field… :unamused:

Which Asda?

There are fair few on Magna Park.

No idea Buzzard, I’m sure I’ll find out when I get there… :blush:

Does this help :question: :question: :question:
MAP OF MAGNA PARK

Sorry but the only advice i can give is “STAY AWAY”.
I don’t like rdc’s. If you stay at these places long enough you become like them.
I reckon they have mad gay disease. :laughing:

Helps a bit ROG, but I won’t know which of them will get the trailer full until I get the paperwork from the trailer at Tilbury tomorrow.
Was more interested if they’re key-stealing [zb] who make you sit in some dingy waiting room for hours on end…

Time to pull the central locking off the keyring methinks…

I think the boss is sending me there to remind me how good the rest of the job is phil mate :laughing:
One load into an RDC in 6 weeks or so isn’t too bad.

I’ve tipped at both Asda sites. I would suspect that your load isn’t going to be chilled or frozen, which is the RDC site on the right past the ADC site. the ADC site (first on the left as you enter) does take some time to tip sometimes depending on time of day - as do all ambient warehouses. The IDC site is there traywash and recycling centre.

Well at least thats how it was last time I went, and I don’t think anything has changed.

allikat:
Helps a bit ROG, but I won’t know which of them will get the trailer full until I get the paperwork from the trailer at Tilbury tomorrow.
Was more interested if they’re key-stealing [zb] who make you sit in some dingy waiting room for hours on end…

Time to pull the central locking off the keyring methinks…

Go to the first DC (left off the 1st roundabout). If it’s for the other one they’ll give you directions - it’s easy enough - and just swing round inside the gate. Both places, when you’re in, park opposite the loading bays, take your notes in and then sit in your cab. (via the coffee machine). The forkie will come and get you when he’s ready. It’ll be a side tip so no waiting round in crappy waiting rooms, the forkie might take your keys while he tips you, i can’t remember. Some asda’s do some don’t, but it’s no bother you’ll be out of the cab anyway busy with the curtains. I’ve only been there when it’s late at night and each time i’ve been tipped more or less straight away so hopefully you’ll be lucky too.

Hope this helps.

1 tonne of TNT… BEST TIP OF THE DAY!!! :smiley:

Side tip a euroliner…
Bet they’ll want both sides open too… :open_mouth: :unamused:
Well, that’s my weekly workout sorted then :laughing:

IDC is good, been there loads of times, take plenty of books, you won’t find enough magazines :exclamation:

BuzzardBoy:
Which Asda?

There are fair few on Magna Park.

you beat me to it
the 1st 1 you come to is the IDC formally know as the SMG (slow moving goods) this lot include george clothing and booze.
its also known as SMG for another reason … slow tip
the 2nd is the CDC - chilled and frozen, but with some ambient
the 3rd is the ADC - for ambient etc
most of the tips at the 3 sites are back door, at the ADC once past the gatehouse make sure you park up in the parking bays on the right, before you go into the office and dont park outside the office itself, then go in with your paperwork, and theyll allocate you a bay. I doubt youll be on the bay for long as every time Im been there its a reasonably quick backdoor tip, never been more than 1hr in/out
Ive never had a problem at any of the sites, Ive always been able to sit in my cab or have a kip on the bunk while tipping